Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:01:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: billy.ryoko PM phising scam attempt [SOLVED]  (Read 185 times)
michkima (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:52:59 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 01:42:10 AM by michkima

SOLVED

What happened:: User PM'ed me with a link to a phising website that seemingly looked like bitcointalk but with an error stating the session has expired and was asking for my password.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1058769

Reference Link: Via PM. Quote attached below, I've removed the phishing site's link from the hyperlink, but attached the link within a code tag.

Hi michkima

I've replied to you:
http://google.com

Code:
http://bitcointalk.org-index.php.actionprofileu.myrippleaddress.com/?u=michkima&r=3068548.0

Amount Scammed: Zero.
Payment Method: NA
Proof of Payment: None.
PM/Chat Logs:

Additional Notes: Requesting DT members to tag the user.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:30:15 AM

Must be a hacked account, password were changed recently.
Also, the post made on 13th of March looks linked to his original Twitter/Facebook account (Both have Billy name on it).
And by looking at the time the PM were sent, it was hacked very recent, maybe under 24 Hours Roll Eyes

Anyway, tagged but since I'm not a DT it won't show up publicly
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:55:47 AM

Hi michkima

I am billy.ryoko, I want to said that I never sent this message to you, I only found that today I can't login my account, 
after I have login the account than got the message I asking the hero member about the password, I using this account joining many bounty 
campaign and airdrop, maybe I have register some fishing web and stolen my bitcointalk password before, that nonsense to 
asking the old member password in here, I swear I did't do it! Someone have hacked my account before.

I just want to earn some token and btc in here, not want to scam any thing or anyone, I sorry for this happend, forgive me sir, 
I am not the scammer, now I have change my passwaord, I am apologize for any inconvenience caused during this case. 
If anything I can do please let me know, sorry!

billy.ryoko

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
michkima (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:28:42 AM

Hi michkima

I am billy.ryoko, I want to said that I never sent this message to you, I only found that today I can't login my account, 
after I have login the account than got the message I asking the hero member about the password, I using this account joining many bounty 
campaign and airdrop, maybe I have register some fishing web and stolen my bitcointalk password before, that nonsense to 
asking the old member password in here, I swear I did't do it! Someone have hacked my account before.

I just want to earn some token and btc in here, not want to scam any thing or anyone, I sorry for this happend, forgive me sir, 
I am not the scammer, now I have change my passwaord, I am apologize for any inconvenience caused during this case. 

billy.ryoko

It's still right to tag your account as hacked or potentially hacked account. Just to warn everybody about it.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:08:20 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 12:49:26 PM by billy.ryoko

Hi michkima

billy.ryoko

It's still right to tag your account as hacked or potentially hacked account. Just to warn everybody about it.

Sorry sir, in this case I have got the red trust, can you accept my apologize, I want to said I never sent the massage before and
want to fixed it. I am sorry.

anyone can help me, this not fair to me, I am not the scammer, just the account hacked by someone, than got the negative trust and can't participate
many bounty campaign in the future, please help.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
michkima (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:22:58 PM

If you account was really hacked then that is not my problem. I just post what happened and it is up to the community to decide about it. billy.ryoko PM'ed me asking to put this down, but I don't really have any power to convince DT members what to do about this.

@billy.ryoko: The best you can do is to ask for the removal of the trust rating or conversion to a neutral one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: