Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:25:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I give merit?  (Read 690 times)
Collinberg (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:53:57 PM

I am a newbie
I made my first ever post today in bitcointalk and I have been going from section to section searching about the merit system.
I have seen several posts regarding this topic but what I have not seen yet is the answer to the most pressing question I have..

From my research so far I have seen that it is encouraged to give merit to posters of quality articles or comments but..

My Questions Are...

• How can I award a good poster some merit points?
• Are there limits to Merits you can give out each day?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:05:50 PM

Your questions should be pretty much answered after you read this thread: Topic: Merit & new rank requirements

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Collinberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 01:56:48 PM

Your questions should be pretty much answered after you read this thread: Topic: Merit & new rank requirements

Thanks a lot,I just read it,although i dont think it's fair to everybody,each individual irrespective of rank should be allowed to "like" or "upvote" or "merit" a post they like.

cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:16:10 PM

Thanks a lot,I just read it,although i dont think it's fair to everybody,each individual irrespective of rank should be allowed to "like" or "upvote" or "merit" a post they like.
You might be better off going back to Facebook & Reddit then.
Collinberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 02:36:54 PM

I love trying out new things,if we dont like a system,we adapt and search for ways to improve it,I am already adapting and loving Bitcointalk forum,I hope to be a very important a recognised person in this forum someday.

cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:46:11 PM

I love trying out new things,if we dont like a system,we adapt and search for ways to improve it,I am already adapting and loving Bitcointalk forum,I hope to be a very important a recognised person in this forum someday.

I'm glad you feel this way and wish you best of luck in achievng your goal. Contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way and you'll have merit to spend in no time.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:29:44 PM

You know that if that's the case then people just could spam register accounts to abuse the system right? Register multiple accounts, +merit posts on main account. Easy rank upgrade.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Collinberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:45:36 PM

I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it,it's quite true,it it's done like that,everybody would be a legendary member an the ranks would lose their prestige.

sheeva28

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:45:40 PM

I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it,it's quite true,it it's done like that,everybody would be a legendary member an the ranks would
  What is the different of havig a

Can a newbie give merit to high rank member? Just want also to ask who's giving merit? Any criteria for giving someone a merit?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:31:42 AM

Can a newbie give merit to high rank member? Just want also to ask who's giving merit? Any criteria for giving someone a merit?
Newbie can give sMerit to everyone, but to do that you need to have at least 1 sMerit. It means that you need to get 2 Merits from other users to receive 1 sMerit.
Who's giving merit? You can find most generous merit senders here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend
Most sMerits senders are Merit sources and others users who have lot of sMerits. But basically, every user who sMerits can send it other users.
Criteria for giving sMerits? You should merit only original, helpful, interesting quality posts

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:37:34 AM

Read my thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2534500.0

You will learn a lot about the forum rank, merit,  activity and trust.
Good luck

JRACPJRL

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:50:05 AM

As far as I know, you should have enough merit to give to others. Your merit will decrease as much as you give to others. It works as 2 is to 1. It means, if you have 2 extra merits, you can give 1 merit to other. There are a lot of information included in the thread for merit. Search for it.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

As far as I know, you should have enough merit to give to others. Your merit will decrease as much as you give to others. It works as 2 is to 1. It means, if you have 2 extra merits, you can give 1 merit to other. There are a lot of information included in the thread for merit. Search for it.

You are mixing up sMerit with merit. LTU_btc gave a more accurate description.

You can't give away any of your Merit.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Collinberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 04:04:39 AM

Newbie can give sMerit to everyone, but to do that you need to have at least 1 sMerit. It means that you need to get 2 Merits from other users to receive 1 sMerit.
Who's giving merit? You can find most generous merit senders here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend
Most sMerits senders are Merit sources and others users who have lot of sMerits. But basically, every user who sMerits can send it other users.
Criteria for giving sMerits? You should merit only original, helpful, interesting quality posts
Thanks for taking the time to explain it in layman terms,it was really helpful.

Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:37:53 PM

Good question good sir, since other people here are keep on asking on how to earn merits and how it works. I think it’s much better to ask, how people give merits and how to earn SMerits. Smerits is simply the merits that is for awarding a good post. I think you can earn SMerits by getting to the qualifications by your rank and how many merits you earned. Hopefully that helps, have a good one sir.

vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:36:19 PM

you need to have some constructive and on topic posts for you tbe able to have some merits.

nextpakk
Copper Member

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 06:37:19 PM

I like your perspective Collinsberg. If we fail to look for ways to improve, we fail ourselves and others in the opportunities given to us to make things better in life. Recognizing the need to adapt is the driving force to succeed in any area of life. I have know doubt you will succeed in your endeavors.
[/quote]
AngryToken
Copper Member

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:43:33 PM

yes sendable merits are called smerits and you have to have smerits in order to be able to send merits to different users on here. you will need to have 2 merits in order to have 1 sendable merit "smerit". then once you have those you can go to profile and under merits it will tell you how many you currently have and how many smerits you have as well.
bucsren

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

I'm looking for this. Thanks a  lot!
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:14:58 PM

Your post must be of quality content addressing the topic that was raise on a trend you follow. Top leaders on the forum can send you merit base on this.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: