Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention: Bitmain is currently performing a large scam  (Read 1382 times)
malthrax

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:04:56 PM

I have a strong feeling that they were using these miners themselves to mine Cryptonight coins. Why would they miss this opportunity to mine Cryptonight coins at 220 Kh @550w per machine themselves, making USD 5000 per month per machine?

Now they fear that Monero (and soon other Cryptonight coins) will modify their code to brick this ASIC, they are selling them out to customers. So they are making profit in every possible way.

Just a thought.

That's how ASIC manufacturers have ALWAYS done business.  They sell HEAVILY USED equipment as "new" after they've taken 80+% of the profit.
sam08016

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:27:43 PM

I have a strong feeling that they were using these miners themselves to mine Cryptonight coins. Why would they miss this opportunity to mine Cryptonight coins at 220 Kh @550w per machine themselves, making USD 5000 per month per machine?

Now they fear that Monero (and soon other Cryptonight coins) will modify their code to brick this ASIC, they are selling them out to customers. So they are making profit in every possible way.

Just a thought.

That's how ASIC manufacturers have ALWAYS done business.  They sell HEAVILY USED equipment as "new" after they've taken 80+% of the profit.

If that is true then I expect Monero (and later other Cryptonight coins) difficulty to go down (significantly) after this Monero fork.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:42:56 PM

Just a thought.

If that is true then I expect Monero (and later other Cryptonight coins) difficulty to go down (significantly) after this Monero fork.

Dont expect difficulty to drop too much, people forget that CN is mined for free on millions of computers around the world, and the pc owners prob dont even know it. They are the ones paying the higher power bils and suffering the poor pc performance.

Ashe-J

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

bitmain is a pure scam , my friend has been scammed for 1k$ .. Be careful guys, bloody scammers are everywhere nowadays
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:32:55 AM

Brickmain

Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:45:37 AM

So is there any asics miner that COULD still be profitable?

While ASIC producers work with this unfair, scam business model, there will not be safe ASIC investment.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:05:27 AM

Very nice catch. If other coins that use cyrptonight algo won't be profitable, then it is pointless to buy this product from Bitmain.
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

Shitmain scam as ALWAYS
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 12:32:33 PM

You can bet they mine a shit ton themselves before they release this sort of news and make even more money on the pre-orders from the few suckers who can part with 12'000$.

You're essentially buying a 12'000USD paper weight...
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:00:52 PM

Wonder how long Bitmain will even last before they go completely bankrupt. They are still holding those heavy Bcash bags that have lost a tremendous amount compared to BTC.  They don't seem to have much competition though so even with their dumb decisions they may turn it around.
N2DCRYPT

Activity: 148
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:09:50 PM

Wonder how long Bitmain will even last before they go completely bankrupt. They are still holding those heavy Bcash bags that have lost a tremendous amount compared to BTC.  They don't seem to have much competition though so even with their dumb decisions they may turn it around.

Yeah, and it's more complicated than that even though. When they made their big push into setting up big operations in U.S. datawarehouses, they way overstretched themselves... I know they've defaulted on some of their existing contracts and will be involved in lawsuits relating to those. Leaving a lot of their ASICs behind as "payment" for defaulting on rents and energy bills. Safe to say it'll be a long time before things get shaken out, but it'll be classic Bitmain: they will not hesitate to screw someone over or break their word if profit is involved--they are ruthless and relentless.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 12:49:51 AM

If bitman is still around then that means they scammed millions of people around the world cause if they were or have been honest then they would not be around cause large companies like bitmain are all out of business because its impossible if they lost more than 20 to 50  times their money in few months and still be operational. So as bitmain is still operational that means they scammed in all sorts of ways everybody and to this day, even $0.01 electricity per kwh is negative anyway you put it.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 01:59:10 AM

scam? no.  not unless they didn't deliver a product as advertised.

This hardware release proves one thing:  The day I commented when XMR had almost doubled in diff over the course of a few hours; and the subsequent plunge in price from sell-offs right afterwards,  I knew a massive asic had been produced; and shitmain was the most likely culprit.

Anyone who buys this thing;  deserves what they get.   Especially knowing they are trying to buy a specific hardware solution that is made to work on a coin that specifically will reorganize to invalidate such devices.

Bitmain uses the devices behind closed doors with nondisclosure.   This is shady activity; and its your fault for buying into it.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:16:04 PM

guys, this thread is from last year. the hardware exists, and does what it said on the tin. we also know that bitmain wasn't the original culprit secretly mining, their rigs didn't even ship until way post-fork. baikal was confirmed to be running secret ASICs as early as august 2017. also, there are a number of coins that still bring in pennies per day from these algorithms, keeping people moving towards their 10 year ROI Wink

that being said, there are new ASICs on the network again, but little clue as to who is behind it. unlikely they will try to sell the rigs after the fact either, since it went so well last time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: