Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Once again, Holy difficulty jump, Batman!!!!  (Read 7030 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 11:25:18 AM

Maybe we can aggree on a certain increase of difficulty / month, given in %?

I think it is 80-120%.

What do you think?

crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:47:28 AM

It really just depends on the flow of hardware/hashing power since they are working on/with tightest die set they can we will eventually see a plateau that comes from market saturation since the machines wont be able to get much faster.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
fattypig

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 01:10:16 PM

Big jump coming ahead, Hashfast 1PH/s and KNCMiner 0.5PH/s..

got2bereal

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:08:47 PM

Some with free electricity will keep mining.
Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:27:04 PM

Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

Actually despite what others have said, it's not out of the realm of possibility that this is in fact broadly what happened - that all ASIC manufacturers did mine on their products for some time before shipping them out. (Though three months is definitely ruled out as too long. Three weeks... perhaps)

First off, we know that's exactly what ASICMINER did and is doing, since it was their explicitly stated business model all along. Secondly, this is consistent with the properties of an exponential graph. Shifting an exponential curve to the left is mathematically equivalent to shifting it up.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:37:15 AM

You guys are in for a bit of a surprise........
Much of this is from China and if you were to find out how much they are about to bring on line, you will piss your pants.

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
fattypig

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 01:17:05 PM

You guys are in for a bit of a surprise........
Much of this is from China and if you were to find out how much they are about to bring on line, you will piss your pants.

You mean they are getting ready to dump all the BTC?

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:56:15 AM

Have you noticed the BTC price jump Mister Batman ?
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:02:00 PM

$193 right now, damn I wish I had bought BTC when it was in the $60's a month or so ago......

LTC down to $1.67, and I have 200 LTC.  Son of a bitch. Angry
armodilloben

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 02:41:44 PM

I think it is 80-120%.

What do you think?

For whoever is interested in a percentual growth of Difficulty:

I think we had 60-80%, in the last few month the percentual increase was about 80-120%.

The current increase (l30d) is 138 %.

Mining with "ordinary" (everything except latest rigs that heavily bring in ROI) devices in central Europe is a joke. The increasing difficulty suggests that the bitcoin can possibly not climb that high that mining would be something that could be done by a broad audience of users.

BobMarley

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:53:32 PM

$193 right now, damn I wish I had bought BTC when it was in the $60's a month or so ago......

lol

c1010010

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:56:25 PM

lol

I bought it at $9... and sold it at the "peak" of $45.

I'm a stock market wizard.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:59:13 PM

Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

Makes a note to never do business with tmk225.
c1010010

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:25:48 PM

heh

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:28:03 PM

I think it is 80-120%.

What do you think?
Who's "we"?

mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:33:14 PM

Well then those ASIC manufacturers are morons for letting the money get away like that.  I'd have those ASICs pimping for me for 3 months each before allowing the people who paid for them to have them.

Makes a note to never do business with tmk225.
noted...lol

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:57:24 AM

And people complain because they are losing money......never ceases to amaze.  If you didn't see this coming, you have no one to blame but yourself. It has been covered extensively for months..(almost a year at this point) that this would happen.

The real kick in the teeth is that people have been waiting for many months (or over a year) for hardware that was promised to have shipped long ago - when it was going to be worth something!  This difficulty rise is just pouring salt in the wounds for many people...

Alas, the ability to print money is relegated to the rich yet again...  go figure.

Another way of looking at that is it was THEFT. A company had produced the unit, mined with it and then shipped 12 months late by any definition that is theft.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
armodilloben

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 08:47:29 AM

And people complain because they are losing money......never ceases to amaze.  If you didn't see this coming, you have no one to blame but yourself. It has been covered extensively for months..(almost a year at this point) that this would happen.

The real kick in the teeth is that people have been waiting for many months (or over a year) for hardware that was promised to have shipped long ago - when it was going to be worth something!  This difficulty rise is just pouring salt in the wounds for many people...

Alas, the ability to print money is relegated to the rich yet again...  go figure.

Another way of looking at that is it was THEFT. A company had produced the unit, mined with it and then shipped 12 months late by any definition that is theft.
I think that it is everything but not theft. It should be fraud. They use the money of the customers to mine bitcoins, they do not communicate on a trustworthy base (they throw smoke grenades all the time) and eventually, when the mining devices are not cost-sufficient anymore in regions where electricity does cost something, they ship it, having been able to consumate all financial benefits but still giving the customer all the risks.

Fraud. Coldly calculated, they tell customers false facts (those facts are primarily for preventing the customer to withdraw their order). Unfortunately, they are still given a forum and opportunity to make advertising on bitcointalk.org - but still i understand what implications exist when locking out particular corporates based on accusations and not real, solid jurisdictions. But after seeing the behaviour of certain BFL people, i am pretty sure, that it will not take too long until the legal jackhammer will hit BFL.

fattypig

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:56:52 PM

I think that it is everything but not theft. It should be fraud. They use the money of the customers to mine bitcoins, they do not communicate on a trustworthy base (they throw smoke grenades all the time) and eventually, when the mining devices are not cost-sufficient anymore in regions where electricity does cost something, they ship it, having been able to consumate all financial benefits but still giving the customer all the risks.

Fraud. Coldly calculated, they tell customers false facts (those facts are primarily for preventing the customer to withdraw their order). Unfortunately, they are still given a forum and opportunity to make advertising on bitcointalk.org - but still i understand what implications exist when locking out particular corporates based on accusations and not real, solid jurisdictions. But after seeing the behaviour of certain BFL people, i am pretty sure, that it will not take too long until the legal jackhammer will hit BFL.

Nicely said, but they already make tons of money which they can just close down the company and run away and its pretty hard to hit them legally cause its Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: