Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is fall of bitcoin from 16k$ good for bitcoin and alt-crypto?  (Read 649 times)
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:50:36 AM

Within a year and half, bitcoin value soared from ~$1000 to the staggering $16000 dollars. Everywhere around the world, bitcoin became the buzzword. After touching 16000 USD value, bitcoin value faltered considerably. Today the value stands somewhere around 8500 USD to the 9000 USD range.  Many new-investors from many countries have almost lost their investment after this.
I think this price correction is good for the bitcoin and alt-crypto as well. Why? :
* Correction is way of setting up appropriate expectation. (what goes in up also come down)
* Bitcoin and crypto is not like your normal stock-market. Rather it is more volatile ans susceptible to market manipulations.
* People with heart for financial freedom will remain with bitcoin and or alt-crypto for sure. Gold diggers will vanish as  soon as party is over.
* People understood the value of crypto more seriously.

Bitcoin has still more potential to be explored. Whatever happened with bitcoin will make it stronger.

What do you think whether this fall in value of bitcoin is good for it or not? 

I don’t think that it is right to talk about falling or rising Bitcoin in the terms good or bad. This is just price. Nothing more. It is really important if Bitcoin will be competitive in the field of technologies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:05:24 AM

Bitcoin grow from $7,650 to $19,876 on most of the exchange platform and was above $19,000 at coinmarketcap. In reality bitcoin has dropped drastically and we should not see this as a problem as the speed it went up in December 2017 was too high. Most of us said here that corrections is under and this is what you have seeing happen and we expect a recovering very soon.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:31:04 AM
Merited by mornabo (6)

Within a year and half, bitcoin value soared from ~$1000 to the staggering $16000 dollars. Everywhere around the world, bitcoin became the buzzword. After touching 16000 USD value, bitcoin value faltered considerably. Today the value stands somewhere around 8500 USD to the 9000 USD range.  Many new-investors from many countries have almost lost their investment after this.
I think this price correction is good for the bitcoin and alt-crypto as well. Why? :
* Correction is way of setting up appropriate expectation. (what goes in up also come down)
* Bitcoin and crypto is not like your normal stock-market. Rather it is more volatile ans susceptible to market manipulations.
* People with heart for financial freedom will remain with bitcoin and or alt-crypto for sure. Gold diggers will vanish as  soon as party is over.

Bitcoin has still more potential to be explored. Whatever happened with bitcoin will make it stronger.

I don’t think that it is right to talk about falling or rising Bitcoin in the terms good or bad. This is just price. Nothing more. It is really important if Bitcoin will be competitive in the field of technologies.

But of course all have meaning for private individuals. rising and falling prices can be a good thing and can be a bad thing depending on the perceptions of each individual. for those people who have been selling at a high price in the past few months of course the current price drop is a good thing because they can buy at a cheap price. while for the holder of course this is not a good thing and it is a price increase which is a good thing?
IndzheborgC

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:30:38 AM

"Correction" is a much better script than a "bursting bubble." At the beginning of the year, people were filled with excitement - they took all the cripto currencies in a in sequence, regardless of the technologies used, the team, the action plan and everything else that determines the price of the coin. The fall in prices will remove the "foam" from the market, the best will remain.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:40:45 AM

Yes, at least now the transactions fees are acceptable again and we have Lightining Network's promise, [...]

I wouldn't call it a promise since it's actually working on the mainnet. Every person can download the latest lnd client which finally allows you to setup a Lightning Node on the mainnet. I'm afraid that transactions fees are going to surge right after Bitcoin price start to increase again. That's why I'm rooting for Lightning Network developers, I hope they will make it on time.
Yes. It may not be on a large scale yet but at least it is a start and the way things are going, I expect this to gradually set ups up for the mainstream. So far, they have already released the beta and I am sure that would change a lot of things.
In addition to these, segwit adoption is increasing seriously, so at the same time, I believe that should help a lot transaction wise even when the price starts surging. People are beginning to see the advantage of using segwit wallets now over the legacy wallet.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:15:14 AM

In my opinion the price of bitcoin is too volatile and it's susceptible to price manipulation as many investors had owned plenty of bitcoin under their address. We can't tell them not to sell their coins as they have strategy to gain profits on this business. What happening in the downfall was the reverse bull run from the pumping of price of last year and now bitcoin needs corrections. In which a good opportunity to buy those new investors at lower price and also it will spread the ownership to bitcoin around the world. Sooner, bitcoin will return to the all time high we just need to be patient.
We have to live with that for now. Bitcoin in the real life case is not being used as a currency on a large scale and that is why things are the way they are. Right now, all that we have in our hands is more of a speculative asset and that is what makes it easy for the whales to manipulate based on how people can easily get greedy and panic at the slightest chance they get.

Moreover, I am sure we are getting there gradually with the lightning network. I am sure by end of this year we may have bitcoin prices into some unbelievable levels which may be near to 0.1M dollars too. Right now bitcoin is looking for some good news and from that it will definitely capitalize.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:56:47 AM

We think also what would be the effect if bitcoin will continuously go higher, do you think that there will try to invest it with that amount? I think there's no one, that's why we thank you for that downtrend of bitcoin cause it gives chances for small capital investors to take part of it and the market are continuously moving. Up and down movements is very important in all investment cause that's the way gain profit.
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:10:51 AM

This fall of price have provided critics, especially pessimistic ones, something to validate their point that bitcoin is a bubble. It also instill certain doubt in some people and stunt the adoption rate. I have no doubt that the adoption rate will recover soon though. The good thing is that it wakes up people from hopeful dreams. It questions people whether they are using it in the right way.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:12:39 AM

I really support Bitcoin as it is the future of the world economy and it is the currency of the future world. My people are panic sellers and they are the one who give us chance to earn. Bitcoin is a very high potential coin and it can reach much high value than 16k USD . So a smart investor will buy more coins in such situations.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:17:30 AM

Within a year and half, bitcoin value soared from ~$1000 to the staggering $16000 dollars. Everywhere around the world, bitcoin became the buzzword. After touching 16000 USD value, bitcoin value faltered considerably. Today the value stands somewhere around 8500 USD to the 9000 USD range.  Many new-investors from many countries have almost lost their investment after this.
* People with heart for financial freedom will remain with bitcoin and or alt-crypto for sure. Gold diggers will vanish as  soon as party is over.

The problem that bitcoin had, was it was going way to fast and this made it so popular that many people who have no idea not so ever about jumped into this industry in hope for profit, but the problem was that bitcoin was not yet ready for this massive flow of traffic, the network was not ready to accept this amount of transaction at onetime, and this has lead to transaction being stuck for days and miner fees hitting unbelievable values. so in the bottom end the fall that the value of bitcoin has witnessed works in our favor, because transactions now are fast and miner fees have never been lower, so until the scaling problem of bitcoin is seen through, it will be best if the price takes it one step at the time and not skyrocket like last year.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:27:45 AM

It's true it does not stop because there's a lot of potential in bitcoin that in time we find a bright spot, this is a correction which for me is good not in terms of liking the decline, this is good for bitcoin development itself and the investors to be more careful and meticulous in bitcoin , where bitcoin invests a bit dangerously can lose all the money you have, but this happens because of the massive bitcoin sales where prices are above and experiencing a very high decline, people continue to cycle like that.

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:40:13 PM

What is clear after the the descent very sharp price of $ 16,000 is very detrimental to some holders, especially the holder who has a weak hand, they must be panic. But, from falling prices this benefits some investors who have the capital to buy and hold it back. Actually this situation can be a profit and loss for some traders and investors.

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:41:30 PM

During bear market people usually don't buy in even it's the better time to buy in at the lower price to maximize the future profit. Most people only buy when they see the price are keep going up and up they want some of the quick profit. They don't want to wait it out.

For the investment part need to buy and hold for a year or two for the project to mature and generated reasonable profit before you sell it. People are in for quick profit nowsaday only.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

Be sure bitcoin can rise and reach high value again. Drop down in investment is normal things. It's just temporary not permanent.
Just be patient and calm down to hold your bitcoin for future. And you will see the value high and get more profitable.
Is also can same with others coins.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

I also believe that correction is always good, yes i know that many people lose some money but in the long run it will help bitcoin to survive. This is why i believe that bitcoin is not a bubble because the market tends to correct when the pruce goes too much.
yamete kudasai

Activity: 226
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:16:21 PM
Merited by magmar (1)

I think it is not good for cryptos but for investors it is. Such as in Bitcoin, knowing its capabilities on recovering from market downfalls, surely the dumps at this moment is really in favor for investors. They will be able to invest huge amount since the msrket value is currently low. And when the time comes where its price starts to increase, huge profit will be earned.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:36:50 PM

I don't think it is good really , a lot of people lose trust and interest in times like this.
It was what could've been expected, since the market won't be going up in a straight line.
At least the developers are still working and i am still really excited for the future.
Normally, that should not be much of a worry. People can lose interest now, but does that mean the interest would just die down totally. Wait until we start seeing the possibilities of full recovery, then you will understand the level at which people can go when it comes to switching from one lane to the other. The good thing like you said, is that development is going on, things are changing pretty fast in the positive direction, so let's be hopeful.

I also believe that correction is always good, yes i know that many people lose some money but in the long run it will help bitcoin to survive. This is why i believe that bitcoin is not a bubble because the market tends to correct when the pruce goes too much.
People will do lose their money only when they do get panic on seeing corrections and definitely long term holders will not lose. It means if we understand the market fluctuations then we can be sure about bounce back of prices.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:00:48 PM

1. It's not correction what's happening right now. It's called panic selling.
2. Stock markets are volatile, trust me, we just don't see it.
3. True. But gold diggers don't disappear for ever, they will come back once they see an opportunity.
4. People didn't understand shit. They just want money. Real quick.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:43:07 AM

Fundamental of any market (and for that matter it is of life as well):  short term rise followed by fall as well as fall followed by the rise  are the indicators of healthy market. People losing interest in a stock or crypto just because there is a correction ( which was long due) are not meant for the crypto. These kind of people are irrelevant for the market growth. You will find this behavior in any stock or commodity market where someone just enters in because there is a bullrun going on.
Let's be honest, huge price swings are part and parcel of crypto world.
Right, most people who always do this apparently have no idea of how things work in the general market and that is why they panic or give up easily to that effect and just having the feelings that because it is going down, it means the end to everything. I hope they can get to understand that the market cannot keep shooting up forever or tanking down forever and this is what we call general fluctuations in the market which is normal. I mean to say fall of bitcoins from its ATH should be considered as a big event and it should be treated like a part of market events hence it will be having usual impact on entire crypto world as expected.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tanxingwo1215

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:35:52 PM

The price of BTC will lower the chance for more people to buy BTC again! This is fair to many people!

Let more people experience the value of BTC!

When BTC prices return to normal levels, BTC will become a hot spot again!

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: