Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC  (Read 1094 times)
rammanbl4

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

I can say bitcoin very reliable very stable do not think ethereum will suffer in the same way with these coins. you will not regret it if you invest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:40:11 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.

Bitcoin is a leader i know that, buying altcoin with bitcoin like you said also very good because bitcoin is the most trusted coin nowdays in cryptocurremcy.
But it does not mean bitcoin is the only trusted one since many other that also has small fee and faster like etherium. So i prefer etherium

Anything you use to buy alternative coins, you should better research first with the coin you gonna buy,
Yes! dont make any decision because of the hype and FUD over the social media.
Investing in any alternative coins now is good, but you need to consider the going up trend of ETH and BTC in the market.
popotao93

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

I doubt very much in your words that ETH will continue to fall. I do not think it is necessary to transfer all of my savings to the BTC. You can buy it, but you definitely need to hold ETH it in the portfolio.
INAQAMAQQU

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 12:09:39 PM

I prefer Bitcoin because bitcoin is the mother of altcoin and also Bitcoin is the biggest market cap among cryptocurrency.
a1a23xzch1112

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:35:49 AM

Yes, Ethereum is a very interesting coin for investment, despite some manipulation, coins are growing so I choose it
asdn192zhhhh

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:38:06 AM

I prefer ETH
Frank Castle

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:42:22 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I think you should buy ETH only, eth price is now down a lot and that is your chance to buy it. If smart play ETH trading also results can exceed the results of BTC.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:06:41 PM

Any suggestions?

Actually, it does not matter. Naturally, most of the ICOs today prefer taking Ethereum but many of them deal with Bitcoin as well. it is certainly up to you, which of the cryptocurrencies you'd want to use.
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:13:05 PM

Any suggestions?

maybe you can buy altcoin with your money because now that I see the price of altcoin in the recovery period and that way you can invest your altcoin in a promising project and can survive for the future because now you will be confused with the price of ETH and BTC are kept up and down
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

Usually both trading pairs have decent volume on exchanges. If you use a decentralized exchange you have to use Ethereum. But if you use Binance, Kucoin or something like that you can trade with Bitcoin. There is no big difference.
Don't forget to check coin prices and compare between both pairs though.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:26:57 AM

Any suggestions?

It is a good time to buy altcoin with Bitcoin  and Ethereum last March because the market is in red state. But you have to keep Bitcoin and and Ethereum for long term hold. Don't make a mistake that you buy it with all altcoins because if Ethereum and Bitcoin pumps up you will regret it.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:36:35 AM

Any suggestions?

It is a good time to buy altcoin with Bitcoin  and Ethereum last March because the market is in red state. But you have to keep Bitcoin and and Ethereum for long term hold. Don't make a mistake that you buy it with all altcoins because if Ethereum and Bitcoin pumps up you will regret it.

At this point i still consider ether to be an alt since there's few places where you can directly buy eth compared to btc. I keep quite a lot of both for my general portfolio but i buy alts to hold using btc. Obviously because i earn more btc than eth.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Brivwe

Activity: 182
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:21:17 AM

Any suggestions?

buying altcoin is up to you if I think it's better you buy altcoin with your money because Ethereum is now experiencing an increase and you better sell it and you will benefit but in bitcoin it's better to invest but if you sell your ETH and buy with profit it you can too
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

I prefer to buy altcoins with ethereum because the fees for buying with ethereum seem to be cheaper than when you are buying coins with bitcoins. And I'm glad that now a lot more coins are offering trading pairs with ethereum. It is also good to hold onto some of your ethereum and use bitcoin for some purchases but mostly I like to use ethereum instead of bitcoin

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
emmanmalaman

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:49:44 AM

I prefer buying alts with the use of Ethereum because the gas fees are way way lower compared to the transaction fees of Bitcoin. Still, I think Bitcoin's transaction is now faster and cheaper all thanks to the Lightning Network. I'm using Coins to send to exchanges and ICOs. I now prefer sending Ethereum instead of Bitcoin but depending on the exchange, sometimes I still use Bitcoin as a base when the exchange that has the alt I'm buying only accepts Bitcoin.
kenborbs

Activity: 154

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 12:43:58 PM

Any suggestions?

In the world of crypto, Bitcoin and Etherium is the best you can invest on it, you may sell your other coin in order to invest in Bitcoin or Etherium. I think its a good idea, because no doubt that those coins have the highest market cap in the market which is security will never be a problem.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
kristinkamal01

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:46:28 PM

I am a fan of it, I really like EYH, but in my portfolio there is also a BTC which is for a long period and various other tokens, so do not get stuck on the same coin, buy different
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:59:26 PM

I would invest in equal shares in everything since diversification will only benefit the capital and the risks they present are present!
mc.craigsvictor

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:06:06 PM

Definitely btc becuase now btc price is up so when price recover it as a early investor you can get easily quick profit , right now price is reasonable for invest.
yahata145

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:12:29 AM

You can buy bitcoins now, at the prevailing market prices and you will have good deal, they are cheaply available due to the red zone but this wont last long.buying altcoins is a gamble for now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: