Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao will launch his own crypto coin  (Read 78 times)
Jonsnowstark (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:27:38 PM

Manny Pacquiao, the famous boxer from the Philippines is taking part in the blockchain technology and will be launching his coin which he named PAC coin. This was after a singapore based exchange allow celebrities to make their own coin. Pacman is said to be the first ever celebrity to make his own coin at GCox and is planning to be its celebrity ambassador. Read more on this here:
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/welterweight-champion-congressman-now-manny-pacquiao-entering-blockchain-042428989.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:29:06 PM

This is going to be like Doge, it will become and internet meme and grow in value for a short while, until its novelty value dies out and everyone forgets about it, then the whole internet turns on the Pacman for causing them to lose money. I know the dude can fight, but can he fight 100,000 sweaty neckbeards who each lost $50?
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:35:48 PM

What the heck he is doing? he is my favorite boxer i am respecting him too much compare to gayweather, boxer to senator then now ? cryptocurrency investors ,he is  a man of his words but im sure it wont make any difference,i have joined the fake ICO of PACCoin in telegram group and i pity those investors who got scammed.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:44:29 PM

Hes just making billions of dollars from this one,he isnt the man i have known before a great boxer but senator? nah, probably he should focus in one thing but this is a good news for the filipinos because he could support the legalization of the cryptocurrencies in the philippines or it could be the reason why the government will ban crypto in your country.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:49:15 PM

This is going to be like Doge, it will become and internet meme and grow in value for a short while, until its novelty value dies out and everyone forgets about it, then the whole internet turns on the Pacman for causing them to lose money. I know the dude can fight, but can he fight 100,000 sweaty neckbeards who each lost $50?
Alright, there is a real purpose to create another shitcoin just like pac coin. Manny is not a developer or even programmer and then to create the crypto-coin that was having a relationship with the development of future technology will be useless.It will be only pumping and dumping coin after that will be listed on exchange site.
Another crap coin will be appearing soon. I can't appreciate it.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
aliceayag

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:52:33 PM

I didn't heard that from the news yet. Manny Pacman was so popular in whole world because of the sports called Boxing. He has a lot of money to join in crypto world.He is also a senator in the Philippines. I hope his coin will be successful in crypto world.
cryptospear

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

Pacman is one of my favorite boxer,i really loved this man he is very flexible and open to all the things,a good man will always find his ways to help the people and it could be the reason why cryptocurrencies will have much freedom to his country he is a senator and also he has connections and im sure if hes really going to invest in cryptocurrencies more people will follow.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:07:03 AM

He is not the first one. I remember that I have seen Milo coin. it seemed to be the official coin of Milo Yannopuolous, he is a popular guy now and can be counted as a celebrity.
The provided article doesn't say anything about the actual usage of the coin so it seems to be just another memecoin but endorced by "celebrity". The whole event looks more like the promotion of the GCOX, there  more words about the exhange then about the coin.

chaa123

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:20:38 AM

As  his fellow countryman, I would love to see him launch this project. I will also see to it that it will be supported as well not only by fellow country men but by anyone who are willing to invest on it...
denbike

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:44:04 AM

As it's currently described I don't really see the point. However, celebrity coins could be a great way to engage a fan base.

For example if he occasionally raffled something off to coin holders or had dinner with a few of them, could be an interesting way to extend a social fan base.

If this takes off I could also see something like this being used to replace Omaze. In other words sell this coin to raise money for charity - sponsored by a celebrity.

That being said, I doubt GCOX's intention is to ever do something charitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: