Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why is the wallet file causing the bitcoin client issues  (Read 955 times)
sequence (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:57:45 AM

It seems the only time I am able to update the block chain in the Bitcoin client is when exit the client then  I remove(and backup) my wallet from the hidden Appdata file and  then restart the client and have it generate a brand new one. Is anyone else having this problem?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EarlyAdopter

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 01:44:25 PM

Perhaps there is a setting in the preferences that is changing when it creates a new wallet. Look at them in both scenarios to see the difference.
sequence (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:54:37 PM

Early adopter thanks for that I will try it. This issue has been the story of my life since I discovered b Bitcoin. I can mine.. i can buy and sell bitcoins but I sure cannot figure this one out! I can't be the only one?
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 07:45:20 PM

Are you running the current version of Bitcoin? If not, do so.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
sequence (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 11:32:07 PM

I'm running the current version. I forwarded my router to 8333 and running the client on two different machines with different wallet and still the same issue . It works great when I let it generate a brand spanking new wallet only!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: