Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you invest in an ICO developing novel biomedical research?  (Read 457 times)
cryptikco

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:50:58 PM

this does definately not seem like it needs to exist on the blockchain, just want to get some funding for nothing?  Undecided

Did you read the whitepaper or the previous posts?  Having clinical trial data on the blockchain is one of the most important features.  The fact that data and results cannot be tampered with (have you ever heard of Theranos?) is huge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:27:23 PM

Why wouldnt i ? if the project has shown good potentials in the market ? if the proeject will give us a good product/services in the future or if it has a good vision and advisors,good development team that are capable of developing the project? why not? i am too picky with these ICOs that is why i aint going to investd into something that i am not really familiar of.

INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH (OP)

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 11:42:45 PM by INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

My only concern so far is that you are saying that the ICO revenue will go towards developing the blockchain/application and also continuing your research of SupT1 cell infusion.  You have not divulged information about how you plan to allocate the funds between all three projects.  

Dear cryptikco, thank you very much for your question regarding fund distribution. Really appreciated as we will also include this additional information in the whitepaper. We actually plan to allocate roughly 45% of the budget toward the "You're not alone" application, which includes not just software development but also all associated costs such as marketing, ecosystem development, app maintenance, and 55% of the funds toward our AIDS cure research. Our AIDS cure development includes preclinical animal research, and phase 1, 2, 3 human trials.

However, I believe you may have assumed we will develop our own blockchain for the application as you are saying funds would go toward blockchain development. Am I correct? In such a case, that is a wrong assumption. We plan to use the Etherum blockchain and store data in smart contracts.

I realize that the whitepaper assumes incoming ad revenue, but the number feels off by orders of magnitude.  I am surprised that you think 25k-50k visits per day equates to 50k-100k USD per month.

Debetable. It all depends on your estimated RPM, which in turn is highly variable and depends on many factors such as traffic, CRT (click-through-rate), CPC (cost per click). Average RPM can be as low as 0.5$ for broad niches or as high as 100$ for competitive niches. For instance, with a very narrow nice such as the HIV seropositve community, we estimated ads from pharmaceutical corporations selling popular HIV related producs (e.g., PrEP medications used for a seronegative partner) corresponding to an average RPM of 66$, which with 25k visits/day would generate roughly 50k$/month. The key here is that we aim to have a highly targeted audience resulting in greater relevancy and therefore RPM. However, I understand where you are coming from, and we will explain more clearly in the whitepaper how we estimated ad revenue. In additon, you may have missed that the whitepaper also assumes revenues generated by our HIV therapy, which could generate several billions/year in revenue once approved and commercially available.

I still find this project very interesting, but I do not think I would participate in the ICO unless all funds go towards development of the blockchain and application, and a more convincing argument about the ad revenue is presented.  The ad revenue could be split between the projects and help to fund further research.

Well, not using funds for developing our AIDS cure solution would defeat one of the main purposes of the application; from the whitepaper:

"Now, let’s explain why we named the application “You’re not alone”. The application will also document the progress of our AIDS cure research project, featuring periodic updates such as articles, vlogs. This will create a community where HIV seropositive people can stay up to the date, comment, share, interact with us working on the cure, and with each others. Something that creates a bridge between HIV seropositive people and us research scientists working on the cure. Something that allows the HIV seropositive community and anyone interested to be part of this journey. Something that can send the message that they are not alone in their battle. That we are fighting for them. That we care about them. A message of hope. Our vision and intention is therefore to create an application that will also act as a social app for HIV seropositive people to participate and create new topics and discussions to support each others and stand together in the fight against AIDS. Discussions will be moderated by a team of moderators, and qualified physicians will also be hired to participate in the community for providing expert medical advice as a free service to the users.

The application will also provide information about all the ongoing clinical trials, how to participate, and once our HIV treatment is approved, it will provide information about the clinics and hospitals offering the treatment, and how to make appointments with legit clinicians that are officially collaborating with us, to offer the best services and rates."

If we are not developing our AIDS cure solution with the funds raised by the project, which would help speed up tremendously its development, why would the HIV seropositive community be interested in downloading our app? Just to use it as a mobile forum? There are hundreds already. It would be extremely unlikely to expect to have a growing community with million subscribers whithout offering substantial and frequent updates from the development of our AIDS cure serearch. And we can do this succesfully only if we use funds to develop the research. Moreover, without producing results from human trials soon, we would have no data to insert into the database, and the application would also have no use for us as well. It is extremely unlikely that we can support the development of our AIDS cure research only through the revenue generated by the app, and it would be unethical to make such a promise to the millions of people that are suffering from this terrible disease and are in urgent need of an AIDS cure.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:27:49 PM

this does definately not seem like it needs to exist on the blockchain, just want to get some funding for nothing?  Undecided

Actually, in order to reach the same level of data integrity protection with a centralized database, we would need to have enough computational power to match the entire Etherum blockchain. Neeedless to say that this would be hardly economically feasible. In addition, I would not exactly call addressing a major global public health issue such as HIV infection getting some funding for nothing.
manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

Hello dear Crypto community members,

We are a biotech company working in the field of HIV, cancer and regeneration research. We are working on a novel cell-based therapy for HIV, SupT1 cell infusion therapy, which has the goal of providing a cost effective cure solution for AIDS, allowing access to the therapy where access to traditional costly HIV therapies is restricted by social and/or economic limitations. Many important international news outlets such as Yahoo! Finance, Reuters, Bloomberg, MarketWatch, Boston Globe, Seeking Alpha, Wichita Business Journal, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, News9.com, Wall Street Online Germany, and Medical News Today among many others mentioned our work.

https://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/8545723-innovative-bioresearch-announces-publication-of-pioneering-pilot-study-exploring-supt1-cell-infusion-as-a-cell-based-therapy-for-hiv-humanized-mice

We are working on an upcoming ICO that has the following goals:

1)Supporting the development of our novel AIDS cure research

2)Developing an application providing a decentralized database for processing clinical data, to overcome the limitations of current ancient centralized databases. The application will also act as a social app for the HIV seropositive community; it will be possible to register and receive updates on the status of our AIDS research with articles, vlogs, along with joining a community forum to discuss about any topic and receive information and support from the community. A place where HIV seropositive people can interact and discuss without fearing discrimination. We named the application "You're not alone". We also plan to have professional physicians as part of the community providing free expert medical advice for the users. Community would also be open to anyone who is just interested in discussing our research or make positive contributions to topics and discussions. Token utility would be spendable in the app ecosystem. In addition to allowing early access to the app, tokens will give access to privileged features in the app such as access to moderation roles. As moderation would be an important task because we need to provide a quality environment for the users, 1% of the revenues generated by in-app ads will go to the moderation team as a reward for their work.

As our offering is unique in the ICO market, I would love to receive some feedback about our project, to hear what you think and if you would be interested in such a project. We are still in the beta stage and have some technical aspects to finalize before we can start the token sale and make an official announcement thread. However, you can check all the project information along with the white paper on our official website.

https://www.innovativebioresearch.com/pre-ico

Thank you very much,
Innovative Bioresearch.

The goals are truly admirable and I love that crypto has reach to almost every kind of field. I hope to see great things come out of the project, best of luck!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 11:15:43 PM

Awesome news! We just partnered with the amazing people at Tokensuite. Therefore, our bounty campaign will be managed by legendary member needmoney.
cryptikco

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:19:18 PM

Hi Innovative team, thanks to your response to my previous post.  It is much appreciated and thank you for the clarification.  Smiley
cryptikco

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:23:01 PM

Awesome news! We just partnered with the amazing people at Tokensuite. Therefore, our bounty campaign will be managed by legendary member needmoney.

What exactly does the bounty entail?  I don't normally participate in those and instead invest by buying tokens on the exchange.  Will you be providing more info?  Are there strict requirements around who qualifies for bounty?

I'll also keep watching here, as I assume this is the first place to look for more info about the Pre-ICO.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 11:33:00 PM

Hi Innovative team, thanks to your response to my previous post.  It is much appreciated and thank you for the clarification.  Smiley

It is our pleasure! Your input is very valuable for us because it allows us to further improve the project.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 10:44:25 AM

What exactly does the bounty entail?  I don't normally participate in those and instead invest by buying tokens on the exchange.  Will you be providing more info?  Are there strict requirements around who qualifies for bounty?

I'll also keep watching here, as I assume this is the first place to look for more info about the Pre-ICO.

We will provide full detail on the bounty campaign once it will be finalized as right now we are still designing it. There will be a specific ann thread for the bounty, but we will also provide information in this thread, including requirements to participate.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 06:32:30 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 06:43:15 AM by INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

Hello dear Crypto community members,

We are a biotech company working in the field of HIV, cancer and regeneration research. We are working on a novel cell-based therapy for HIV, SupT1 cell infusion therapy, which has the goal of providing a cost effective cure solution for AIDS, allowing access to the therapy where access to traditional costly HIV therapies is restricted by social and/or economic limitations. Many important international news outlets such as Yahoo! Finance, Reuters, Bloomberg, MarketWatch, Boston Globe, Seeking Alpha, Wichita Business Journal, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, News9.com, Wall Street Online Germany, and Medical News Today among many others mentioned our work.

https://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/8545723-innovative-bioresearch-announces-publication-of-pioneering-pilot-study-exploring-supt1-cell-infusion-as-a-cell-based-therapy-for-hiv-humanized-mice

We are working on an upcoming ICO that has the following goals:

1)Supporting the development of our novel AIDS cure research

2)Developing an application providing a decentralized database for processing clinical data, to overcome the limitations of current ancient centralized databases. The application will also act as a social app for the HIV seropositive community; it will be possible to register and receive updates on the status of our AIDS research with articles, vlogs, along with joining a community forum to discuss about any topic and receive information and support from the community. A place where HIV seropositive people can interact and discuss without fearing discrimination. We named the application "You're not alone". We also plan to have professional physicians as part of the community providing free expert medical advice for the users. Community would also be open to anyone who is just interested in discussing our research or make positive contributions to topics and discussions. Token utility would be spendable in the app ecosystem. In addition to allowing early access to the app, tokens will give access to privileged features in the app such as access to moderation roles. As moderation would be an important task because we need to provide a quality environment for the users, 1% of the revenues generated by in-app ads will go to the moderation team as a reward for their work.

As our offering is unique in the ICO market, I would love to receive some feedback about our project, to hear what you think and if you would be interested in such a project. We are still in the beta stage and have some technical aspects to finalize before we can start the token sale and make an official announcement thread. However, you can check all the project information along with the white paper on our official website.

Thank you very much,
Innovative Bioresearch.

The goals are truly admirable and I love that crypto has reach to almost every kind of field. I hope to see great things come out of the project, best of luck!

Thank you very much, really appreciate the support Smiley We are the first biotech company to have a blockain project related to our biomedical research and this should tell you how much we want to push innovation. We are here, and we are taking this train, while other biotech companies do not even know about it. Being present is the most important thing with regard to innovation.
LevaZ

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:41:45 AM

I'm in medicine for a long time already do not believe. Getting that kind of return with pharmaceuticals, and receiving money from the budget, the last time anything sensible was not. And if it was, who would agree to release the pill from diseases that would deprive the Empire of pills and doctors of income.
kom1231

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:53:38 AM

The project really should exist, it is all very necessary for the current society

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:06:09 AM

Uploaded a new version of the whitepaper with the additional information you requested.

AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:16:34 AM

Everything I read I liked I always support similar projects, since they can help many people, so good luck with your project.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 10:37:50 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 06:36:56 PM by INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

We were finally able today to solve some technical issues and have the investing platform up and running Smiley. Hopefully, we will be able to announce the starting date of our ICO soon.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 12:23:04 PM

Everything I read I liked I always support similar projects, since they can help many people, so good luck with your project.

Thank you very much for your support. Glad to see people recognizing the importance of addressing a global health issue such as AIDS.
cryptikco

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:19:14 PM

I'm in medicine for a long time already do not believe. Getting that kind of return with pharmaceuticals, and receiving money from the budget, the last time anything sensible was not. And if it was, who would agree to release the pill from diseases that would deprive the Empire of pills and doctors of income.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here.  Are you saying that the financial projects outlined by this project are unrealistic, based on your previous experience in this sector?

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:27:57 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 03:56:58 AM by INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here.  Are you saying that the financial projects outlined by this project are unrealistic, based on your previous experience in this sector?

It is not easy to understand, as English probably isn't his native language. However, my guess is by "the Empire of pills and doctors" he possibly meant no one would agree to a low cost AIDS cure solution because it would hurt badly the business of "the Empire of pills and doctors" (i.e. the pharmaceutical corporations selling expensive HIV drugs) by depriving them of their source of income.

It is true that our possible low cost AIDS cure solution can pose a threat to the business of pharmaceutical corporations selling expensive HIV drugs, which aim to make as much profit as possible off of AIDS. Just like cryptocurrencies pose a threat to banking institutions. This is precisely why we need a project such as this one in our society.

There were 36.7million people infected by HIV globally in 2016, 17.5million of which were left untreated, according to UNAIDS. Our mission is to develop a low cost cell-based therapy solution for HIV to allow access to the treatment for those individuals who are normally left untreated due to social and/or economic limitations.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 07:15:20 AM

The project really should exist, it is all very necessary for the current society

Thank you very much for the support Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: