Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is fall of bitcoin from 16k$ good for bitcoin and alt-crypto?  (Read 649 times)
lordquanta (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:27:11 AM

Within a year and half, bitcoin value soared from ~$1000 to the staggering $16000 dollars. Everywhere around the world, bitcoin became the buzzword. After touching 16000 USD value, bitcoin value faltered considerably. Today the value stands somewhere around 8500 USD to the 9000 USD range.  Many new-investors from many countries have almost lost their investment after this.
I think this price correction is good for the bitcoin and alt-crypto as well. Why? :
* Correction is way of setting up appropriate expectation. (what goes in up also come down)
* Bitcoin and crypto is not like your normal stock-market. Rather it is more volatile ans susceptible to market manipulations.
* People with heart for financial freedom will remain with bitcoin and or alt-crypto for sure. Gold diggers will vanish as  soon as party is over.
* People understood the value of crypto more seriously.

Bitcoin has still more potential to be explored. Whatever happened with bitcoin will make it stronger.

What do you think whether this fall in value of bitcoin is good for it or not? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:22:03 AM

I think I can buy your idea in this regard..... What goes up must come down...... This is just the normal volatility expected of Bitcoin. At least, the value coming down to a reasonable stability but speculated to still skype for upsurge will give way to the normal users of Bitcoin to stay by holding, where the pests or periodical benefactors making the whole exercise clumpsy for Bitcoin mockery shall duly flee by dumping.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:44:43 AM

Im not sure if the big price corrections are good or bad for crypto.
It will be nice to hear other THEORIES on this as the thread expands.

Personally im not too worried about the corrections because medium to long term i think there
will be further adoption and as the adoption increases so too will the values.
When the corrections come they will be higher than the previous ones.
Some people may run away but more will come in.

Time

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 10:57:10 AM

Fall in the value of crypto currency is always good because it gives different investors a way of entering into crypto at right time and thus making best possible investment. I mean if the currency is falling down then I'm pretty sure that they will come up once in a while and those who have invested already into it will get most out of the bitcoin making it great deal of business.

Many people get panciked about the fall but these are not real investors but they are just short term investors who get scared and scare others as well. Those who are strategic investors will always see downfall as opportunities for themselves to earn more in the future. So you see it's good somtiems to see such major falls.
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:36:12 AM

everything is good and bad depends on situation, falling due to bad news is nature of cryptomarket as there is no assets behind there values.

Bitcoin is still valuable if u compare 2-3 years back price. But bcoz we already saw a peak so now our comparison is not from bottom but from peak side.

** FREE SPACE **
yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:56:04 AM

BTC's price drop may be a chance for many people to buy BTC again!

People invest in BTC and keep it for a while, which is good for the whole market!
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

Mmm, hard question. With BTC a lot of others crypto fall too.
But I agree with the guy, who said that it's opportunity to buy BTC for many people
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

I just want to add another reason why bitcoin's downfall is not totally bad but a favorable situation foe us.
* This is a great time for buying coins as much as possible

Deflation on btc's price are bad and good at the same time. That's bad because our earnings in terms of fiat decreases and everyones hates it but if we look on the positive side, we can see that this is a great opportunity to buy coins as I've said a while a go. This kind of scenario surely affects you, it all depends to you on how you will handle this. Are you going to panic sell due to frustration or you gonna be strong and remain hodling? The choice is yours.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Within a year and half, bitcoin value soared from ~$1000 to the staggering $16000 dollars. Everywhere around the world, bitcoin became the buzzword. After touching 16000 USD value, bitcoin value faltered considerably. Today the value stands somewhere around 8500 USD to the 9000 USD range.  Many new-investors from many countries have almost lost their investment after this.
I think this price correction is good for the bitcoin and alt-crypto as well. Why? :
* Correction is way of setting up appropriate expectation. (what goes in up also come down)
* Bitcoin and crypto is not like your normal stock-market. Rather it is more volatile ans susceptible to market manipulations.
* People with heart for financial freedom will remain with bitcoin and or alt-crypto for sure. Gold diggers will vanish as  soon as party is over.

Bitcoin has still more potential to be explored. Whatever happened with bitcoin will make it stronger.

I think this is normal volatility, which will happen when there is an unfortunate problem about Bitcoin. For short-term traders and investors, Bitcoin volatility provides a great opportunity to generate profits where investors will benefit greatly from the money they invest. The good effect is that Bitcoin's stock will be slightly circulated in the market so that its value will increase in the future which becomes a benefit for Bitcoin users.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 01:32:27 PM

I definitely think a correction was needed and that it will eventually prove to be a good thing.
The bull run to 20k was unsustainable and it was pretty clear that it wasn't going to hold once the price got over 20k.

The price did drop some more due to the sale of Mt. Gox coins, but I would say that the market handled it pretty well.
We're still seeing prices close to 10k and I would expect that it will continue its growth pattern over the long term.

wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

Im not sure if the big price corrections are good or bad for crypto.
It will be nice to hear other THEORIES on this as the thread expands.

Personally im not too worried about the corrections because medium to long term i think there
will be further adoption and as the adoption increases so too will the values.
When the corrections come they will be higher than the previous ones.
Some people may run away but more will come in.

Time
You should not see corrections in that light, price corrections are neither good or bad they are necessary, in a perfect world we will not have corrections but in the world we're living, people invest their money in stuff they do not really understand, what they see is that an asset is going up in value and they do not want to miss out on that so they invest their money and then they lose it when there is no longer anyone else to buy those assets, this has happened many times in history the famous Tulip mania is a perfect example of that.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:50:50 PM

Correction is a self-explaining word. Just by hearing the word correction in the world of trading you will know its a normal stage for anything. Correction usually happens when the price movement of an asset is more than normal, in this case Bitcoin has soared to 20,000$ in the month of December. The bigger and faster its rise the greater fall of market confidence will happen. Market confidence where a lot of holders are in a state of "sell mode" is obvious to see and they are just waiting for the whales to start the correction.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:52:53 PM

Sometimes our confidence can turn into sand and soil of dessert. I mean not all the things can make bitcoin stronger and we cant expect every time that bitcoin will be a good pump in the future. On top of this we can not trust crypto lovers every time as they could become fearsome at specific point and may start mass selling of the bitcoin for their own good or to save their life long investment into bitcoin. What if this scenario got aggravated due to situations like global bans on the bitcoin and other crypto currencies. The value is falling down is good thing, but its not the best thing all the time.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:21:59 PM

It soared to almost 20k last December then it started to fluctuate around 15 - 12k USD after that before hitting the holiday seasons, price corrections, bad insights and greedy people make the price what we are seeing today. Price decrease and crashes make new opportunities for a normal person to enter the cryptocurrencies, I saw a lot of people complaining that bitcoin is so expensive though it is cheap in the past, I hope that those greedy people who enter the cryptocurrency will realize that it is better to focus on the technology behind bitcoin rather than to hope for an instant money.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:29:52 PM

it's somewhat good and bad at the same time
good, because it gives opportunity to late comers to join the bitcoin wagon Kiss
bad, because it leaves a bad taste for new comers who jumped in and bought when it was $16k+ Lips sealed

Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:37:42 PM

70% correction its happend 3rd time already for 2 years and i think after that correction we will starting to rise very good and will see new higs ! Hope soo , because i need a lot of money for my family Smiley
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

As I mentioned in my previous post yesterday,This is a good economical process,this is an economic efficiency,which is immutable in every economical affairs...Just look at facts,Is consume of it reduced? Of course no,Moreover,There are more bitcoin ultimate consumers than two month ago,and all we know what it means,despite that we have socio-economic statistics,which for me are good evidences,and thats why I believe that after a great,huge progress there are always little barriers which are not very dense.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:03:21 PM

I think it was a good thing because when Bitcoin was rushing towards $20k I certainly believed that it was a bubble and that it was going to burst any moment and though didn't take it well when it reduced from $20K I believe that the currency was trying to correct itself.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

A fall in BTC's price is never good. It can be acceptable, but it's not positive. It gives reasons to media and governments badmouth Bitcoin, saying it's very dangerous and must be regulated/banned, investors become afraid about volatility and start panic selling, also, sharing their negative experience with others, who will also become afraid of investing in BTCs. A climate of uncertain and fear take control of the market.

Anyway, it's acceptable, because we know the nature of this market. At same time this volatile nature is what gives us hope that the market will recover on long term and show good results.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:17:34 PM

It is both good and bad for crypto. The time when bitcoin moved from $10000 - $17000, a lot of new investors started investing in bitcoins. This is because bitcoins made it to news on reaching levels like $10000 and $15000 for the first time. This attracted a lot of new investors. Now most of those investors are in loss and they may not invest in crypto in future because of this experience.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: