Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The "What Black Arrow does not want you to know" thread  (Read 18095 times)
Betaman2k

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

no Sir. Nothing to see Sir. Keeping calm carrying

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:36:08 AM

Hi

short question is Black Arrow scam yes or no ? ( any proofs ? )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:24:26 AM

no, they delivered fpgas month ago

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
VinCeCream

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:10:05 AM

They're resellers, I bought stuff from him but I think their mining gear is not that real ...

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

And I have a warehouse full of their bitfury 16 chip boards.
xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:23:15 AM

pics =
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

pics =

Go look all over the GB forum, their FS thread, and their website. Plenty of proof. Has their name on it.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:52:22 AM

I have a stack of their Lancelot clones mining beside me on my desk.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:53:45 AM

pics =

Go look all over the GB forum, their FS thread, and their website. Plenty of proof. Has their name on it.

I am in one of the DZ Black Arrow group buys and it is real and hashing now.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:31:39 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 03:21:09 PM by Gator-hex

Haven't you ever hired someone to do images or a website only to find later that they ripped off the images / the site ?

-MarkM-

I'm sure that's what happened. Also has anyone heard of pirateat40 lately? I think he might have forgotten to pay out dividends for a while. I sure hope he's okay.

He's a little tied up right now..  Tongue

"Washington D.C., July 23, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged a Texas man and his company with defrauding investors in a Ponzi scheme involving Bitcoin"

http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1370539730583#.Un-nYiejN3U

I am not seeing this render anywhere on their site...
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-1.html
It was there. Probably they've taken the image down for obvious reasons.

I can confirm that I saw that image on their site too.
The minion chip image is fake too you can see the Photoshop feathering on the right edge over the circuit board print.

The fact they won't take Credit Card, Paypal, or Escrow doesn't fill me with confidence either.

It was a different web site address back then, if I recall correctly, are these the same people? And they really only resold other peoples stuff, rather than making their own ASIC chip, which is going to be much harder.

They list their address as:
 801, Building 2, Huangduguangchang, Yitian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, P. R. China, Postcode: 518048
but the domain registra lists the owner as:
 Yi Tian Black Arrow LTD 90 jaffe road wanchai hong kong

When I look the last address up it's says Henan Building and they seem to rent office space.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:44:20 PM

Haven't you ever hired someone to do images or a website only to find later that they ripped off the images / the site ?

-MarkM-

I'm sure that's what happened. Also has anyone heard of pirateat40 lately? I think he might have forgotten to pay out dividends for a while. I sure hope he's okay.

"Washington D.C., July 23, 2013 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged a Texas man and his company with defrauding investors in a Ponzi scheme involving Bitcoin"

http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1370539730583#.Un-nYiejN3U

The minion chip image is fake too you can see the Photoshop feathering on the right edge over the circuit board print.

The fact they won't take Credit Card, Paypal, or Escrow doesn't fill me with confidence either.

It was a different web site address back then, if I recall correctly, are these the same people? And they really only resold other peoples stuff, rather than making their own ASIC chip, which is going to be much harder.

801, Building 2, Huangduguangchang, Yitian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, P. R. China, Postcode: 518048

When I look the last address up it's says Henan Building and they seem to rent office space.

Um what part of their ASIC is a preorder and not actually done yet did you have trouble understanding.
They did take CC and Paypal... but both them and I have been dropped by both. BFL really ruined things for us. Their 'shop is no different than CT or HF or even KnC before they delivered.

Yes, they have offices in China, HK and the UK. They are the same people.
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:40:31 PM

Yeah... weird thread.  I mean, we've got like 3Thz hashing over in the DZ group buy with pics and everything, so... there's that.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:42:16 AM

-MarkM-

Um what part of their ASIC is a preorder and not actually done yet did you have trouble understanding.
They did take CC and Paypal... but both them and I have been dropped by both. BFL really ruined things for us. Their 'shop is no different than CT or HF or even KnC before they delivered.

Yes, they have offices in China, HK and the UK. They are the same people.

If you think the Black Arrow one was bad... how about BFL Monarch render and recently them lifting a picture from Rice University for their hosting?! http://www.pgal.com/portfolio/rice-university-data-center-2/  vs.  http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/slanding.php

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:27:41 PM

If you think the Black Arrow one was bad... how about BFL Monarch render and recently them lifting a picture from Rice University for their hosting?! http://www.pgal.com/portfolio/rice-university-data-center-2/  vs.  http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/slanding.php

LOL awesome   Grin
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:54:15 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 09:53:00 PM by Gator-hex

If you think the Black Arrow one was bad... how about BFL Monarch render and recently them lifting a picture from Rice University for their hosting?! http://www.pgal.com/portfolio/rice-university-data-center-2/  vs.  http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/slanding.php

LOL awesome   Grin

Yeah similar to BFL and it took them a year to get the bugs worked out of their own custom ASIC!
Ask those who pre-ordered Jalapeños how that worked out for them.  Roll Eyes

That also reminds me of the bASIC pre-orders, whatever happened to BTCFPGA.com? Wink

Both these two made their own FPGAs and failed at ASICs.

PayPal is not yet working properly. We wrote them and waiting for reply.

Despite what they say about not being able to accept PayPal/Credit Cards for Bitcoin orders both KnCminer.com and technobit.eu manage to do it, probably because they can deliver within the 45 days refund window and not funding product development with customer money.

If you're new around here just be aware putting money into pre-orders can be damaging to your wealth!  Cheesy

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:30:04 AM

No one can really be equated to BFL other than Avalon I think at this point.

BFL are the 'REFUND DENIERS'.

-----------

Black Arrow? Well they do have a number of projects completed and shipped.
Do they have paypal and CC? Nope and that is a concern and if you have been burned by BFL and AVALON no sense getting burned potentially a 3rd time.

Does Black Arrow offer escrow in BTC? Maybe that is one angle you can work on and approach them with. I am not sure that they are trying to make CC and PayPal a reality or not or if their situation is such that would be easier or harder than say KnC had with their ability to provide CC and Paypal. However looking at what BFL did there are 0 guarantees even with CC and Paypal seeing as how BFL fights every refund request.

From what I can tell they have the engineers they can build an ASIC and whether or not they reach the finish line is a bet you have to take based on what you can learn from the specs they will post or have posted on the chips.

Any engineer worth their salt will be able to tell you if what they have designed is doable or where they might have huge issues. That could be a really good indicator for many on whether or not I would invest.

Again with any of this don't put in more than you are willing to lose.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:00:26 PM

Does Black Arrow offer escrow in BTC?

Nope, they already said they consider escrow a sale, not an investment.
They need to raise $millions probably to go into production, all payments are one way only.

Any engineer worth their salt will be able to tell you if what they have designed is doable or where they might have huge issues.

No public tape-out so no engineer can tell you if it's a viable project.

Again with any of this don't put in more than you are willing to lose.

Yep, newbies should not confuse what's offered as an item for sale, at this point it is purely a speculative investment.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:32:09 AM

Because it was a render? No where did they state that was the final product. Says that right on the order form.

Reads to me like Matt Carson was in bed with Alex Sovu/Alex Berk from the get-go.

Matt, do you care to be the first one to tell fellow bitcoiners how you walked away from your lease in Rolla, MO, that was hosting bitcoin miners for others, or should I? Don't forget to include the part where you strung the poor sap (owner of the building) along after only paying the first month's lease payment.

While you're at it, state why you did the same thing to the poor sap who leased you 2057 Vienna Rd, Rolla, MO, after living there for only a couple months.

Matt, feel free to negate any of the above, but make sure you first move your datacenter again there in Denver, for I just about have that location nailed down, otherwise investomers will know of your location when they start demanding refunds in droves. Not that that's a bad thing, with the exception that their money is already up in smoke (PUN INTENDED!).

In case you missed it, Matt: Game On! And you're behind.

~Bruno Kucinskas
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:19:00 AM

Seriously, are you not content in spamming your stuff in THREE threads that you now have to bump a 3 month old one?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:18:31 AM

Seriously, are you not content in spamming your stuff in THREE threads that you now have to bump a 3 month old one?

Dude, I'm not spamming. I'm spreading gospel. Big difference, aint' that right, Reverend Jim?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:26:46 AM

I suggest opening a window so that you'll be able to see better, Number One Fanboi.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: