Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:49:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road Hollywood Movie  (Read 5995 times)
simonk83 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:57:44 PM

Cross posting from the news section.  Figured it's worth a thread in here as well Smiley

20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have set best-selling author Dennis Lehane to script Silk Road, a fact-based tale taken from an article that Joshua Davis is writing for the Epic website, which is devoted to film-friendly longform journalism. It’s the true story of a young kid who was arrested for putting out a hit on the clients of the Silk Road, the illegal online bazaar he created where one could buy illegal goods including drugs or services like contract killings. Lehane wrote Shutter Island, Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone and Live By Night, which is Ben Affleck’s next directing effort at Warner Bros. Lehane also scripted Animal Rescue, the Chernin-produced Michael R. Roskam-directed drama for Fox Searchlight that stars Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace and James Gandolfini.

Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping will produce along with Davis and Joshuah Bearman. Davis and Bearman are journalists who partnered in Epic, the company that formed a first-look Fox deal to produce films based on magazine articles hatched by them and other journalists. Bearman wrote the article that served as the jumping off point for Best Picture Oscar winner Argo.

There was a stampede for the movie rights to this story, and Chernin’s Kerry Foster was integral in making this happen. Amy Schiffman from Intellectual Property Group and attorney Jason Hendler of Hanson Jacobson brokered the deal for Lehane. This is an exciting form of movie making because the story is still developing, as are some of the other movie projects set up by those journos. It also gives Fox a high-profile project after making that deal to try and do things outside the box, and getting A-level talent to develop it. Bearman is repped by UTA, David by Resolution and both are managed by Circle Of Confusion’s Rick Jacobs.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/fox-sets-dennis-lehane-to-adapt-silk-road/#more-613293

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:02:32 AM

i hope they get the story straight and show how the FBI framed him for those hits that never happened.
alfredo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:05:44 AM

nice Cool
waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:08:28 AM

nice Cool

its could be full action movie and some very good stuff to watch  Cheesy

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:54:38 AM

i hope they get the story straight and show how the FBI framed him for those hits that never happened.

Good luck there.  The official narrative will be what "everybody" remembers.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
moni3z

Activity: 899

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:58:24 AM

Will be a boring story. A guy who never spends any coins who sits in front of a laptop at the library making stupid decisions all day like using CIs and LE to order hits.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:04:44 AM

It’s the true story of a young kid who was arrested for putting out a hit on the clients of the Silk Road, the illegal online bazaar he created where one could buy illegal goods including drugs or services like contract killings.

Yea... couldn't buy contract killings on SR, though I'm sure it'll be portrayed that way.
cactus-pits

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:02:03 AM

no fucking shit man...^^^^

That was fast...how long did it take for the FB movie to get made??

and...just another audience to witness the beauty of the BTC....:-)
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:56:09 AM

It won't get the story "straight" no matter what.  Not because of any government conspiracy or whatever, but rather just because real life is reaaaaaaaaaaaally boring compared to movies.  I'm sorry kids, but that's just the way it is.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:50:34 AM

Hollywood isn't about getting the story right its about entertainment.

Sad, but true.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:52:45 AM

But attention for Bitcoin in a Hollywood movie Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:55:35 AM

Sad, but true.

It'll be entertaining only if they come to BitcoinTalk for inspiration. Besides myself, Bruce, Matthew, Atlas, Dank, Finn, to name a few, come to mind. And that's before you hit any mining concerns.
LoudPacKK

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:57:38 AM

Sweet
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:58:57 AM

Sad, but true.

It'll be entertaining only if they come to BitcoinTalk for inspiration. Besides myself, Bruce, Matthew, Atlas, Dank, Finn, to name a few, come to mind. And that's before you hit any mining concerns.

Well you obviously forgot Astana and sakaru Cheesy

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:54:43 AM

I'd download the torrent...   Wink

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:55:31 AM

Sad, but true.

Well you obviously forgot Astana and sakaru Cheesy

Cheers

...and Pinkie Pie and Rassah.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:08:56 AM

Is this for real? I remember seeing jokes about this. I can't imagine this would make for the most interesting move, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure it will create a somewhat distorted picture.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 10:03:32 AM

"services like contract killingsRoll Eyes

Had the potential to be a decent film but I'm pretty sure this will be an FBI funded propaganda piece like Reefer Madness:

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:50:41 AM

a movie about a guy that goes to a cybercafe, logs in checks his private messages and bug reports for a website... well thats 40 minutes of a movie wasted.

the movie then shows him in a chatroom typing away having an arguement and he flips open his tor browser to hire a hitman. thats the 10 minute build up to the action part of the movie.

and the last 40 minutes of a 90 minute movie is him sitting at home and the cops knocking at his door, getting arrested,,,

... definetly not a die hard action movie.. and less of a storyline then that facebook movie...

id think they may make a documentary channel  episode about it one day, but not worthy of going to the cinema for

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:34:44 PM

I don't think anybody is going to watch a movie about some computer nerd who sets up a website, then gets arrested.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: