Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a problem with BTC-E lately?  (Read 875 times)
coqui33 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 03:24:15 PM

I notice that BTC-E is currently about ten dollars under CBX or Bitstamp. This usually means that it is hard to get fiat into an exchange or hard to get BTC out of it. Does anyone know if there is a problem with BTC-E lately?

Armed Citizens and the Law -- NRA-certified firearms instructor
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 11:56:51 PM

Hard to get fiat in.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 01:22:54 AM

I get fiat into btc-e via OKpay. It's quite easy for me.

FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:25:24 AM

I'm guessing you don't live in the US.
coqui33 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 04:01:25 AM

Interesting. I am in Florida. On 9/9/13 I sent an international wire  transfer for about $5K to BTC-E from my Bank of America account. It went through without any problem.

If USD wire transfers to BTC-E have become problematic within the past month, I would prefer to buy my next batch from Bitstamp, even if it costs more, than to have a wire transfer to BTC-E get delayed or lost.

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:17:28 AM

Yeah, anyone with any more current information is encouraged to post. Might save people a headache.

Thanks.

Smiley

-----

Heard near the water cooler:

"So did you hear about that exchange?"
"Which one?"
"That one that is a hassle to use, hard to get fiat in and out and offers a completely different exchange rate to all the others?"
"Huh? That could be just about all of them!"
"I guess..."

Wink

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 11:01:35 AM

Interesting. I am in Florida. On 9/9/13 I sent an international wire  transfer for about $5K to BTC-E from my Bank of America account. It went through without any problem.

If USD wire transfers to BTC-E have become problematic within the past month, I would prefer to buy my next batch from Bitstamp, even if it costs more, than to have a wire transfer to BTC-E get delayed or lost.

IIRC the reports I've seen, BTC-E has changed its wire receiving bank at least once in the past couple months...

Also, whatever their ticker API is that the IOS app Bitcoin Ticker by Magnus Skjegstad pulls from, it's been down for days, no ticker data at all.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
coqui33 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 11:29:58 AM

IIRC the reports I've seen, BTC-E has changed its wire receiving bank at least once in the past couple months...

Also, whatever their ticker API is that the IOS app Bitcoin Ticker by Magnus Skjegstad pulls from, it's been down for days, no ticker data at all.
Thanks. I guess I will get my next batch through Bitstamp.

FullLife

Activity: 503

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:27:30 PM

Thanks. I guess I will get my next batch through Bitstamp.

You could always send CampBX a USPS money order.  I'm in North Carolina and I sent them one via Priority Mail at 4pm on the 16th (Wed).  It was credited to my account today at 9am.
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:58:27 PM

Wired USD to BTC-e by Swift on Wed 16th Oct. Not yet credited and now they asking for a copy of the Swift even though i have supplied them with the bank TRN. Sigh. I'll say one thing about Gox - they were always very quick at crediting fiat. Oh well maybe there'll be a little crash by the time the funds are finally credited so I get to buy some cheap coins.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 11:59:59 PM

Troll box seems to indicate that all is well. BTC has been cheaper than Bitstamp for quite some time now.... it's always been a hassle to get money in, but better for bigger amounts since they started taking US wires I think. I thought they were still working.... sorry, no experience, personally.
coqui33 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:11:13 PM

You could always send CampBX a USPS money order.  I'm in North Carolina and I sent them one via Priority Mail at 4pm on the 16th (Wed).  It was credited to my account today at 9am.
CBX was my preferred exchange when Dwolla worked. But now that Dwolla has cut them off, I hesitate to snail-mail them paper. I tried sending CBX a personal check a couple of months ago, as a test. It took them well over two weeks to credit my account, long after the funds were deducted from my checking account. If they get ACH working well, I shall probably switch back to CBX. But I will not snail-mail them paper again.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 08:58:15 AM

BTC-e is usually pretty good about this kind of stuff, though I know they did recently switch banks for USD deposits and there were some issues initially, but I think they have now been resolved (cannot confirm though).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 01:20:57 PM

I'm guessing you don't live in the US.

Of course not. See my sig.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: