Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:20:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase feedback thread  (Read 5618 times)
accord01 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:43:38 AM

The coinbase website looks pretty legitimate.  The team has a great resume.  I'm just wondering if people here have mostly successful transactions with them and how many problematic transactions with them.  I know there have been several cases where transactions have been canceled and tagged as "high risk transactions" by the system, and had to be corrected manually.  Now obviously this is a small % of cases.

My feedback so far-- Site display is easy to read and pleasing to the eye.  Bugs- the verify credit card.  It does not work, shows error messages, etc.  Verifying a credit card is good, because it allows instant buy (10/month)

The bank deposits are still pending for me, so i will get back to its timeliness.

Please give your feedback in this thread, because if coinbase becomes error free, this will be huge for USA people. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:37:04 AM

Ive had a few issues with them but they have taken care of me in the long run. I am a fully verified customer of theres. So far ive been pretty happy with them.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 10:52:36 AM

Been using them for 6+ months. I was fully verified until they changed policy a few weeks back.

Overall I really like what they are doing and will continue to be a loyal customer for the foreseeable future.

FYI,
They only take visa credit cards for verification.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:54:14 AM

Been using them for 6+ months. I was fully verified until they changed policy a few weeks back.

Overall I really like what they are doing and will continue to be a loyal customer for the foreseeable future.

FYI,

Gotta agree with this fella. Coinbase certainly reliable. I too was enjoying the level 2 verified status until they started requiring users to setup visa credit card as a backup.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:48:15 PM

FYI,

Gotta agree with this fella. Coinbase certainly reliable. I too was enjoying the level 2 verified status until they started requiring users to setup visa credit card as a backup.

+1

Only problem I had with them was resolved through a single support ticket.  Otherwise they were very understanding when we accidentally funded from the wrong account (two accounts on file) and had to refund them for a significant purchase once everything cleared.  Great company, only people we trust for moving fiat.
accord01 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:09:57 AM

Bank transfers seem to be working smoothly.  Their support is lacking, but that should get better with time.  I'm wondering how does credit card verification work.  They say they will make a small charge to verify on the credit card.  Did anyone get that small charge?
posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:00:57 AM

Overly long drawn out validation process, cancellation of 7 day purchase orders (twice!).  Nothing but frustration so far trying to use them.   At this point why even risk using a company based in the US.   

demonmaestro

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:36:19 AM

If you are not a level 2 it does take some time. Please give them alittle time.  Smiley

Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
accord01 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:56:03 AM

Overly long drawn out validation process, cancellation of 7 day purchase orders (twice!).  Nothing but frustration so far trying to use them.   At this point why even risk using a company based in the US.   

Let's give them a chance.  All canceled orders have been resolved in the past based on what i've read.   They have a lot of investors and a good team.  And i'm pretty sure they are compliant with US laws. 
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:14:07 AM

3 cancellations so far. I plan to keep trying to buy one bitcoin every couple weeks just to see if they ever fix their software.
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:21:30 PM

I have had good luck with them and was also fully verified until visa card backup was required. Your transfers will take a few days but they have always worked for me.

Best Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 06:02:28 PM

Update:
You can use a visa debit card to validate yourself to level 3 and obtain instant purchases again.

FYI,

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:06:53 AM

Update:
You can use a visa debit card to validate yourself to level 3 and obtain instant purchases again.

FYI,

I just tried to do this with my Fred Meyer pre-paid visa debit card but too no avail :/

I'm going to go ahead and open up a support ticket because this waiting for 3-5 days for your BTC is for the birds.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
demonmaestro

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:17:48 AM

Update:

FYI,

I just tried to do this with my Fred Meyer pre-paid visa debit card but too no avail :/

I'm going to go ahead and open up a support ticket because this waiting for 3-5 days for your BTC is for the birds.

thats becuase its a pre-paid..

Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:00:24 PM

I have only used coinbase to sell but I have used them several times. I was also fully verified before the credit card thing showed up. As I lack a visa card I am now not as fully verified. It's ok with me. The limits aren't limiting me yet.

I have always gotten my money. I have never had money withdrawn from that account.

I can't speak to the buying side but I can say that selling through them works great. Money in my account in a few days.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
accord01 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:03:38 PM

I just got an email saying that an order was canceled, that it was high risk transaction.  Hopefully the fix this, because they already took the $ from my bank several days ago.
Maralinga

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:02:25 AM

I've done about 10 transactions totaling about 250 BTC over the last couple of weeks.  No problems at all. 
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:08:21 PM

Do you have to now link your card too to be instant? My bank info is already in there, and now my credit card info! seems scary.
accord01 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:38:18 PM

got my last 3 transactions canceled and getting a stupid email saying it is high risk and "better luck next time".

Also, tried sending 11 btc's and .95... the .95 went through within an hour... the 11 has taken over 4 hours, nothing yet, even though in the pending area, it says this transaction will go through in 1 hour.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 02:08:25 AM

Multiple transactions with them, no issues, though most of my transactions (aside from one or two small tests) were selling BTC.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: