Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A bad timing to invest in an ICO? What are your insights?  (Read 810 times)
davenjulio (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

"PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:56:04 AM
Merited by xianbits (2)

I noticed that most of the coins/tokens that was launch now are almost behind their ICO value by almost 25-50%, Basically if you purchased in the ICO someone could even double their holdings with the same amount that you used during your ICO purchased. So for me it will be wise to purchase in the exchanger but the risk is few of them wants to delayed their market launch due to market situation.
I also noticed that if the bounties are released in the same date with the investors the possible scenario is the coin/token will going to dump once it hits the exchanger, so better sell and rebuy once it dips because no matter what they say the bounties are free money and someone which is not a hodler will going to sell her/his holding once the coin/token hits the market ( always check the realease date of the bounties). I'm not an expert but tried to share my insights according to my experience, I'm an small ICO investors and the same time bounty hunter. Thanks and Godbless!!!

╰ PlayHall ╯ ● Pre-sale starts at 10 AM EST (New York Time), February 26, 2018  (https://goo.gl/FrA9Zp) ●
| THE FIRST MULTI-CRYPT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:13:21 AM

I noticed that most of the coins/tokens that was launch now are almost behind their ICO value by almost 25-50%, Basically if you purchased in the ICO someone could even double their holdings with the same amount that you used during your ICO purchased. So for me it will be wise to purchase in the exchanger but the risk is few of them wants to delayed their market launch due to market situation.
I also noticed that if the bounties are released in the same date with the investors the possible scenario is the coin/token will going to dump once it hits the exchanger, so better sell and rebuy once it dips because no matter what they say the bounties are free money and someone which is not a hodler will going to sell her/his holding once the coin/token hits the market ( always check the realease date of the bounties). I'm not an expert but tried to share my insights according to my experience, I'm an small ICO investors and the same time bounty hunter. Thanks and Godbless!!!
That's why I somehow have double thoughts (and for sure many are) about the idea in joining an ICO. Instead of participating even in the presale stage, where the most bonuses are offered, it is now a wise choice to just wait for it to hit the exchanges and let the dumpers do their job. But of course, if this is how we all think, I'm afraid there will be no more successful ICOs in the future, lol.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
sanjishi4

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:18:04 AM

ICO only allows us to participate in a project at a lower cost. Of course, the risk is higher because you do not know whether the project will be successful or whether it is a scam.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:18:17 AM

Hmm, that's a valuable advices but  wheb it comes about the ICO investing I am too lazy to track such price movements (maybe that's because I don't invest much in a single coin and won't get a good benefit from small movements). I prefer to buy some coins (not always during the ICO) and then wait untill they make at least x2-3. I'm sure that most of the minor ICO investors are doing like I do but your notifications are also interesting.

1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:21:39 AM

I think its just happening these days all thanks to the Great depression going on in the market. There is no guarantee as to it. I have seen a lot of tokens that have skyrocketed just after the ICO. Its doesn't matters that if their price came down back again after that skyrocketing because that's what all market is. I still feel investing in ICO is profitable if you find a good ICO like VLB token or so. VLB is a great ICO and I guarantee its price will skyrocket once it gets listed.
davenjulio (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

"PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:38:38 AM

That's why I somehow have double thoughts (and for sure many are) about the idea in joining an ICO. Instead of participating even in the presale stage, where the most bonuses are offered, it is now a wise choice to just wait for it to hit the exchanges and let the dumpers do their job. But of course, if this is how we all think, I'm afraid there will be no more successful ICOs in the future, lol.
YES your right. Me one month ago i'am a pure ICO investor especially when i really like the project not even joining bounties, but i started to noticed the trend that most of the bounties are being dump once released that's why i tried to do the bounty hunting to atleast increase my holdings. I think ICO which are doing bounties should stick to their one month rule before releasing the bounties to let the coin/token to breath some space against dumping, it will also give ICO investors healthy feeling.

╰ PlayHall ╯ ● Pre-sale starts at 10 AM EST (New York Time), February 26, 2018  (https://goo.gl/FrA9Zp) ●
| THE FIRST MULTI-CRYPT
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:41:07 AM

There is no doubt that participating in ICO is not a smart choice at the moment.
I think the best way is to buy these tokens directly on the exchange.

crypto_lad

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:17:57 AM

Currently the whole market is witnessing a slump. This due to factors as the congressional hearing, Google and the SEC crackdown.

I think it will all normalize in a few months when things settle down a bit. When people realize that US legislation is not the end of the world. Investments are so fluid now, and will just move elsewhere.
Totoff

Activity: 142
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:24:55 AM

I wanted to invest a little in THE ABYSS, but as many of you had certainly hear, the sale is postponed to April 16.... they had problem with KYC,
But I wanted to have your opinion about this ICO, because it seems to be interesting and can be also a serious competitor to Steam..

Bitcointalk Member

IEOCUhdWQD58SCKvuRPcK/ezqptGuDJ13bHnI0tWGRYPSInzaXupC3pTcrQWxfhSyMhX8G5tw6r5U2kLHJN/4+A=
Offend

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:58:09 AM

nope, try BPS an ICO from bitpaction.com. You can visit the site for more details and whitepaper.
Nowherman

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:12:23 AM

It's necessary to search for high-ranking ICO projects in which the price of tokens at the end of the ICO is usually 2-3 times higher.
For example, the ABT tokens of the ArcBlock project cost $ 0.50 during the ICO, immediately after they entered the crypto exchange
their price was $ 1.25. In connection with the general fall of the crypto market, their price is $ 0.72 now.

Totoff

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:19:06 AM

It's necessary to search for high-ranking ICO projects in which the price of tokens at the end of the ICO is usually 2-3 times higher.
For example, the ABT tokens of the ArcBlock project cost $ 0.50 during the ICO, immediately after they entered the crypto exchange
their price was $ 1.25. In connection with the general fall of the crypto market, their price is $ 0.72 now.

Ok, but how to know before what’s going to be their price on exchange when you are just going to buy in their ICO ? No one can predict... no ?

Bitcointalk Member

IEOCUhdWQD58SCKvuRPcK/ezqptGuDJ13bHnI0tWGRYPSInzaXupC3pTcrQWxfhSyMhX8G5tw6r5U2kLHJN/4+A=
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:25:19 AM

There is a bad and good timing in investing in ICO. As long as we are carefully selecting the best ICO there is always a chance for everyone to earn and then we can achieve the success that we all have been waiting for.

auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:28:58 AM

to be honest I like ico that does not offer bonuses, because the bonus will only be dumped by the investor to return part of his capital. there are also some investors who buy when bounty hunter dumped the reward of the campaign and I see sometimes its price is very low below the ico price.
Totoff

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:34:53 AM

to be honest I like ico that does not offer bonuses, because the bonus will only be dumped by the investor to return part of his capital. there are also some investors who buy when bounty hunter dumped the reward of the campaign and I see sometimes its price is very low below the ico price.

Certainly a very good advice, I will take a look of this kind of ICO now

Bitcointalk Member

Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:38:17 AM

The best method with ICO's for me is as follows: find interesting ICO/s, wait until the sale is finished and token is listed on small exchange with poor liquidity, place your orders lower than ICO price because bounty hunters and pre-sale buyers are selling. Get it really cheap. Wait until token is listed on bigger exchange/exchanges. It will grow in value significantly. The last step is sell and get profit. Worked for me very well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:40:47 AM

It's amazing that you did not know about such investment tactics. The research was not make by me, but, as I see, more than 90% of all tokens when listed on exchange the currency fall in price. I never bought ICO. I'm waiting for a listing on the exchange, set orders for buy 30-50% below the price ICO and always buy. This was as rule in 2017 too.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

yes thats true, this time is a bad phase to join an ico because you will only lose money. better wait q2 or q3 in 2018 if you intend to follow ico
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:45:24 AM

Well if you'll think about it, now's actually a good time for fiat investors because the BTC and ETH are almost on few months-low level.

On the other hand, it's all about thinking forward I guess. Successful ICOs have their tokens increase in value after some time. Just take a look at ETH.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:45:38 AM

Exactly, it is what happening now a days. As the values are dropping for the ICO the values are dropping in the exchangers too. This is what happened with one of the project that I invested into and thats SCL. The value of this token at the time of ICO was more than 55 cents and now look at the exchanger value of the same, it is around 20 cents. I mean come on for me I will need to take more efforts than normal investors to get my ROI back and earn profits on top of that. Do you think that is fair thing to know?  I think most of the people will hate this and they will hate the projects also as they loose their investment.

Yeah I agree with you that this is very bad timing to invest in ICO, its better get those coins which you always wished to and they are now on the exchanger. Thats better than enough.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: