Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $20-ish correction soon, then climb continues  (Read 5272 times)
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

Just a prediction. I'm not sure exactly when timeline-wise the $20-ish correction downwards will come, but it'll happen around when we hit about $200. This will be triggered by two forms of short-term speculation:

(1): Miners, who have been mining at a loss for a while, will have reached a point at which they can actually take some USD profit. While obviously many miners will be in it for the long-haul, or just want BTC, a fair amount I suspect will sell at levels about $200/coin.

(2): A huge sell wall is likely to build at about $200, due to the top reason and just the psychological barrier, which is likely to intimidate bulls in the short-term. When we stall out, we'll likely get a bearish wedge formation that will break downwards, only to just continue back up once everybody realizes that nothing is actually happening.

(3): Obviously people who bought around $200 last bubble will jump on this to sell. Another such point will be obviously at $266.

Just my thoughts.

Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:54:56 PM

just wanted to start a thread about this

it will be a good buy opportunity!
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:06:20 PM

Yup.

The thing I can't figure out though, is whether Gox is more likely to bounce off, bringing Bitstamp with it, or will gox climb to about $220, while bitstamp hits $200, and then the Bitstamp, having the wedge, falls, bringing Gox with it, and then Gox's $200 proceeds to act as a support, actually ending the $20 slide.

If its the latter, this is still a fairly good buying opportunity (right now.) If its the former, you'll likely be able to buy at $150-$160 again in the near future on Bitstamp, so no need to get too worried.

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:07:30 PM

We hit $195 briefly, then sell off came. Afterwards 10k btc ask appear till 200, so i believe part who want to sell around 200 are in the asks.
Dumping is less and less rewarding, having no reversing effect, only giving less dollar, a sign of bubbling trend.
I'm more inclined to believe $250 is the figure to be met with great resistance, being the big psychological barrier close to ATH of 266.
If we past it, then peak should be easily above $290.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:07:39 PM

place your bids

only 2 days higher than today Smiley

and one of those days, we also hit 105 Wink

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

and one of those days, we also hit 105 Wink
Man, I wish I could get that price now ~.~

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:15:31 PM

A correction would make reasonable sense and would be healthy for the market. Permabears would scream victory before shutting up as it climbs again.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

A correction would make reasonable sense and would be healthy for the market. Permabears would scream victory before shutting up as it climbs again.

We could use a good, strong, ABC correction, but I doubt the bulls will let such an opportunity pass for long.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:47:25 PM

In order to clarify if we are on a parabolic trajectory or not, the price level after the correction will be most helpful.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:10:31 PM

wait, what happened to $160?
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:55:11 PM

Hmmm, could that be the long-awaited correction?

I doubt it. If it is, I'll be very disappointed. It came too soon, and was too small, to count as a legitimate correction, IMO.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:21:38 PM

I doubt it. If it is, I'll be very disappointed. It came too soon, and was too small, to count as a legitimate correction, IMO.

That was A.  Soon we'll have the upmove for B, then C down.  C should extend 1.6 times as far as A.  But then again, this is bitcoin, so anything can happen.

theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:27:47 PM

That was A.  Soon we'll have the upmove for B, then C down.  C should extend 1.6 times as far as A.  But then again, this is bitcoin, so anything can happen.

Where were the upward waves? I just see one big upward movement, TBH.

The only charts that ever seem to move in elliot waves to me are traditional forex charts. Anything that is more news/speculation affected seems to just trend until some news happens, or just generally act ballistic like Bitcoin.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:31:55 PM

That was A.  Soon we'll have the upmove for B, then C down.  C should extend 1.6 times as far as A.  But then again, this is bitcoin, so anything can happen.

The only charts that ever seem to move in elliot waves to me are traditional forex charts. Anything that is more news/speculation affected seems to just trend until some news happens, or just generally act ballistic like Bitcoin.

We have completed wave 5 off the $65 bottom.  This 5 wave structure, IMO, is wave 1 of the all time 5th wave.  Wave 1 ended at $32, 3 at $266, and we are starting wave 5.  After a decent correction, we will have wave 3 up that should be larger than wave 1.  This is, of course, only one possible scenario.  I can't predict the future.

KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:37:30 PM

I can't predict the future.

That kind of rational humility has no place in these forums. Tongue

They're trying to buy all the coins. 
We must not let them.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:42:14 PM

That was A.  Soon we'll have the upmove for B, then C down.  C should extend 1.6 times as far as A.  But then again, this is bitcoin, so anything can happen.

We have completed wave 5 off the $65 bottom.  This 5 wave structure, IMO, is wave 1 of the all time 5th wave.  Wave 1 ended at $32, 3 at $266, and we are starting wave 5.  After a decent correction, we will have wave 3 up that should be larger than wave 1.  This is, of course, only one possible scenario.  I can't predict the future.

So by this theory, basically each "bubble" was an upward "all time" wave, and each "crash" was a downward "all time" wave?

That means that wave 5 began at $57, correct? So, by this theory, we're going to have to break $400 in all-time-wave-5, before correcting downward to about $32?

Wow, thats going to be a slight issue, is it not? I mean, its bitcoin, so I'm not disputing that it has the potential to happen, but... yea.

EDIT: have you tried applying the elliot wave on a log chart? Maybe that would prevent those wild swings from being quite so wild.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:47:30 PM

Log vs. Linear doesn't change the wave structure, but sometimes changing the axis can make it a little easier to recognize the structure.  For long term, there really isn't much option but log or percentage since otherwise everything before 8 months ago is flat on a linear scale.

Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 06:56:46 PM

It appears many new faces have entered the market and are entering the market.  My feeling is there will likely be corrections perhaps near the $200 mark (which is arbitrary after all) but the general longer-term trend will be upward.  Once $200 is well broken in then the next psychological barrier may be much higher.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:12:00 PM

Looks like the OP was right, so how high will we climb? $300 by Christmas doesn't seem extravagant.
danyy

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:19:21 PM

a small dump already happened at 194, yesterday night

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: