Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:47:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Erupter Blade V2 issue - not powering on  (Read 11393 times)
cyberwarrior (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:22:01 PM

Wonder if someone can help me out, I just received my new blade V2 and I also received my backplane I plugged in my power supply and made sure it was the right model number (HP DPS 800GBA) and installed the blade into slot #1 but no lights from the network connection and when I try the ip address nothing.  Looks like I plugged the blade in the wrong way, turned it around but still nothing.

Can anyone help me out,
Thanks
brucemangy

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:04:09 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 08:15:34 PM by brucemangy

so you did not follow the drawing on the back(bottom)plane ? you most probably plugged 12V to the ground and vice versa ... does it smell weird ? nothing turned black ?
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:08:22 PM

Does not smell weird still has that new electronics smell and nothing has turned black.
tk1337

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:15:31 PM

replace the fuse, you should have received some extra fuses with each blade in a little baggy.
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:22:46 PM

Nope no fuses no little baggy, not even sure where a fuse goes on this blade
tk1337

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:02:25 PM

Nope no fuses no little baggy, not even sure where a fuse goes on this blade

I would contact the person/company you bought them from...

At the very top-left of this picture, you see a little white SMD fuse right next to the power connection.
(Sorry I tried to get a picture without going and taking a picture off my blades, feeling lazy atm....)

The fuses are very small, SMT/SMD fuses... look like this:
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:25:41 PM

My blade does not exactly look like that, is it a V2 blade? I think I see what you are talking about it has an "R" imprinted on it and is dark red in color and below that has F1 imprinted on the board.

I sent a message to SSB about fuses included in the box.

Thanks
tk1337

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:03:28 PM

My blade does not exactly look like that, is it a V2 blade? I think I see what you are talking about it has an "R" imprinted on it and is dark red in color and below that has F1 imprinted on the board.

I sent a message to SSB about fuses included in the box.

Thanks

I thought it was, meh, okay, I stopped being lazy...
(ignore the red / white wires, I ran out of yellow / black when I was making that wire longer)

I'll be completely honest with you, since my blades came from SSB as well... I almost threw these out, it looked like an empty baggy at first I didn't pay any attention to it almost did toss them. So if you still have the packaging, I suggest you go look through it, as I've ordered a lot from SSB and he's never failed to send something out (to me at least).

I already blew one fuse about two weeks ago, of which from the blown fuse, I can't even tell it's blown... just that blade didn't work, was about to make a post then I remembered saving the fuses I almost threw out...
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:08:11 PM

So here is the type of fuse I have:

https://i.imgur.com/ZQcsOYZ.jpg

And here it is on the board, does not look like it can be removed:

https://i.imgur.com/2PVBsUI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FCu3g5r.jpg
tk1337

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:14:17 AM

So here is the type of fuse I have:

And here it is on the board, does not look like it can be removed:

interesting... did they make a different revision of the v2's?... hmm...
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:16:08 AM

Well mine does say Rev version 2.01
tk1337

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:17:38 AM

Well mine does say Rev version 2.01

curious... because...

v1:

and then v2:

and what I can tell from your image, is completely different from both...
tk1337

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:21:48 AM

even more interesting is the fact my blades say "REV 2.01" on them as well...
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:56:25 AM

Ok well SSB has not gotten back to me but I think I will buy a power supply and see if that works could be that the backplane is bad.

Thanks for your help
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:41:02 AM

So SSB got back to me and told me that the new blades don't have fuses, looks like I may have fried the board   D' oh!     Angry
tk1337

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:54:24 AM

So SSB got back to me and told me that the new blades don't have fuses, looks like I may have fried the board   D' oh!     Angry

well that sucks, sorry to hear...

I still find it strange, that we both have "REV 2.01" but they are actually different boards.
cyberwarrior (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:33:50 AM

Hey I have a new question and maybe you can help

Do you have a backplane and if so what kind of surface did you lay it on, was wondering if I lay it on a metal surface will that short out the backplane.

I am use to putting motherboards on standoffs when I build a new computer rig.

Thanks again for your help
tk1337

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:00:16 AM

Hey I have a new question and maybe you can help

Do you have a backplane and if so what kind of surface did you lay it on, was wondering if I lay it on a metal surface will that short out the backplane.

I am use to putting motherboards on standoffs when I build a new computer rig.

Thanks again for your help

I'm running 4 without a backplane, however, I used Plasticoat and coated the entire inside of an old case just to make sure nothing grounded out. Might help ya Wink
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 07:46:37 AM

well that sucks, sorry to hear...

I still find it strange, that we both have "REV 2.01" but they are actually different boards.

That is not true

They have SMD R code fuse, 3A, just unsloder old and put new one.

Smiley
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

The blade I just received a week and some ago also doesn't have a socketed fuse, but the "R" labeled device alongside the power connector is indeed a fuse. It's not 3A though, or someone's a fool - these blades are rated to pull at least 7A stock.

I blew the fuse on mine but didn't have any replacements, so I soldered on an automotive fuse in place and it's been working since.

Not sure if these blades are equipped with reverse protection diodes, but it would make sense - basically a diode reverse-biased on the power rails so if you ever plug it in backward it blows the fuse quickly, ideally before reverse voltage has a chance to fry anything important. If that's the case, very likely replacing the fuse (I believe the stock fuse is around 8A, mine blew after 30 hours of handling 11.4A so not sure how much I trust 'em anyway) might bring it back to life.

As for "different" V2.01 models, I think the PCB is the same, just populated slightly differently. Appears that recently they changed the fuse installation, VRM output capacitors and a few other little things - probably to save a few cents per board.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: