Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:28:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Straight HODL vs Trading  (Read 1209 times)
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 03:41:11 PM

What I mean by straight HODL is that your hold through the crashes and the rises until you inevitably cash our and by trading I mean that you hold for a few months and then sell into fiat and wait for the expected dip/recession.
What i've noticed over the past years is that if I was less greedy and just cashed out after a reasonable profit and then held until the inevitable crashed, I would have made much more money than if i just held or bought another coin. 

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins.  The problem with that was that the entire market crashed and so if I were to just hold my fiat i would have been able to easily double my money. 

Let me know what your guys's thoughts are on this.
Whether straight HODL or trading, it’s all good and none of them is bad. I know a lot of my friends that are making a lot of money from trading and also using HODL as a form savings and growing their wealth. So if you’re good in trading cause that’s the main biz, you can do it and store the rest of your coins and HODL them to grow a bigger amount of money. But if you’re not a good trader then HODL is your best bet, you can still trade a little bit to be trying your luck as you learn it.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Sinecoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:22:29 PM

What I mean by straight HODL is that your hold through the crashes and the rises until you inevitably cash our and by trading I mean that you hold for a few months and then sell into fiat and wait for the expected dip/recession.
What i've noticed over the past years is that if I was less greedy and just cashed out after a reasonable profit and then held until the inevitable crashed, I would have made much more money than if i just held or bought another coin. 

An example of this is when I bought eth at 475 and sold at 1380.  Right after I sold I bought ltc at 230 thinking that it was gonna skyrocket after some of the money from the eth will flow back into the other coins.  The problem with that was that the entire market crashed and so if I were to just hold my fiat i would have been able to easily double my money. 

Whether straight HODL or trading, it’s all good and none of them is bad. I know a lot of my friends that are making a lot of money from trading and also using HODL as a form savings and growing their wealth. So if you’re good in trading cause that’s the main biz, you can do it and store the rest of your coins and HODL them to grow a bigger amount of money. But if you’re not a good trader then HODL is your best bet, you can still trade a little bit to be trying your luck as you learn it.

I've came to more of a realization that what your saying is actually very true.  I definitely have not had any success daily trading but for those who have, i bet theyr making a killing.  I think the only thing stopping me and many others from succeeding at daily trading is knowledge barrier (like you said) which will only come from trial and error which costs a lot of money.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

This is a good experience to share to everyone and helps them understand that a market wont go up forever..always look for a good entry and TIMING, its very important when you do trading..Investment are really risky so hope you make good decision next time..

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:50:11 PM

to be honest I prefer to trade than just holding the coin you have because I think when the assets you have stuck in the coin then you will not be able to get profit again because you do not have capital for trading so better not too long to hold the coin you have.
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:48:19 AM

I've found that my fallback is simply hodling. However I will often trade to increase my position in a coin I will hold to death rather than sell at a loss. Its improved my returns significantly.

Well people have different approach towards this and as long as it works for them then good. I also favor hodling than trading simply because i can't spend too much time monitoring the market movement. Hodling gives me free reign over my time without really stressing over drops in price
Yeah everyone has different concepts about trading. Some people don’t allow their investments to take such long time to yield profit. They are time conscious and they want urgent money coming back to them. But there are some legends too who are holding coins for long term. They may have a salaried job so no tension for earning daily. They can hold for long and long times.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:14:05 PM

I honestly think that it is better to hold for long term and not trading daily. Crypto markets are highly volatile due to which you cannot exactly predict the movement of the market where as prediction are easy to be made for a longer period of time. Also, trading involves doing technical analysis and studying the charts which makes it really a tough job and time consuming. Even if you have a lot of passion for your trading its better you trade only with a certain percentage of funds that you have so you are not crushed by the volatility of the market.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:15:26 AM

The more you take the risks, the more you will have a greater profit. Trading is kinda different from hodling. When you want to be more productive and have more profit then you should learn and try trading. Don't do something that you are not good at. At the end you will what you already have.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:20:40 AM

The more you take the risks, the more you will have a greater profit. Trading is kinda different from hodling. When you want to be more productive and have more profit then you should learn and try trading. Don't do something that you are not good at. At the end you will what you already have.
That was the risk and sad to say most of the time you need to risk for you to learn something. If you don't do anything and just watch how traders do you  will become a straight holder. There's nothing wrong with holding and trading is only an options for you to make more tokens or coins while holding.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:39:06 AM

That was the risk and sad to say most of the time you need to risk for you to learn something. If you don't do anything and just watch how traders do you  will become a straight holder. There's nothing wrong with holding and trading is only an options for you to make more tokens or coins while holding.
Hodl is the key to make enormous profit because the market prices is so volatile and no one knows when to pumps up again.Nowadays, trading is too risky because the volume rapidly decreases in a second or minutes so for us to be safe and secured better to hodl first until prices increases at higher price.
Natsuu

Activity: 1148
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:36:33 AM

But having a high risk will not guarantee you a greater profit because it's still uncertain that with it you'll earn more. So yeah if you think you're not capable of doing something you didn't actually know then just stay away from it. Personally, when I just started here I prefer to hold as I see this the most safest for a beginner and until now I still prefer this over trading, it's not that I don't want to take risk but I just want a more and surest profit.

Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

Straight holdings gives an earning where the price increases high, and it is the risk free method of making an earning. Same time trading requires a continuous buying and selling making use of the price fluctuations. Here the risk is big and to the same the earning we make compared to that of straight holding is big.

You're wrong about hodling. Hodling isn't a bullet proof  or risk-free method of making money in the crypto space. I've seen several cases where continuous hodling results to much losses. They're many Cryptocurrencies that are still unable to beat their all time high prices. In such cases, trading would have been a much better option. I'm not in any way saying hodling is bad... Just making it clear that It's not 100% guaranteed.

goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:34:31 PM

Straight holdings gives an earning where the price increases high, and it is the risk free method of making an earning. Same time trading requires a continuous buying and selling making use of the price fluctuations. Here the risk is big and to the same the earning we make compared to that of straight holding is big.

You're wrong about hodling. Hodling isn't a bullet proof  or risk-free method of making money in the crypto space. I've seen several cases where continuous hodling results to much losses. They're many Cryptocurrencies that are still unable to beat their all time high prices. In such cases, trading would have been a much better option. I'm not in any way saying hodling is bad... Just making it clear that It's not 100% guaranteed.

Better to experience both ,it depends of our strategies .We can compared both trading and hodling coin for observation and what the most efficient ,I think if we have patience of hodling coin we can get enormous profit someday when prices regulates higher rate while in trading it depends on us, if we like to earn quick profit we can daily trading coin .
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:11:20 PM

To my opinion I think straight holding is not really a good idea
because you have no assurance what specific time that you will be profitable or what while in trading industry you are going to earn an income or profit in daily basis, in short they have a assurance about your income.
bongnor531

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:16:31 PM

I think there are two types of traders out there.

Those who has less experience in trading and in whole crypto, tend to rather HODL in my view. It is quite understandable to me, not taking too much risk and hope for the coin to moon sometime. Unfortunately, there are many charming ICOs that have a nice-looking project with massive media hype, but many of them fall strongly after the first couple of days-weeks.

So I guess you could never know for sure, but I would rather invest in project that I truly believe in- of course it is not a warranty for anything either.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:58:31 PM

because you have no assurance what specific time that you will be profitable or what while in trading industry you are going to earn an income or profit in daily basis, in short they have a assurance about your income.

First of all, people always force themselves to choose between trading and holding, but that's completely unnecessary with how both can be done at the same time. Holding doesn't require any action or attention after the initial purchase, which grants you enough time to do other things, like trading. Second of all, trading doesn't and won't ever bring in daily profits or any sort of assurance. Trading the short term market represents uncertainty due to all the variables that can and will work against you. If even well stacked traders can't profit consistently from trading this market, how on earth will regular folks manage to do that? Trading the short term market is trading against the unknown.
funnynews

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:14:48 AM

I like to HODL because I basically dont have enough time for trading everyday, I am trading just some times after all errands

Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:33:46 AM

Straight holding is somehow a good idea for me, although youre right about "theres no specific time frame" on when will a certain coin become profitable on your edge. But, what makes it good is the possibility of the super pump, since most of alts are capable of pumping very high.
While on the other hand, daily trading doesnt guarantee a profit everytime, there's an underlying risks behind it as well. Every activity you do here in crypto space doesnt have an assurance.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:11:12 PM

My thoughts on straight hold is during the time that it happens then there’s no assurance or exactly of time when you will be profitable enough in this business because you are waiting for the right time unlike in trading you will earn an income in daily basis.
btcblockchain

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:37:23 PM

holding is good for short period of time we cant completely hold the coin expecting long-term benefits market volatility is a major issue and if we talk about trading need patience to enter the trade and close the trade
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:09:09 PM

holding is good for short period of time we cant completely hold the coin expecting long-term benefits market volatility is a major issue and if we talk about trading need patience to enter the trade and close the trade

hodling actually meant for long time only first of all. Then recent days increase the number of ICO tokens and altcoins we are really worry that we need to buy and wait for the shit coin to bump in the future so these are the problem when do hodling for some years or anything.
Still there are some coins which can be good for the investors you may check and invest on the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: