Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinplorer: most advanced profit simulator, multi currency explorer & more  (Read 5497 times)
crazydownloaded (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

Crazy!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:05:42 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 04:01:49 PM by crazydownloaded

Hi guys!
The website is online for quite a while now, but wasn't really stable. It's now ready for its grand opening! I'm very excited to share it with you, there is a LOT of features that aren't available ANYWHERE else.
Base URL: http://coinplorer.com

Main features:

- Most advanced profit simulator so far. You can add YOUR hardware to the list and have ROI for each of them. Different difficulty extrapolation algorithms are supported (linear, flat, exponential or manual input, feel free to propose more). You can simulate profits in BTC of course, but also in all other currencies we support. You can save and share the simulations even if you don't have an account (but it's better if you have one Smiley -- 3 auth methods to retrieve your saved simulations: url key, cookie key (go to hardware > create or retrieve a simulation to get the list of your previously saved simulations) and account.

- Multi currency block explorer; importation progresses can be found on http://coinplorer.com/Console/Status2 (I heavily rely on the official daemons of each currency to import the blockchains and I can guarantee you some of them are a real pain in the *** and none of them is really fast or stable! => for example, the worst are BTCT (VERY slow, crashes a lot, I guess because people are doing experiments on it), XPM (sooooooo slow!), FRC and ANC (crashes all the time)):
Anoncoin ANC
BBQCoin BQC
BitBar BTB
Bitcoin BTC
Bitcoin Testnet BTCT
Bytecoin BTE
CHNCoin CNC
CryptogenicBullion CGB
DigitalCoin DGC
FeatherCoin FTC
Franko FRK
Freicoin FRC
JunkCoin JKC
Litecoin LTC
Megacoin MEC
Mincoin MNC
NovaCoin NVC
Phenixcoin PXC
Primecoin XPM
Terracoin TRC
Worldcoin WDC
YACoin YAC
NMC, PPC, DVC, IXC not supported because of their clients (see http://coinplorer.com/Pages/FAQ).
Some currencies have better support than others as I rely on their clients (some doesn't even tell the vout addresses or even the vin txid! If those currencies ever get their clients corrected the importations will automatically be corrected).
NB: If the status page fails to load some currencies or is very slow to load some currency, it means their client is faulty (they are ALL hosted on the same server, running the exact same way, and the server is far from being overloaded).
The BTC client is probably the more reliable, even if I'm running 12 (!) clients simultaneously to make it able to import all transactions of blocks within an acceptable timeframe.

- Multi currency exchange rates charts here: you can basically graph any currency in any other (from the simplest, aka BTC in USD, to the most complicated, for example CGB in AUD or even petroleum price in BTC -- exotic graph loading might take a few seconds (because of cache warm up), just wait ^^). I had no success displaying this on the charts, but everywhere an exchange rate is displayed, placing your mouse over will show you how it's computed after a few ms of wait.

- Difficulty charts and predictions, with a very nice look (you can feel it much better on a chart than with just numbers)

- Mining hardware comparison, a classic (I needed a list for the profit simulator)

- Currencies profit comparison, a classic too (given the base I had, it was "free" to do). I wasn't able to properly distinguish "miners rewards" from "foundation donations" on FRC, leading to a wrong calculation for FRC (divide the profitability of it by ~3 currently). If anyone have an idea on how to distinguish rewards from donations GENERALLY SPEAKING (I don't want any currency specific code), just let me know!

- Discussions which are a mix between a forum and a chat (each topic can be seen as a channel). This is very basic for the moment, but will improve over time.

Coming soon: maybe a donation widget and/or an exchange rate widget.
Coming a little bit later: portfolio manager (input your addresses and it will tell you how much you own in any currency), mining rig manager (watch your speed, change the settings of your workers, alerts, etc.), API.

How it works:
- Full blockchains are imported into a MongoDB datastore, with very little changes from the clients outputs (only normalizations of the outputs + denormalization of some parts of the data to speed up some queries)
- There is a "watchdog" that reboot the currencies server when some of the clients are down or irresponsive (because stopping the clients via RPC just doesn't work most of the time when clients stop responding... I found a reboot to be easier than killing the faulty clients)
- The importer always look for inconsistencies in the imported things with a full check every week (friday nights).
- Exchange rates are retrieved from the major exchanges (Mtgox, Bistamp, BTC-E, BTER, Cryptsy, The Rock Trading, Vircurex, Coinchoose, Bitcoincharts, European central bank and OpenExchangerates (the latter 2 to have fiat currencies exchange rates) and combined together (an exchange rate object is currently more than 8 500 combinations of currencies!)

Interrested in the project?
Participate on the discussions threads Smiley I'm always looking for moderators, admins, etc.!

I gladly welcome any bug report or feature request.

Disclaimer:
Do NOT rely on the provided data, it can always have a bug somewhere! I'm very dependent from outputs of the clients and how MongoDB want to works (sometimes it's very lazy!).
Despite more stable now, it's still in an early beta stage.

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

(reserved)

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:55:30 PM

Damn, I wonder if I posted this in the good forum...

Est. February 2012
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:07:36 AM

Cool website! I like it! Have you through about replacing the front page forum with a chat box?
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:12:45 AM

Cool website! I like it! Have you through about replacing the front page forum with a chat box?

Thx. Why not, good idea,  even if the chat box is already embedded in all pages.

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:14:33 AM

Updated: simulations charting (now consistent across the website), ability to enable/disable pieces of hardware in one click.
Next: diff prediction, then direct input for simulations difficulties

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:54:02 AM

Completed difficulty prediction, pretty satisfied by the result: http://coinplorer.com/Charts/Difficulty/BTC

Est. February 2012
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:09:18 AM

Would be cool to have a listing of the latest crypto news stories.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2207

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 01:05:09 PM

You use Mt.Gox to convert BTC to USD? Come on. Please use BitCoinAverage or something like that.
Nobody will give you $180 when the average price is $162.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:36:47 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 02:58:26 PM by crazydownloaded

You use Mt.Gox to convert BTC to USD? Come on. Please use BitCoinAverage or something like that.
Nobody will give you $180 when the average price is $162.

I'm not asking anybody to give me $180. The data only needs to be consistent across the days. I choose mtgox as the reference because they still (unfortunately) have 50% of the total traded volume.
If you put your mouse over a price it will tell you how it's calculated (doesn't work on charts though).
In the simulations you can input the exchange rate you want (people usually simulate with the current exchange rate to calculate their ROI, but the exchange rate will NOT be the same when you'll sell your BTC).

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

I just completed the "manual input" for the difficulty extrapolation. You basically input the date and value of the changes and that's it!

Est. February 2012
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:41:17 PM

Nice website.

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:52:16 AM

Nice website.

thanks Smiley

Est. February 2012
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:29:52 AM

Just pushed up a nice update to the difficulty prediction, have a look: http://coinplorer.com/Charts/Difficulty/BTC

Est. February 2012
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 567

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:24:34 PM

nice website and awesome graphs. Looking forward to use this in the future

crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:18:42 PM

nice website and awesome graphs. Looking forward to use this in the future

Thanks. I just finished completely rewriting the difficulty charts and predictions (see http://coinplorer.com/Charts/Difficulty/BTC), for the second time.
Predictions are now very accurate and I even display the hash power extrapolation I use for difficulty prediction.
You can even play with the "Average hash power over" input to see it changing (to have more accuracy, <=4 days is averaged to 4 days for prediction and >=14 days is averaged to 14 days).
Difficulty changed today Sad so the next prediction might not be hyper reliable yet, but I believe it's the most reliable out there.

Est. February 2012
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:18:28 PM

wheres mastercoin dude?Huh??
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:43:24 PM

It's listed in "purgatory" on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0
(there is also some currency listed in the purgatory that I support, but it was because there were in Minor or Candidated when I added them).
"MST MasterCoin- premined LTC clone"

Est. February 2012
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:12:08 AM

(there is also some currency listed in the purgatory that I support, but it was because there were in Minor or Candidated when I added them).

No wrong mastercoin, check my signature
crazydownloaded (OP)

Crazy!

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:00:57 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 12:48:13 AM by crazydownloaded

No wrong mastercoin, check my signature

OK, sorry, "-MSC mastercoin- Not launchet yet, but you can buy them already. coins created by buying them with bitcoins. operates on a bitcoin blockchain.".
I can add it if it satisfies the requirements:

We choose to heavily rely on coin's clients: this enables us to potentially support ANY bitcoin-like cryptocurrency, even if their internal algorithms or exchanges are totally different.

We basically uses those clients as an "API" to providing an access to their blockchains objects. Those clients can be of any kind, as soon as they provides an RPC interface.

The only required conditions are:

If the daemon runs in our servers, it must be able to run under Linux Debian x64, be open sourced and have its source code hosted on a git repository (so we can update it easily)
The daemon supports getblockcount (returning the number of blocks in the chain)
The daemon provides a way to get a block by height (either direct, for example getblockbyheight or indirect, for example getblockhash then getblock)
The daemon provides a way to get any non wallet transaction by txid (either direct, for example gettransaction or indirect, for example getrawtransaction then decoderawtransaction). If those details are included in the blocks, it could be fine too.
The JSON outputs are similar to the outputs of the official bitcoind daemon

Est. February 2012
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: