The Satoshi - 2 (1.6%)
The FOMO - 0 (0%)
The HODLER - 94 (72.9%)
The Day Trader - 13 (10.1%)
The Freebie - 8 (6.2%)
Total Voters: 129

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of investor are you?  (Read 21952 times)
chocopapaya (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:42:06 PM

So what kind of an investor are you?

The Noob: Just started out.  Heard about crypto from a family member, colleague or friend.  Had to get help getting an account on an exchange (probably started out with coinbase) and how to set up a wallet.  Was really scared so put in a couple hundred dollars.  Desperately reading articles and watching youtube videos to wrap you head around it all.

The Satoshi: Been in crypto for years. You are probably mining and running a masternode.  Have a hero or legendary account in bitcointalk (real, not bought).   You think Ripple is the evil Dark Lord of the Sith. And I'm guessing...you have a btc shirt that you are wearing right now?

The FOMO: Jumped in after you saw a news report talking about the crazy rise of crypto.  Started investing based off of youtube pumpers or shillers.  Joined a pump and dump group.  Loves ICOs.  Constantly looking for coins that are under a dollar.  Has severe panic attacks when coinmarketcap is in the red.

The HODLER: You have 50% of your portfolio in either btc or eth.  Your other assets include a privacy coin, a "3rd generation blockchain coin" (iota, nano, etc.), a new smart contract coin, an exchange coin (bnb, kucoin, coss, etc.) and...am I missing any other ones? You hop on the roflcopter when people come to bitcointalk and scream, "OH NOEESSSS! The market is down!)

The Day Trader: Every free moment you are checking exchanges and cmc. You barely research the coin you are trading, you only care about the short term trading history.  Binance is your go to exchange.  You make several trades throughout the day.  You are a constant ball of raging stress.

The Freebie: You have 5 bitcointalk accounts running signature campaigns.  You have a twitter bot.  You constantly input the word "airdrop" into search engines.  You joined crowdholding.  You have so many random coins you lost track of them all.

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:48:14 PM

I used the '' The freebie '' option because I always prefer to change my investment style. As long term, I prefer to buy hodl by buying at certain prices and it seems to be the most suitable option for short term period. For this reason, while I am in constant trade for my short-term investments, I do not actively act for long-term investments.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:57:21 PM

I have a confession to make: I started out as the FOMO.
Those were crazy times lol.  I used to have so much anxiety that I was "too late to the game" and made some pretty bad decisions.
I never did a pump and dump group, but I did have a period of time where I was buying up "cheap" coins lol.

Now, I have migrated into day trading.
I tried it out last fall just to see what it was like.
I managed to make a large profit in a short amount of time and was like WOOT!
Then there was that period where everyone was buying up btc because of the forks and alts were bleeding and I lost money.

When the december bull run hit, I tried it again and made huge returns everyday.
So I've combined what I learned from both experiences and manage to pull in gains around $100 to $150 usd a day now.
Needless to say, I am quite proud of myself haha.

Kurva

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:59:18 PM

38 years old Plumber from Europe here ,)

Noob and a long time holder..,,
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:06:42 PM

I voted "the hodler" because i have 50% of my portfolio in bitcoin. The other half I'm investing in my favorite altcoin. and you know it! It is with reluctance that  I became a "holder". I'm waiting for the moment the market recovers and sell them. it 's best to keep bitcoin

Make me great again
xireKT

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:10:36 PM

The broke and HODLer kind. Broke because I ended up converting all my fiat into cryptocurrencies and now I'm down by a lot due to the drop since early Jan. HODLer because I'm so down the shit hole that I can't bother selling now.

Perhaps in the near future I won't regret having converted all my fiat into cryptocurrencies Smiley
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:20:53 PM

HODLER is my trading style and i would like to say that till now my positions were managed by me according to the trend in action and swing trades were taken according to the trend, but from past few days due to the correction i am unable to manage the trades to the good extent and that's why in between i have also played the Day Trader role much time when the Corrections was in play. By this, I have undergone both Holder and day trader role for many times.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:24:26 PM

~snip~
I have chosen day trader in the poll which I do make active trades on daily basis and at the same time I'm a holder too on some coins specially on bitcoin and etherium.I cant consider myself to be a pro when it comes to cryptocurrency even I'm already a Hero member, I do still need lots of things to learn on when it comes to technical aspect on most cryptocurrency.
DimOrloff

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:40:31 PM

I'm a noob. Couple month ago I got interest to everything what is connected with crypto. I try to improve my skills in crypto but it's too difficult for my brain to grasp an information about it. This forum help me in it very much!   Cool
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:45:51 PM

day trader, I usually make around 10 trades per day.  The key is patience and wait for the dips.
roshanfious

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:53:10 PM

So sad that i'm the FOMO role in this one and i'm learning to not be that role anymore. It's really sad when you're buying at the really high price and sell it at bottom, the best way to suicide.... Even i did follow the advises of many success traders.
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:06:43 PM

I'm a HODLER. Compare to others, I don't do panic selling but I like panic buying. I understand the market cycles so this down trend is just a common scenario for me. Just chillin' while looking at my portfolio.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:08:44 PM

I hold as long as I can))sometimes I buy coins and hold again,but last fall show me that some time I have to fix and wait lower price

dobol

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:13:34 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2022, 10:44:50 PM by dobol

I'm a HODLER. Compare to others, I don't do panic selling but I like panic buying. I understand the market cycles so this down trend is just a common scenario for me. Just chillin' while looking at my portfolio.
Same here, it seems I'm also a HOLDER, even though the market is now apprehensive, I still believe that this is just a cycle where it is currently the time is worsening market - check on rainsoft.io

Will.Smith

Activity: 415
Merit: 103

"Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:14:37 PM

I more hodler than trader because most of my time I'm spending on different activities and not so much time left for trading. Anyway I like to read the news at different sources to evaluate it and sometimes trade based on the information from these news.

Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:29:38 PM

I voted "the hodler" because i have 50% of my portfolio in bitcoin. The other half I'm investing in my favorite altcoin. and you know it! It is with reluctance that  I became a "holder". I'm waiting for the moment the market recovers and sell them. it 's best to keep bitcoin
If you invest in Bitcoin why did not you choose Satoshi?
ronyfastlife

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:29:56 PM

I am a pure hodler.
long term hodler, day trading is much more risky. better to hodl.
HadadC

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:30:42 PM

Noob, noob noob. Always , be a noob in investing. I dont know how to be prof Cheesy Look at these comments Cheesy

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
makuny

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:43:50 PM

Noob, noob noob. Always , be a noob in investing. I dont know how to be prof Cheesy Look at these comments Cheesy

Dito  Grin
When i buy then the coin / token 1st it will fall  Roll Eyes

But i'm a hodler,  so i will win the most time.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Although I have BTC and Ethereum as the denominator for my portfolio, which classify me as Holder, but I see myself more as an investors. I hve been telling my friend that this growth is not susutainable and didn't wast time to cash out from some project when I notice that the price is not realistic
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: