Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you read legal agreement when you purchase tokens in ICO?  (Read 135 times)
Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:23:50 PM

So I was wondering, do you check the agreement when you purchase tokens? Do you understand what it says?

If you have further concerns PM me, I am a lawyer.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:27:08 PM

So I was wondering, do you check the agreement when you purchase tokens? Do you understand what it says?

Honestly I don't believe that many people do. When you think about it most of people simply scroll through and skim read the whitepaper and not understand everything and you think they read agreement? Of course many don't, it is similar when there is ToS for signing up with some website and people simply check the box without reading.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

Honestly I don't believe that many people do. When you think about it most of people simply scroll through and skim read the whitepaper and not understand everything and you think they read agreement? Of course many don't, it is similar when there is ToS for signing up with some website and people simply check the box without reading.

Yes you are right but when you check the T&C box online it is usually not about hundreds or potentially thousands of dollars, euros etc.
hikky22

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:44:34 PM

So it would be very cool to get documents when we buy tokens, because we buy assets of certain projects, but we do not provide any documentation.
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:44:52 PM

Cool! Thanks for your patronage. It can be useful for users but it could be more for new projects. If I may suggest you, consider writing your experience in the service section of this forum. Some projects may need an advisor for legal matters. Greetings!
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Honestly, I never read license agreements. And in general I doubt that there is someone who does, except lawyers. Everyone is accustomed to rely on the prudence and conscience of the provider of services. I know that because of such gullibility and inattention, various problems often arise. But in most cases, laziness takes its toll and people just click on the tick, while they have no idea what they just signed.
InahC

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:53:30 PM

Most of the people don't read this kind of thing, after they understand the white paper and what the company does, proceed without reading the Agreement, because most of the people are really tired of reading a long writing of this kind of thing.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:02:59 PM

Cool! Thanks for your patronage. It can be useful for users but it could be more for new projects. If I may suggest you, consider writing your experience in the service section of this forum. Some projects may need an advisor for legal matters. Greetings!

Believe me they do have lawyers, but not to make things better for tokenholders. Their lawyers care about their client's interests eg the ICO founders... so no liability, no need to provide anything and other contractual arrangements like that.
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:14:47 PM

This is very interesting. I'll keep you in mind when choosing the next investment project

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:19:15 PM

This is very interesting. I'll keep you in mind when choosing the next investment project

No problem! Let me know!
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:31:23 PM

Like the colleagues said here; I also think that the most of the investors ain't looking at the agreement which is actually very well written in some cases. Investors are in most cases just seeing the possible profit which is causing the actual agreements forgotten.

Many of the investors still have a lot to learn in the knowledge field but they choose to follow the big investors which have big reputation ad their investment is more important to the common investor then the legal agreement is.

People should be more educated in that field and I am very glad that you have started this topic. Maybe your thread will open the eyes of some investors and make them think rationally before investment.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:56:55 AM

Like the colleagues said here; I also think that the most of the investors ain't looking at the agreement which is actually very well written in some cases. Investors are in most cases just seeing the possible profit which is causing the actual agreements forgotten.

Many of the investors still have a lot to learn in the knowledge field but they choose to follow the big investors which have big reputation ad their investment is more important to the common investor then the legal agreement is.

People should be more educated in that field and I am very glad that you have started this topic. Maybe your thread will open the eyes of some investors and make them think rationally before investment.

What do you mean that people follow big investors? How do they follow them? We can only estimate how much was invested in pre-ICO and that number may not be even true. So in terms of following big investors this is very hard.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:57:16 AM

Do you for instance keep the agreement when you purchase tokens?

Sometimes they disappear from the website when they finish the ICO.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:02:17 PM

If you need short advice about all things legal about ICOs, let me know.
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:14:10 PM

An interesting subject never i stopped to think, i believe this topic can help with basic security issues and be a lawyer is a skill that will be considered when the crypto is more comprehensive.
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:29:01 PM

I have never read t this agreement, i must have sold my soul to the devil hundreds of time, i will read this agreement later maybe Smiley
traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:30:31 PM

Never read it to be honest...too much info everywhere, I somehow just trust they wont cheat me Sad I know this is probably not the best approach...
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:34:45 PM

Never read it to be honest...too much info everywhere, I somehow just trust they wont cheat me Sad I know this is probably not the best approach...

Well they usually try to overwhelm you with information, so that you dont have time or will to read the rest. But if you invets more than 500$ worth of crypto I would definitely advise to do that!
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:47:41 PM

Do you find it too long or too complicated to read?

I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:11:45 AM

Of course - this is first step what I do it.

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: