Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Discussion] LND 0.4-beta  (Read 125 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:58:41 PM

This release marks the 4th major release of lnd and the first Lightning mainnet beta, an important milestone. With this release, lnd has gained a considerable feature set, deeper cross-implementation compatibility, a new specialized wallet seed, comprehensive fault-tolerance logic, a multitude of bug fixes, and much more! This release is also the first release of lnd that has an option to run on Bitcoin’s mainnet, with the necessary safety, security, and fault-tolerance features required for real-world, real money usage.
NOTE:
It is important to note that this release of lnd contains several breaking changes, in other words, any previous lnd mainnet usage is not compatible with the beta. As a result, users will either need to upgrade using a completely fresh installation, or remove their existing channel.db database file before upgrading. As a courtesy, we recommend that users close out their prior channels (cooperatively if the peer is online, or force close otherwise) before upgrading. A new utility command in the command-line interface, lncli closeallchannels has been added to streamline this process.

Read more ------> https://blog.lightning.engineering/announcement/2018/03/15/lnd-beta.html
GitHub files ------->https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd/releases/tag/v0.4-beta

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:58:03 PM

Someone has create a similar thread in the Bitcoin discussion section: thread

Well, it is a step forward but we are still far from mass adoption of Lightning Network. Many people don't even know about SegWit, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know about Lightning Network either. Does anyone know any popular services which accept Lightning Network payments? I would like to buy something useful with it.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:06:46 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 09:24:15 PM by Anti-Cen

Apart from keeping Tx fees high what has been done to prevent feedback loops being created by
opening three channels (A,B,C) and then getting C to send credit back to A ?

Low fees are needed for micro transactions and the danger is that hubs can be setup to attack the big central banks... err.. sorry
hubs without the owners (Miners really) knowing about it.

Hubs can broadcast the closing of a channel using a previous agreed signature and balance if the users wallet is off-line to steel
money as I understand it and if they do then I am sure that these types of attacks will become quite common and who can blame them.

Does anyone know any popular services which accept Lightning Network payments? I would like to buy something useful with it.

Jaxx and Exodus wallets will also need to climb on-board and even if they do then you would need a ton of options to
compete with the hub/banks since the protocol supports quite a number of switches that will effectively give the big hubs
bankers privileges over regular users.

I am yet to be convinced that fake BTC won't end up in these ledgers as seems to be the case already with Coinbase pool accounts
and I am still waiting for my Bitcoin Gold they owe me which I won't get if this is the case like I suspect and another example suggest
that USDT is also creating money from nothing because they won't guarantee that you can convert USDT back to paper fiat $$$
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKYbT9MoPE for the full story.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: