Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:01:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GOOGLE hasn't banned BITCOIN advertising  (Read 901 times)
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:50:04 PM

I don't think google actually banned bitcoin. They banned ICO and ICOs are not bitcoin, they exist in the blockchain technology platform but they ate not bitcoin. They can be termed altcoins if you like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:56:30 PM

Here's what Google said:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803

My first comment is that there's never been any BTC advertisement. Who would pay for it? The BTC's foundation? This board's webmaster? As there's no corporation, nor an individual owning BTC, there can't be any kind of advertising. The only ads I've ever seen were for lousy ICOs, shitcoins, trading and exchanges websites where you can make a deposit but not a withdrawal, trading consultants who screw you with the promise to show you how not to get screwed, and super safe crypto-wallets where your private keys are automatically sent to a smart angel in East Russia. Google wants to ban all that? I say thanks Google!

it means the rumors we've heard over the past few weeks that say google banned BITCOIN advertising is not true (HOAX). really im glad to hear this news, cause so many project cryptocurrency use GOOGLE to promote their project and also i think this rumors is one of all of the causes of bitcoin prices to become unstable as it is now

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:06:39 PM

Here's what Google said:
My first comment is that there's never been any BTC advertisement. Who would pay for it? The BTC's foundation? This board's webmaster? As there's no corporation, nor an individual owning BTC, there can't be any kind of advertising. The only ads I've ever seen were for lousy ICOs, shitcoins, trading and exchanges websites where you can make a deposit but not a withdrawal, trading consultants who screw you with the promise to show you how not to get screwed, and super safe crypto-wallets where your private keys are automatically sent to a smart angel in East Russia. Google wants to ban all that? I say thanks Google!

Almost all people had believed yet that Google is a strong and confident enemy of cryptocurrencies. I think that failed prices last time were provoked by critical news about crypto and ICO advertising.

Most people don't really read into things and the fud seems to work on them.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

I don't think google actually banned bitcoin. They banned ICO and ICOs are not bitcoin, they exist in the blockchain technology platform but they ate not bitcoin. They can be termed altcoins if you like.

What? Google can't ban bitcoin lol maybe just stop using them as a payment method but I don't think they'be been using it at all, as far as I know, also they can just ban ICO ads. Tho, they can ban ICO advertisements because, let's be honest, they'd often be promoting a scam coin and that could backfire to them, same goes for twitter and facebook.

Also,  I've noticed that facebook banned ICO ads BUT still allows ICOs to appear as sponsored content?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:57:16 PM

Here's what Google said:

Google should not ban bitcoins because if they do then there will be no more cryptocurrency who's going to be advertised on different sites since their google adsense is the best way to advertise cryptocurrency on different sites all over the web.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:21:00 PM

I can see many advertisements on YouTube which is also a part of google so it means they didn't ban the advertisement completely they may have some requirements to advertise their ads on Google.
Youtube might not ban it all for there it can explain vividly the project idea when the see the clip we can see moree related videos regarding it so we can be inspired to research it,  unlike in FB and Google that leads directly to investing website, but it seems that both FB and Google still not into fully banned since there are some ICO ads appears sometimes, maybe not that many unlike before.pain

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:24:03 PM

It wont be long before Youtube as they are Google will go ahead and ban crypto ads also, I keep seeing the same ads over and over again and they annoy me but beyond just annoying me there are some pretty decent efforts and some could be taken in by thinking they are onto a sure thing.
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:06:50 PM

For me interesting thing is that twitter has forbid advertisements, but bounty hunters still can repost and post ICO news and announcements.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:39:53 AM

Indeed, google never said they banned bitcoin ads. they banned the ICO ads.
this is because many scam ICO's from past months, and banned to prevent more scams.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
orangeibmportD

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:29:47 PM

I didnt even heard that GOOGLE ever said to ban btcs LOL and not also that the news was fake Grin
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:38:00 PM

I am also still getting crypto related ads both on Youtube and Facebook. Even for ICOs. What were those news for them banning crypto ads hmm
guxu219

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:37:09 AM

Yes, No one had said that Google banned bitcoin advertising. Google bans cryptocurrencies related websites advertising. These are mostly ICOs, gambling websites, exchanges, Lending websites, and other crypto related website which has been springing up like wild fire lately
There is no bitcoin advertising to be banned. Who will pay for bitcoin advertising when there is no benefit to him/her ?
So please let's not spread FUD and spread the right news to people in other not to cause panic.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:52:55 AM

They banned cryptocurrency related advertising. Even though they didn't ban Bitcoin advertising specifically (like advertising coming directly from Bitcoin), they did ban advertising from other sources that affect Bitcoin's development (trading services / advice, wallets, places to "earn" Bitcoin, etc.). This ban also included ICOs. If you are still seeing some advertising, it is because the ban will go into effect in June 2018.
Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:55:42 AM

This is what I am assuming they are doing.
Not a complete ban of cryptocurrency advertising but of the ICOS which have been a black eye for cryptocurrency with all the scam and twitter giveaways associated with them which all result in the person getting ripped off of all their coins in the wallets they send from.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:02:52 AM

Here's what Google said:

I agree that these advertisement bans are for ICO related programs, Bitcoin popularity started as a word of the mouth and the inception of these scams ICO started to cast negative feedbacks on the cryptocurrency community, there should be a regulation on this ICO in the future.
paynercash

Activity: 392

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:24:28 AM

So the Crypto market was once again rescued by Google. Google has no excuse for banning Crypto ads. When google made this decision I think this is the wrong decision. They have no right to do so because Crypto has not done anything to affect Google's revenue.

rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:30:53 AM

Yes. This should remove the misunderstanding from a lot of people. The only advertisements google has banned were ICO ads that become to spammy or too inappropriate for people to see. Which brings about a lot of unnecessary FUD to the community due to media worsening the situation telling people that bitcoin ads were banned by google. I rest my case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: