Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining tutorial course anywhere?  (Read 189 times)
FoolFully (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:44:43 PM

Looking to take mining tutorial course to learn most everything. I’m building an octominer rig and just bought 2 1050ti rigs from eBay to switch cards later.

What’s best way to learn?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:05:58 PM

Search YouTube and Google with 'how to mine XXX coin' and that should get you lots of videos and links with detailed information. Another good site to get the basics of setting up a rig is www.mining.help.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:06:04 PM

First you should decide which coin you want to mine. After that it will not be hard to find out which software you need for that coin, because not every coin could be mined with every software. When you find software, commonly with mining program comes readme file where you can find every command you need to know. Other than that, just search true this forum. It won't be that hard to find out all you want to know.

Know that you need to do research for yourself , don't expect others to do that job for you.
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:24:29 PM

Search YouTube and Google with 'how to mine XXX coin' and that should get you lots of videos and links with detailed information. Another good site to get the basics of setting up a rig is www.mining.help.

That website is honestly the best way to get started. If you try to set everything up all on your own you are bound to run into a ton of issues - just follow the instructions on that website directly and you wont have to go through a bunch of trial and error.
junkieforcoinzzzz

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:58:11 PM

Looking to take mining tutorial course to learn most everything. I’m building an octominer rig and just bought 2 1050ti rigs from eBay to switch cards later.

What ? 

Why would you ask about a tutorial and then go off and buy shit before doing anything.Huh

Pro tip - read this forum that you have posted in. Chances are EVERYTHING you could think of HAS been posted in here already.

If you need a tut to build a pc - go away - we are not at that dumb beginner level - so what I am saying is, do some research yourself and ask questions about what you want to learn here.

Asking for a tutorial is both lazy and stupid - considering there is many ways to mine.

cryptbro

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:22:56 PM

Literally type every question you have into the youtube search bar
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:00:51 AM

Reading, youtube and hands on experience.  You can watch all the youtube videos you want but until you actually try to set up your rig and start mining you won't achieve much. 

Here's a tip though, most *good* mining pools will have a configuration example.  It will tell you what entries your .conf file should have.  Find one of those pools when you are ready to mine and it will save you some time.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:11:36 AM

I have a video building an octominer if you're interested along with countless other builds / a coupe more riserless builds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnKhG1mxq1c

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:16:23 AM

Of course, doing what you want to learn, Learning by doing is the best way. Read some specific tutorial referring to what will you do that you can find anywhere (Youtube, Forum or whatever). When you get in trouble, you can ask here, and for sure we will help you.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:20:30 AM

try mining.help it should give you an overall sense what to do
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 06:46:06 AM

Of course, doing what you want to learn, Learning by doing is the best way. Read some specific tutorial referring to what will you do that you can find anywhere (Youtube, Forum or whatever). When you get in trouble, you can ask here, and for sure we will help you.

Yeah, your're absolutely right. During the time I built very first rigs, I watched a lot of youtube tutorials from Bits Be Trippin', Voskcoin, IMineBlocks and CryptoCurrency Network.
I just started step by step, get problems -> search/check tutorials and debug, again and again. Now I build a rig very quick without any problem.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:37:08 AM

Yeah, your're absolutely right. During the time I built very first rigs, I watched a lot of youtube tutorials from Bits Be Trippin', Voskcoin, IMineBlocks and CryptoCurrency Network.
I just started step by step, get problems -> search/check tutorials and debug, again and again. Now I build a rig very quick without any problem.
yeah, same as I feel.
if want learns something must one by one then practice what is learned, that more effective. although many time to learn it, but all of that is replaced with knowledge. 2 years ago  I don't know what is a mining from A to Z then I started from 'A'  (try and error) and next steps.

Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:50:54 AM

This is information that mining discussion to tutorial course of listening in process.The tutorial starts off with a basic overview and the terminologies involved in data mining and then gradually moves on to cover topics such as knowledge discovery,language, classification and decision tree induction,and how to mine the Web.Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have an understanding of the basic database concepts such as knowledge of data mining process of concept.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:15:48 AM

There are a few posts around here that can get you started fast.

I have one related to CPU mining but this can be easily applied to GPU mining as well. Check out these posts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891680.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2345911.0
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:56:25 PM

This is information that mining discussion to tutorial course of listening in process.The tutorial starts off with a basic overview and the terminologies involved in data mining and then gradually moves on to cover topics such as knowledge discovery,language, classification and decision tree induction,and how to mine the Web.Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have an understanding of the basic database concepts such as knowledge of data mining process of concept.

a bit confused by this explanation.
I'm so curious about what you said, then tried to Google it, and the result is:

Data Mining is defined as the procedure of extracting information from huge sets of data. In other words, we can say that data mining is mining knowledge from data. The tutorial starts off with a basic overview and the terminologies involved in data mining and then gradually moves on to cover topics such as knowledge discovery, query language, classification and prediction, decision tree induction, cluster analysis, and how to mine the Web.
Prerequisites
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have an understanding of the basic database concepts such as schema, ER model, Structured Query language and a basic knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts.

Source: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/data_mining/index.htm

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 04:03:28 PM

If you want to learn about mining with GPU rigs, I suggest you have a look on posts and videos by Philipma1957 and VoskCoin for example.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: