Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:41:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no one thought of this idea...  (Read 494 times)
tipac (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

I see all miners just make console software to mine and we use separate software to overclock/undervolt/monitor
I wonder why no one made a program to do all in one everything, is it not worth it or what ?
For example nicehash does a good job at sorting out which algo is best to mine now and  it uses a list of known miners to start outside process but it doesn't provide gpu's monitoring live in program and ov/uv which i consider very important
What do you guys think, is it worth to make one ? Its not very hard to do it, just time consuming.
A qt windows software should not consume more resources than a console but to be able to display everything to the user i think would make huge difference
I also wonder why no one thought of making just all in one software for miners to be universal, like take all cryptos in the world and compile all of them under the same umbrela.
Any thoughts ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:45:53 PM

Just do it.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:09:35 PM

I see all miners just make console software to mine and we use separate software to overclock/undervolt/monitor
I wonder why no one made a program to do all in one everything, is it not worth it or what ?
For example nicehash does a good job at sorting out which algo is best to mine now and  it uses a list of known miners to start outside process but it doesn't provide gpu's monitoring live in program and ov/uv which i consider very important
What do you guys think, is it worth to make one ? Its not very hard to do it, just time consuming.
A qt windows software should not consume more resources than a console but to be able to display everything to the user i think would make huge difference
I also wonder why no one thought of making just all in one software for miners to be universal, like take all cryptos in the world and compile all of them under the same umbrela.
Any thoughts ?

That's how innovation starts, lets hope this sparks who can make such an interesting mining software.

I would suggest if this thread readers can share more ideas on a good mining software features, one day someone might take this ideas and develop something we can use.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:11:54 PM

Lets do it
atamism

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:20:20 PM

I agree. A software to manage all the apps will be more convenient and less time consuming for miners. Hopefully, someone will be able to create a program that can do this all in one stuff. Miners will bow to him for sure. As technology grows old, there will always be innovations and ways to improve its efficiency.

Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:04:26 AM

You probably aren't a developer. Do you even know the complexity involved in dealing with multiple platforms and manufacturers?

In any case, go for it. But do some research first. CLAYMORE's miner already does all this except it only supports clock settings for AMD GPUs. Getting both AMD and NVIDIA to work in a single software/app is not that simple.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
tipac (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:52:17 AM

claymore is great but i don't like consoles. he should make a nice graphical interface to be very easy to use without so many --console --arguments. also claymore charge too much, the miner fee i think should be a lot less
we need to have a database with tested bioses and new users should be recommended to automatically install specific bios according to their gpu id all in 1 click without softwares like ddu, atiflash etc
a visible pool network monitor would also be great for transparency to make sure pool don't steal hash rate
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:53:47 AM

http://www.awesomeminer.com/
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

claymore is great but i don't like consoles. he should make a nice graphical interface to be very easy to use without so many --console --arguments.

That's called resource efficiency, a GUI such as NiceHash Miner requires more system resources because of the elements that require loadings, such as icons and fonts, they take up additional system resources.

we need to have a database with tested bioses and new users should be recommended to automatically install specific bios according to their gpu id all in 1 click without softwares like ddu, atiflash etc

Honestly, I learn from that process, how to pick the driver, how to modified bios, etc. Then now I know how to facing when I get into trouble with my rig.

But yes, one click for everything would help us, reduce much time, reduce headaches on our head, lol. Go for Innovations.
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:18:41 AM

Don’t forget, mining is still “new”. If it continues to grow, we’ll get very pretty interfaces that make it easy. They’ll automatically overclock each GPU and control the fans more intelligently.

I personally love how ghetto mining is. Tweaking it by command line gives it a retro feel.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:36:00 AM

I personally love how ghetto mining is. Tweaking it by command line gives it a retro feel.

Point taken! (personal view, same as me).

We learn nothing with one simple click, right. But we can't deny, that's the main function of technology, to make our life easier.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:45:25 AM

+1

Awesome Miner does what you want and helps you do what I call "software-defined" mining.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:59:57 AM

actually, everyone has an ability and thinking is a difference. when first mining until to date, I'm using  NH(and its kinds) only 2 months, more interesting using the separate software because of more has knowledge although must spend the time to learn it.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:52:10 PM

There are miner programs that have some overclock/fan control included.
I think most don't bother because they don't see the point of "re-inventing the wheel".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
connic1983

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:27:21 AM

claymore is great but i don't like consoles. he should make a nice graphical interface to be very easy to use without so many --console --arguments. also claymore charge too much, the miner fee i think should be a lot less

If you don't like consoles that means you are not a developer. Therefore you don't understand the complexity in writing the kind of software you described.
Also; if you think claymore charges too much; how are you going to get back your investment for writing this really complex piece of software?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:49:20 PM

If you don't like consoles that means you are not a developer. Therefore you don't understand the complexity in writing the kind of software you described.
Also; if you think claymore charges too much; how are you going to get back your investment for writing this really complex piece of software?

Too much /= no fee at all.

Claymore has pulled in MILLIONS from his fees (possibly TENS of Millions), that's way more than enough to have repaid his time investment.

0.5 % would be a lot more reasonable fee level, especially since most of his miners DON'T offer 2% better performance than the best competition.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
tipac (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:38:56 PM

As i said in first post, a nice graphical interface has 0 side-effect to performance comparing to a console but it should provide user a rich experience.
I remember when i flashed first gpu's i had to test lot of .rom to check which one is good, imagine if we have the community submit the best .rom and once a new user open the software - based on his gpu id he will get a list of community recommended settings / bios based on his hardware. just like windows 10 is installing the best drivers automaticaly.
For example:
user 1 has rx580 gets 24 mh/s
user 200 has rx580 gets 19 mh/s
user 99999 has rx580 gets 31 mh/s
Now the software should compare the best results and just get the timing stamps from the best gpu id / mhs and send to a community database. When a new user has the same rx580 the software will check database for best timing stamps and if the user has lower than average mh/s he should be recommended the community settings and if he click yes it will flash the specific gpu automatically. The same for any type of gpu.
Same scheme i think would work for profit switching algorithm, if i understood correctly nicehash switch profit algo by whatever buyers of hashpower pay but not by calculating current currency price / rig speed.

2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:40:32 AM

User 99999 may be in a data center and running at 40c, and user 1 may be getting throttled for heat since he is just trying out mining and has a cramped case running at 80c. Now we apply user 999999 overclock and voltage to user 1 and starts a fire. Probably not the best idea.

Anyways, I wrote a script for equihash. It pulls the json from whattomine every 10 minutes and switches based on top coin.

Nicehash does get mined, when they are paying well. But not with their software, just point to their pool with ewbf.

Linux. EWBF. nvidia-smi, nvidia-settings. Email alerts for load, and adjusts fan speed based on temp.

Works well and maximizes my profits.
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:53:16 AM

Kudos to Claymore for being a trailblazer. Early on no one had an issue with the fees and it was fair. I personally don’t use claymore anymore because the fees are ridiculous nowadays and the performance is not as good as other miners but no fault to claymore to continuing to charge high fees since people are still using the product.

Still astonished people are mining “top coins”. It never has and never will make sense.
2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:12:10 AM

I meant top coins as in most profitable based on my hash power.

For example, if nicehash is paying such amount I will switch. If ZEC has low diff I will switch to a certain pool, If HUSH diff is down I will solo it, and the same for most equihash coins.

No different than any automated alogorithms.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: