Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A bad timing to invest in an ICO? What are your insights?  (Read 810 times)
messito

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:40:00 PM

You wrote the author correctly and thanks for the advice. Now it’s really not the best time for investments from start-ups, but it seems to me that everything will change in a short time and it will again be possible to earn very well on this

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:57:19 PM

The timing can indeed be a problem for people who really want some profit from ICOs. The general downtrend we have right now around the crypto market just makes people unsure about their ICO tokens /coins they have got/bought. And 'cause of that they often times sell them when the coins hit exchanges causing sell-offs and massive price drops with it.

Yes most of the users as well as investors expect a good amount of profit if they invest in the ico but the problem is the market situation and bounty hunters and airdrop users dumping the tokens once it hit the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:03:42 PM

You are right in your observation, this is the reason that ICO developers locked their rewards for a month or even more for bounty hunters so they will not dump their coin and bring down it's value and there are so many times that ICO price is much lower when it hit the market, but ICO cannot get into the exchange if they cannot reach their capitalization.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:14:24 PM

It is actually a bad investment  buying through ICO  these days because by the time your token will be sent to you already you will be 30% down because the bounty hunters had already killed off the market  by dumping their token. I think the bounty rewards should be paid with Ether or BTC to protect the token sold through ICO. If this trend continue it will be so difficult  for ICO to be patronized by investors. If they will pay with Ether the ICO investment will be saved.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:51:04 PM

When investing in ICO we are planning long term. When the coin enter the exchanges it can happen that some hunters dump their tokens, but who cares if we are planning long term. The dump can have only short term effect as the bounty allocations are minor.
Investors can buy more, even cheaper and the price should increase if there is demand for the project  and it`s tokens.

veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:06:42 PM

At the moment it is very difficult to define a successful ico. Now there are a lot of fraudulent projects , so you need to very carefully choose the ico to invest . The second problem is a bear market , which does not allow coins to rise in price . I believe that now is not the right time to invest in the ico and have to wait for the bull market.
wasaisi

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:12:31 PM

I noticed that most of the coins/tokens that was launch now are almost behind their ICO value by almost 25-50%, Basically if you purchased in the ICO someone could even double their holdings with the same amount that you used during your ICO purchased. So for me it will be wise to purchase in the exchanger but the risk is few of them wants to delayed their market launch due to market situation.
I also noticed that if the bounties are released in the same date with the investors the possible scenario is the coin/token will going to dump once it hits the exchanger, so better sell and rebuy once it dips because no matter what they say the bounties are free money and someone which is not a hodler will going to sell her/his holding once the coin/token hits the market ( always check the realease date of the bounties). I'm not an expert but tried to share my insights according to my experience, I'm an small ICO investors and the same time bounty hunter. Thanks and Godbless!!!
Actually if you are ready with anything or the ICO is good or not, why not? Indeed, many ICOs are only concerned with their own team, therefore you have to choose what really makes you have profitable in future that ICO.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:17:33 PM

I noticed that most of the coins/tokens that was launch now are almost behind their ICO value by almost 25-50%, Basically if you purchased in the ICO someone could even double their holdings with the same amount that you used during your ICO purchased. So for me it will be wise to purchase in the exchanger but the risk is few of them wants to delayed their market launch due to market situation.
I also noticed that if the bounties are released in the same date with the investors the possible scenario is the coin/token will going to dump once it hits the exchanger, so better sell and rebuy once it dips because no matter what they say the bounties are free money and someone which is not a hodler will going to sell her/his holding once the coin/token hits the market ( always check the realease date of the bounties). I'm not an expert but tried to share my insights according to my experience, I'm an small ICO investors and the same time bounty hunter. Thanks and Godbless!!!

You are right the ICO value dips upto 50 to 60% when they pitch into exchanges now. The reason again would be the current market situation. But i suggest you to go for long term investment and that's how I planned to do with this red market. Instead of blaming a successful ICO with best project, lets just change the plan to go for a long term investment. Obviously the best projects are going to yield a huge turn over if you hold the tokens for minimum 6 months to 2 years and this is how investors with large capital do so. when you go for cheapest tokens or coins, plan for a long term investment on it and this will return you a decent profit.
Price decrease of tokens when it do hits exchange is just like already a traditional stuff or a common thing that do happen to a certain coin which would lead into investors loss of investment if they do tend to sell out on early phase but same as you said if we do see the project can go up for long term then it is on our choice if we do tend to hold it up for longer durations that is why when you do make investment be sure you do have sufficient capital so that you wont rely or don't mind too much on the tokens you had invested recently.
AndRE177

Activity: 322

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:18:58 PM

The timing can indeed be a problem for people who really want some profit from ICOs. The general downtrend we have right now around the crypto market just makes people unsure about their ICO tokens /coins they have got/bought. And 'cause of that they often times sell them when the coins hit exchanges causing sell-offs and massive price drops with it.

Now most of the projects are very much reduced in price after the end of ICO. Why invest and take risks during ICO, if you can then buy these tokens much cheaper.

Merdeop

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

It is because of the fact that coins often become cheaper after entering the stock exchange, I do not invest in ICOs now. I prefer to buy coins that are already traded on exchanges. I do not want to risk because of the market, which is constantly falling.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
Wexnident

Activity: 2520
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:11:08 AM

I think that depends on your views for the future...If you think that the market will rise again, then this is the time to invest your fiat money in crypto and then some promising ICOs.  If you are hesitant, you can at least join their bounty and once you feel more certain then you can make your contribution.
Majority of the ICO is risky. We cannot really say whether the project will be successful or nah. Therefore it is not just enough to know what are the plans or framework or such but it is indeed important to monitor how the project is doing. But them we can start at knowing everything about the ICO and their projects.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pr0st0Pr0be1
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:00:06 PM

At the moment, it is not worth investing in ICO. First, good projects are waiting for the beginning of a growing market, and secondly, they want to earn their own money.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:06:54 PM

November 2018, forecasts for price increases for this period did not come true.  Moreover, the market showed such a fall in prices that many people in cryptocurrency, just started to panic.  It seems that all the predictions are just words and believe in them at your own peril and risk.  This cryptocurrency is interesting because it is unpredictable.
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:41:03 PM

with the fall in the price of bitcoin, the market falls and the value of coins becomes lower, including ICO coins, it does look bad but if you are a visionary investor then you will consider this moment as your advantage because you can invest in many ICOs with smaller capital

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:09:11 PM

It is a tough time for ICOs this year, as the  market conditions are not favoring them. They lost much value from raised funds as
the majority of them collected their funds in ETH. The interest for investing in ICOs has fallen dramatically from September as the investors
are much more cautious . The ROI from investing in ICOs has declined as they are not profitable as they were earlier.

wanted sliter

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:23:11 PM

it's never a good time to invest in ICOs.
they are too risky. but bring back big profit.
it's worth to consider but never use too much money to buy ICO.

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: