Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will it take before bountyhunters be out of a job?  (Read 667 times)
Bittrac67all

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:42:04 AM

I absolutely agree with you. i dont see the positive moments in spamming in social media like fb,twitter,reddit and so on. So why these services began blocking spammers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:59:28 AM

I'm not sure about the claim that these bounties do not bring awareness and value. One thing is clear though. It increases visibility. And also the ads on facebook, twitter, etc. are not so different from spammers. The particular feature of a spammer is that they lack respect for others. So, yeah, facebook, twitter ads are more like official spammers. lol Anyway, the real bad thing about these bounty campaigns is that the hunters are not afraid to spam with fake reviews, even without knowing the project themselves, claiming something like, amazing project, great project, etc. etc.
JanEmil

Activity: 2282
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 11:47:26 AM

I see first hand that the average bountyhunter spams his/her Twitter and/or Fb accounts with all the bountys they joined. To me this brings absolutly no awerness and value to these projects.
If I would organise a ICO, I would never use bountyhunters to create online exposure, but just pay a agency to help promote it

Any thoughts?

Bountyhunters can be paid with new coins.
Agency, google ads etc want $$$.
Most project don't have any money so they choose to just give away new coins.
Altcoindealer

Activity: 699
Merit: 135

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:33:43 PM

I see first hand that the average bountyhunter spams his/her Twitter and/or Fb accounts with all the bountys they joined. To me this brings absolutly no awerness and value to these projects.
If I would organise a ICO, I would never use bountyhunters to create online exposure, but just pay a agency to help promote it

Any thoughts?

Its very rare that someone sees the retweets and thinks of investing in this ICO. They need the count next to te retweet and like buttons thats all. But do not underestimate bounty campaigns. Even on this forum. Because they are a lot of people, who are in to bitcoin since beginning. And there are a lot of people here who has 500Bitcoins and more and are ready to invest. So investing in bounty campaigns it a good way to earn more money for a ico.
ND

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 10:51:41 AM

Any thoughts?
First of all, I can not name it spam - it is his account and he can do whatever he wants with it. And I also think that bountyhanters will have some job at least for the near 2-3 years, but for new participants it will be harder to earn something...
Sanjeewa101

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

I think the Bounty campaigns is the best way to promote ICO.
ICO team should be avoid to spammers, They can strick their bounty rules to avoid bad spammers and Take a good promotion freely thorough crypto related people.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:59:27 PM

Any thoughts?

Its very rare that someone sees the retweets and thinks of investing in this ICO. They need the count next to te retweet and like buttons thats all. But do not underestimate bounty campaigns. Even on this forum. Because they are a lot of people, who are in to bitcoin since beginning. And there are a lot of people here who has 500Bitcoins and more and are ready to invest. So investing in bounty campaigns it a good way to earn more money for a ico.

"Its very rare that someone sees the retweets and thinks of investing in this ICO" - Do you have data to backup this claim?
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:39:11 PM

hope that market regulates itself
you think that bountyhunters earn millions ? Smiley 95% of the tokens become worthless as soon as the participants dump them
those who are first,get some coins,if any,those who are late get peanuts not worth talking about
probably 90% of all ICOs pay less than 1-2$ very rare cases 5-20$,yes there are some that are solid and worth keeping
but bountyhunters don't care,usually and sell as soon as they can

You are right. I don't understand why people don't like spam from people who want to earn some money. People from poor countries have not a normal work and forced to work on promotion scam ICOs.
chinaprofitpro

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:38:08 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 12:16:19 PM by chinaprofitpro

People comes to crypto via points of contact..
Remember yourself. How did you come to crypto? Did you hear about BTC first time and enter search query? NO, you've heard it several times, before you begin to interest in it
That's exactly how social media  and advertising industry works. It’s mental level. We can't control it. That's why we buy BEST products .
If you see advertisement several times- you will be interested. If you see advertisement one time- NO INTEREST.
If you see  company many times- you will be interested in it..
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:18:40 PM

It's always depend I think how the bounty hunters is doing his job. I what I always suggest, a bounty hunter should join a campaign that he believe. Meaning, a project that he likes or love or his values is align to it. That way, he/she is inspired doing his forum posting and could be able to provide constructive data to the marketplace. I joined one bounty campaign but it was not able to reach the softcap, therefore it failed. But it of the day, I was able to took part of a project that I believe in. Many people was able to learn about it. And I'm sure in the near future, they will relaunch their project and hopefully that time it will be successful.
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:19:15 AM

Any thoughts?

yes twitter and facebook bounties are mostly ridiculous and create very little value. I think bounty is a good idea, but it needs to be used the right way by choosing the participants for example only for btt signature bounty and really rewards those who can create genuine content instead of "when moon?" stuff
23xfi

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:47:54 PM

I think it really depends on what kind of bounty works these bounty hunters are doing. For example, yes, spamming Twitter and Facebook might bring bad publicity and also annoy others. However, doing translation work and writing up high-quality articles will really help these ICOs. A well-made youtube video, which can cost a lot of money can be paid in tokens as well. I am seeing more and more ICOs that do not offer bounty works like Faceter, and I think that’s good because that means they are using professional service.

I agree with you on this. We cannot discard all bounty hunters just because of one section of the crowd. Some really great jobs are being done by translators and content creators who take time out to craft a message for their audience.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:13:56 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 08:25:09 AM by eagle10

Any thoughts?

I don't think so. Bounty hunters are the best way to spread your campaign and awareness to the masses. And they are everywhere targeting prospect anytime of the day because they are working worldwide. So the dissemination of the information spread like a wildfire. Like talking to a network to network. See the difference? The bounty hunters are bringing the ICO campaign to a personal level.

Facebook and twitter might look like spamming your page but how can you target the few if you can't use your page? I know there are some which might become interested in what you are posting and some are not. What I mean is that you can struck gold in the dust.
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:19:44 PM

The answer is too simple - until this guy will be I.

Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:40:17 PM

I don't know until when bounty programs will remain. But i am of those people who want bounty programs to remain still. Because its the only way we can earn some profit. Because we don't have any capital to spare in doing trading or investing.
oleksiivinogradov
Copper Member

Activity: 112

I'm a serial entrepreneur and investor

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 02:49:46 PM

Any thoughts?
Depends from your target. Sometime bountyhunters can start from small steps like twitter and FB and then big fish will coming
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:59:26 AM

Any thoughts?

This is obviously good BUT the exposure that many bounty hunters could give on a project that they are promoting to their crypto aware friends is no doubt a giving a huge impact for it's exposure. Bounty hunters also not that high payed compared to advertising agencies so my suggestion for you OP, create a more organized bounty portal.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:32:32 AM

hope that market regulates itself
you think that bountyhunters earn millions ? Smiley 95% of the tokens become worthless as soon as the participants dump them
those who are first,get some coins,if any,those who are late get peanuts not worth talking about
probably 90% of all ICOs pay less than 1-2$ very rare cases 5-20$,yes there are some that are solid and worth keeping
but bountyhunters don't care,usually and sell as soon as they can

You are right. I don't understand why people don't like spam from people who want to earn some money. People from poor countries have not a normal work and forced to work on promotion scam ICOs.

Would you let hundreds of strangers come to your house, use your resources and women, just because they have nowhere else to go? if yes. what is your secret keeping your women alive after hundreds of men having their way with them? what you expect from this forum to allow you to spam just to earn money is the same. scam ICOs are scam and wont even pay you for spamming.

I don't know until when bounty programs will remain. But i am of those people who want bounty programs to remain still. Because its the only way we can earn some profit. Because we don't have any capital to spare in doing trading or investing.

This forum which is free to post, doesn't have the power to support 1 user posting with 20-200 accounts. here you could protest and moan, in your country start a revolution and demand for jobs. let this place to help another revolution.

rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:09:11 PM

I think that is up to ones managing bounty campaigns, most tweets and fb posts have no value I can see it, but you can choose those making it better.
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

Still if u go on to ICO reviewing site you get the Tweeter and FB activity indicators.
SO its going to be a while till we will be replaced by bots (till the bots are smart enough at least)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: