Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will October's bubble burst?  (Read 11016 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:29:21 AM

seriously, i find it crazy that i can't put stop losses

bitfinex.com

cavirtex.com
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 08:58:47 AM

One good thing about the run-up, and very important, is that it puts Bitcoin into the mainstream media spotlight once again.

Whether it rises or falls, if you are still holding your coins you have lost or gained nothing.  Just numbers on a screen you are looking at.  It is only when you exchange them for goods or services or another currency that any real profit or loss takes place.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
bnjmnkent

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:00:01 PM

Do you think the run-up/niche filling came to an end, stabilizing now?
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:22:19 AM

Do you think the run-up/niche filling came to an end, stabilizing now?

Or are we experiencing the fist signs of a bubble popping?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 03:30:04 AM

I made almost 1000% during the two weeks of the April crash alone. A better trader probably could have made 10,000%.

I'm curious, please elaborate: how could one have traded two weeks within April to gain 10,000 %? Wink

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:02:56 AM

Chinese investors have a big amount of money, I think this time the rally will last for a long term, months..., ha?

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
bnjmnkent

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:23:00 AM

Could you please supply further information?
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

I made almost 1000% during the two weeks of the April crash alone. A better trader probably could have made 10,000%.

I'm curious, please elaborate: how could one have traded two weeks within April to gain 10,000 %? Wink
By trading very short-term waves very skillfully.

I leave you with this:

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMq0NHEEpo

Of course for the 10,000% it would probably have to be a small player starting with 20btc or less to have enough liquidity to make all of the trades.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:39:25 AM

You understand that 10,000% means that for every 1 bitcoin you started out with in the beginning of that two week period, you ended up with the equivalent of 100 BTC (USD equiv)? 

I doubt that you did this and I doubt it was possible.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

You understand that 10,000% means that for every 1 bitcoin you started out with in the beginning of that two week period, you ended up with the equivalent of 100 BTC (USD equiv)?  

Read again. I only said I made 1,000%, and that it might have been possible for someone else (superman) to make 10,000%
bnjmnkent

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:01:25 AM

The shape now looks (to my untrained eye) quite similar to the crash
shape in april.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:07:18 AM

The shape now looks (to my untrained eye) quite similar to the crash
shape in april.

Misread. Sorry.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:30:12 AM

Read again. I only said I made 1,000%, and that it might have been possible for someone else (superman) to make 10,000%

IMO even Superman couldn't have made 10,000%, but maybe 2,000%. There just weren't enough profit points to take
advantage of without massive risks. But congratulations on your 10x win, that's my desired target for the next big crash, I'll train for it.
However, I now tend to believe we won't have now such a big crash, at least not on Gox. Maybe China will drop harder, but still not like in April.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 11:05:51 PM

I know traders posses skills and knowledge that I do not. But I also know there's some randomness in the mix. How much of trading success is due to skill vs. randomness? I think statistics dictates that if there are 1,000 traders of equal skill, a small percentage will do extremely well, simply due to being on the extreme edge of a probability curve -- in other words, some of those who look like geniuses will really just have benefitted from luck. So how does one know if a trader's success is due superior skill or just plain old luck? And how does one know the trading tactics that worked well before will work again, when a much larger set of skilled traders may now be competing with them?

I'm long BTC, and while I buy on dips, I have yet to sell to take profits. I assume I might sell a portion of BTC at some level, but I'm certainly not knowledgeable to actively trade.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:08:57 PM

I know traders posses skills and knowledge that I do not. But I also know there's some randomness in the mix. How much of trading success is due to skill vs. randomness? I think statistics dictates that if there are 1,000 traders of equal skill, a small percentage will do extremely well, simply due to being on the extreme edge of a probability curve -- in other words, some of those who look like geniuses will really just have benefitted from luck. So how does one know if a trader's success is due superior skill or just plain old luck? And how does one know the trading tactics that worked well before will work again, when a much larger set of skilled traders may now be competing with them?

I'm long BTC, and while I buy on dips, I have yet to sell to take profits. I assume I might sell a portion of BTC at some level, but I'm certainly not knowledgeable to actively trade.

You don't know... until your luck runs out.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bnjmnkent

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:11:19 AM

Learn by doing.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:23:18 AM

So how does one know if a trader's success is due superior skill or just plain old luck?
According to every serious study that has been done on this topic: there is no such thing as skill - just illusions created by our inability to understand randomness accurately.

The only way to consistently beat the market is to cheat.
bnjmnkent

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:05:59 AM

Serious references, please.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:03:35 AM

So how does one know if a trader's success is due superior skill or just plain old luck?
According to every serious study that has been done on this topic: there is no such thing as skill - just illusions created by our inability to understand randomness accurately.

The only way to consistently beat the market is to cheat.

So are you cheating when you buy BTC which outperforms the S&P 500?

Xiaoma

Activity: 133

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:24:57 AM

answer to OP: right now Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: