Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:58:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My ICO was successful, how can I withdraw ICO fund into fiat currency?  (Read 375 times)
Mr Kiwi (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:59:11 PM

If my ICO hits the hard cap.

How can I withdraw the ICO funds into fiat currency? through the bank? how is this possible?
coinuser101

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:09:58 PM

From my understanding you have two options:

1) Try to find a traditional bank that will accept cryptocurrency
2) Use an exchange

Neither of these seem like great options to me, would be keen to hear from someone who has experience on the topic!
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:22:21 PM

You have to wait till the coin of your ICO to hit the exchanges and trade your ICO coin to BTC. After that use an exchange (eg. coinbase) to sell BTC for fiat.

Alternatively, you can post in marketplace to exchange your ICO coin for fiat with another member here. Remember to use escrow for such trades.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:23:27 PM

you cant exchange it into fiat straight you must first receive your coin then send it to a exchange that accepts the coin and exchange it to fiat if not exchange it first to bitcoin then fiat. you cant withdraw your ico funds through bank its not possible unless someone wants to buy your coin for fiat.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:27:17 PM

Wait of the TGE or the toke generation event if the ICO was successful surely the developers will set a specific date do that you can claim your tokens,make sure your wallet supported the token type for example myetherwallet for the erc20 based tokens,go to the website of the ICO or check the telegram group if you are unsure when will the tokens be generated.

search for a bank which supported btc to usd or your prefered fiat.

Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:27:36 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 05:16:01 PM by Mr Kiwi

You have to wait till the coin of your ICO to hit the exchanges and trade your ICO coin to BTC. After that use an exchange (eg. coinbase) to sell BTC for fiat.

Alternatively, you can post in marketplace to exchange your ICO coin for fiat with another member here. Remember to use escrow for such trades.
Thank you for your response, but I think you're missing my point..

If MY ICO was successful and I have $40 million worth of Ether, how can I withdraw this to fiat currency?
Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:30:44 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 05:15:41 PM by Mr Kiwi

you cant exchange it into fiat straight you must first receive your coin then send it to a exchange that accepts the coin and exchange it to fiat if not exchange it first to bitcoin then fiat. you cant withdraw your ico funds through bank its not possible unless someone wants to buy your coin for fiat.

I understand how this works when I invest in many ICO's, but what about my ICO.

If i receive $40 million worth of Ether, how can I get this into fiat currency?
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:34:43 PM

Thank you for your response, but I think you're missing my point..

If MY ICO was successful and I have $40 million how can I withdraw this to fiat currency?
You need to go to an exchange where you can trade your ICO token/coin with Bitcoin or Ethereum. Exchange them with Bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum. Then go to Coinbase or other place exchanging them with real money. And then send them to your bank account.
The process is complicate...
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:42:13 PM

Make sure your ICO token added any exchanger and also sure about withdraw procedure.
If there has any restriction for withdraw, then you can not withdraw your token.
It is the best solution, try to contact with the admin of that project. He will helps you.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:44:57 PM

First of all I would like to ask your curiosity which ICO program did you participate in and did hardcap? If you come to the answer part of your problem, the ICO's official website you are using tells you when the stock exchanges will be located. From there, you can check and convert the tokens / coins in your hand into cash by finding trades that are traded.
Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:45:56 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 05:15:17 PM by Mr Kiwi

I don't think this is the correct process.

If I am the founder/CEO of the ICO
and
I want to bring 40 MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF ETHER back into fiat currency, I would need a very safe and secure means for this large transfer
Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:47:57 PM

First of all I would like to ask your curiosity which ICO program did you participate in and did hardcap? If you come to the answer part of your problem, the ICO's official website you are using tells you when the stock exchanges will be located. From there, you can check and convert the tokens / coins in your hand into cash by finding trades that are traded.

No.

IF, I was the CEO/founder.... I did not participate in an ICO

How can I withdraw the ENTIRE ICO fund my ICO received?
cryptopuma

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:51:30 PM

As far as i know coinbase supports direct exchange to usd/btc that is why it is easier for the u.s citizens to liquidate their cryptocurrency assets,but i dont know how would you sell your coins for the fiat directly if you are outside the U.S,maybe you should find someone that is willing to pay in fiat for your cryptocurrencies so that it will be much easier.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:56:25 PM

I think you should contact directly Coinbase or other exchanges accepting real fiat if you have a very big amount of money to exchange. They may have the answer.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

How can I withdraw the ICO funds into fiat currency? through the bank? how is this possible?

It will hard cap until it reaches the expected value buddy. It need to reach the softcap that is actual successful for the ICO token sale period. If you want to get the tokens to fiat currency. First you need to have the token sale to the ERC20 token wallet like MEW.

Then you should have the ethereum on the concern wallet to transfer the tokens to exchange. If you want transfer to the exchange first you have search where these tokens has been listed on the exchange with the help of coinmarketcap.

If you have to doubt that token may dump in future. Try to sell the tokens when the time it launched to the market.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:02:31 PM

Find local exchanges that supports btc/fiat currency of your choice,because im sure these small local exchanges are more willing to buy bitcoins,major exchanges doesnt have directly pairing like what coinbase has,but sim sure these small vendors will give you much better exchange rates always ask them if they can paid you fiat directly.

Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:06:27 PM

I think you should contact directly Coinbase or other exchanges accepting real fiat if you have a very big amount of money to exchange. They may have the answer.

This the best suggestion so far.

I'm sure there is a very easy way to withdraw your FULL ICO fund. Maybe like you suggested, Coinbase provide a service for much larger amounts
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:07:23 PM

as far as i know rare to see any banks allowed their costumers to use cryptocurrency directly to them but it depend on from where you're live that if there is bank allowed crypto users in your country then you can withdraw your ICO fund directly to your banks account but if there is no banks which have those features then you have to convert your fund first use your local exchange
Jombitt

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:08:52 PM

Your ICO? you mean you are the owner of the ICO or just a bounty hunter? You can withdraw your ICO funds into fiat currency once it is listed in an exchange. Its either will be paired to ethereum or bitcoin in an exchange. In localbitcoins.com there are so many bitcoin buyers near your place and you can get it directly into fiat via bank.

Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:14:19 PM

Yes, imagine it was my ICO and I had just raised $40 million worth of Ether.

What is the best way to transfer the entire $40 million worth of ether in fiat currency?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: