Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ultra fast ASIC machines, who is legit and trustworthy and who isn't?  (Read 4260 times)
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:29:09 AM

The current rate of growth cannot continue forever though, or otherwise we will soon need to start converting the mass of the sun into energy to power the miners.

Already started. 

5GW of solar electric already installed worldwide.  At 20% capacity factor, that's enough to power 100 Ph/s 24/7 (assuming 10W/Gh/s).

By the end of 2015, there will be 12GW of solar installed worldwide, enough for 240Ph/s 24/7, or maybe three times that, considering power per hash should fall as ASIC chip mfgs shrink their design rules.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evansearle42

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:12:40 AM

Very few of them factor in how rapidly the difficulty is increasing.
A problem here is that any "factoring in" is just a guess. It's been increasing lately as there has been a series of hardware makers successfully shipping. Maybe it continues like a rocket. Maybe it doesn't.  The current rate of growth cannot continue forever though, or otherwise we will soon need to start converting the mass of the sun into energy to power the miners. Smiley

I think power is easily produced, that's not the main concern..
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:41:05 AM

GPU era, efficiency is around 500W/GH, 2GH mining rig will mine 1 coin per day, electricity cost around 3 dollars per day, 1 coin worth 3-5 dollars, that is the breakeven stage for miners, hash rate will stablize around that level

28nm ASIC era, using 1W/GH, if mine 0.02 coin per day, 1 coin worth $150, electricity still cost 3 dollar per day, that will also be a stable stage where electricity cost close to mined coin. Under such electricity consumption, mining 0.02 coin should use 1000W, e.g. 1TH hash power

Currently 1TH 28nm mining rig can almost mine 2 bitcoin per day, so until this output drop by 100 times, the stable stage won't arrive. At 30% rise per each difficulty change, it will take 18 times difficult change, almost 180 days to reach that stage

However, at a rate of 30% rise per each difficulty change, all the coins mined during a rig's life time will never be higher than 3.33x its income in the first difficulty period. 1TH mining rig will never mine more than 63 bitcoins during its life time even if it started today

Considering that a late delivery will cut this number by half or more, currently most of the future 1TH mining rig are ridiculously expensive, this will stop new miner purchasing, at the same time private mining companies will grow quickly

We might be able to see 500P total network hash power after 6 months

blub

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:02:15 AM

Already started. 

5GW of solar electric already installed worldwide.  At 20% capacity factor, that's enough to power 100 Ph/s 24/7 (assuming 10W/Gh/s).

By the end of 2015, there will be 12GW of solar installed worldwide, enough for 240Ph/s 24/7, or maybe three times that, considering power per hash should fall as ASIC chip mfgs shrink their design rules.

Where do you get your numbers from? They are ridiculously low. I don't know about the rest of the world, but last year, it have been 30 GW alone in germany

crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:19:25 AM

if you order something, order from http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/ , best support, best price

I never understood why the price of Bitfury are so high... (in EURO !)  Undecided
Why should I pay €6,500 (shipping + VAT NOT included) for only 400 GH/s  ?  Huh

For ~ $6000 (shipping + VAT included!) i can have a Jupiter that run at 550 GH/s  Tongue

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 10:23:51 AM

if you order something, order from http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/ , best support, best price

I never understood why the price of Bitfury are so high... (in EURO !)  Undecided

For ~ $6000 (shipping + VAT included!) i can have a Jupiter that run at 550 GH/s  Tongue

Im very excited for next year when we see gen one asics and skyhigh difficulty. I'd love to buy up as many gen 1 hardwares as I can.  The future will always be transaction fees...not only for bitcoins but for all alts as well.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:02:54 PM

Where do you get your numbers from? They are ridiculously low. I don't know about the rest of the world, but last year, it have been 30 GW alone in germany

Oops, my mistake. Thank you for correcting.

I was reading the US chart at this URL:

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/chart-2-3rds-of-global-solar-pv-has-been-connected-in-the-last-2.5-years

The worldwide numbers are 110GW by the end of 2013, and 200GW by the end of 2015.

So 2000Ph/s of solar electricty online now worldwide (assuming 10W/Gh/s and 20% capacity factor for solar electric), and 4000 to 12000Ph/s (or more) by the end of 2015, depending on ASIC power draw.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:33:42 PM

Because the Bitfury will be delivered in Oct and the Jupiter will be delivered in Nov. Expect to see the Bitfury price drop in a month to remain competitive.

Buy & Hold
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:15:01 PM

Many of them sound way too good to be true...  Terahashes?  For less than $10K? 

http://www.nitrominer.com/

https://hashfast.com/

http://www.asic-technologies.com/ - These guys claim they can ship the KnC Jupiter for $4,350 in six days.  Over here they offer same hash speed as KNC Jupiter for $3800 (doesn't make a lot of sense): http://www.asic-technologies.com/ "shipping now - 521.1 -564.8 GHash/sec – 30 BTC /$3800 – 28 nm chip"

How can I tell who is legit and who isn't?   After reading horror stories about Butterfly labs I'm lost.  Seems like incredible profit is possible with many of these machines (if they are real) if you act NOW.

Thanks!

SCAM
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:04:40 AM

I'm considering preordering 5-10 of the next gen units. Question is who will be releasing that hardware? The KnC Jupiters are obsolete now. Need new boxes that can mine 1BTC per day.  Any recommendations?
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:44:43 AM

If you still want to mine...check out stuff that is 1THS or more...cointerra.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:24:00 AM

If you still want to mine...check out stuff that is 1THS or more...cointerra.
That's obselete already.

I need to be in the first round of pre-orders of the next gen units. From whatever brand pulls it off.

Is there anything other than cointerra out there?
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 05:28:14 AM

Asic-technologies.com - scam (proof1 proof2)

nitrominer.com - most probably scam too -

Thanks.

what about hash fast?

Thank you for your interest in HashFast ASICs.

Rest assured HashFast is a legitimate company dedicated to bringing customers the most advanced 3rd gen ASIC ever made.

You may evaluate the truth of this claim by perusing the following documents.

Here is the Press Release announcing HashFast's partnership with Uniquify, a multi-million dollar industry leader in physical chip design.

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

Strategic Partnership Moves HashFast to Forefront of Cryptographic Hashing Industry

http://www.uniquify.com/uniquify-hashfast-ink-agreement-to-produce-asics-to-increase-hashing-speed-for-bitcoin-miners/

SAN JOSE, CALIF. –– August 13, 2013 –– Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.

“Bitcoin mining is a fast-moving and highly competitive market,” says Simon Barber, HashFast founder and chief technology officer. “We chose Uniquify because we needed a partner who could produce the highest quality chip design, and get us to tape-out in record time.”

HashFast Technologies will announce auctions and specifications of the new chip over the next several weeks, marking the beginning of a new wave of hashing that will allow Bitcoin miners to work at dramatically faster speeds.

“The HashFast chip will give Bitcoin miners significant advantages in both speed and resources,” remarks Josh Lee, Uniquify’s chief executive officer. “We’re delighted to work with HashFast and look forward to its entry into the market.”
About HashFast Technologies

HashFast Technologies is a fabless semiconductor manufacturer specializing in extreme performance cryptographic ASICs. San Francisco-based HashFast was founded in 2013 by Simon Barber and Eduardo de Castro. HashFast completed its first funding round in July 2013. More details can be found at: www.HashFast.com.
About Uniquify

Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., Uniquify is a privately held, rapidly growing system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, and innovative developer and provider of high-performance semiconductor IP. Its “ideas2silicon” services range from spec development and front-end design through physical design and delivery of packaged, tested chips. Uniquify’s headquarters and primary design center is in San Jose with additional design teams in Pune, India, and Seoul, Korea. With more than 100 employees, Uniquify offers 65-, 40- and 28-nanometer SoC design expertise, integration and manufacturing services and high-performance IP to leading semiconductor and system companies worldwide. Additional information can be found at: www.uniquify.com.

###

ideas2silicon is a trademark of Uniquify. Uniquify acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products and services.

And here is the Press Release announcing HashFast has completed tape-out with TSMC, the multi-billion dollar world leader in wafer fabrication.

HashFast and Uniquify Announce Tape Out of "Golden Nonce" Bitcoin Network Transaction Verification Chip to TSMC's 28HPM Process

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hashfast-uniquify-announce-tape-golden-175723250.html

SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 5, 2013) - HashFast Technologies (www.HashFast.com) and design and manufacturing operations partner Uniquify (www.Uniquify.com) today confirmed that HashFast's Golden Nonce (GN) Bitcoin network transaction verification Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) has successfully taped out on TSMC's 28HPM process.

This high-performance design was developed to provide an increase in the available hashing capacity for Bitcoin network transaction verification operations (also known as Bitcoin "mining"). The design simulation met or exceeded the design targets, performing more than 400 billion double-SHA256 hashing operations per second (GHash/s), while consuming less than 0.6 W/GHash/s at nominal clock rate, setting a new industry benchmark.

A Leap Forward in Technological, Performance of Bitcoin Microprocessors

The GN chip will be fabricated at TSMC's 28nm GIGAFAB foundry in Taiwan. HashFast has already increased the initial planned production volume of the GN chip to address strong pre-order demand.

Key features of the design include a modular architecture, a fault-tolerant physical layout to allow for maximum silicon yield, and an ability to be overclocked for greater performance and underclocked for greater efficiency. Its use of on-die thermal controls allows operation at its maximum performance given the capacity of the cooling system deployed with it.

Since announcing Golden Nonce, HashFast has become an industry leader in the production of Bitcoin network verification equipment. The GN chip provides increased hashing performance, while lowering power requirements and addressing thermal issues of earlier Bitcoin mining ASICs. HashFast began taking public orders in August for the Baby Jet mining systems, the first product to house this processor. Once the initial batch of GN chips is produced and tested, Baby Jet will begin shipping in volume.

"The rapid development and tape out of the GN chip is another testimony to the power of our Perseus design management system," says Josh Lee, Uniquify's founder and chief executive officer (CEO). "With Perseus, we were able to go from first RTL code to final tape out in under three months, an exceptional performance for any ASIC design program, let alone a sophisticated 28nm design such as Hashfast's GN chip."

Eduardo deCastro, founder and CEO of Hashfast, agrees and notes: "Working with a mature design team has been a key advantage. We've been able to leverage our team's decades of experience to quickly explore and evaluate multiple options, and deliver at record speed. Another critical advantage was the choice of Uniquify and TSMC for design and manufacturing. Both are at the top of their fields, have worked together on multiple projects, and are true innovators."

"We are pleased to be working with Uniquify and HashFast to enable this new ASIC design," said Brad Paulsen, TSMC Senior Vice President, North America. "This application is a good fit with TSMC's 28HPM process technology and we wish them much success with the GN product."

About HashFast

Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., HashFast Technologies is a fabless semiconductor manufacturer specialized in the production of high-performance ASICs at aggressive performance nodes for the network verification of digital currency transactions. Its mission is to push the performance of network transaction verification hardware, and make leading-edge ASICs available to the public. The company was founded in 2013 by Simon Barber and Eduardo deCastro, and is privately held. More information can be found at: www.HashFast.com.

About Uniquify

Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., Uniquify is a privately held, rapidly growing system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, and innovative developer and provider of high-performance semiconductor IP. Its "ideas2silicon" services range from spec development and front-end design through physical design and delivery of packaged, tested chips. Uniquify's headquarters and primary design center is in San Jose with additional design teams in Pune, India, and Seoul, Korea. With more than 100 employees, Uniquify offers 65-, 40- and 28-nanometer SoC design expertise, integration and manufacturing services and high-performance IP to leading semiconductor and system companies worldwide. Additional information can be found at: www.uniquify.com.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 10:13:28 AM

New ultra fast ASIC machines, who is legit and trustworthy and who isn't?

Is that not obvious by now ?

If not maybe you should get out of the game before you get BFL'd.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: