Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best strategy for mining automation (or how to stay sane)  (Read 166 times)
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:36:53 PM

I'm running a small farm consisting of around 300 x GTX 1070 and 30 x L3+ . There are maybe five coins getting all the press but these are not as profitable as they used to be (like for example late 2017). I stopped mining ETH and ZEC a month ago and I'm turning into more exotic coins (DNR, INN, VIVO, BZL, FRM... the list goes on and on).

I do not hold any coins for a longer period of time. I exchange them for anything that could be traded to fiat and sell them. Like most of us, I also have a life outside of crypto mining and I'm looking for ways to automate most of the tasks. I live by a principle that says if something can be automated it should be automated.

There are two problems that I'm facing with my current setup and hoping you can help me out:

1. Autoexchange to BTC/ETH/LTC
Because exotic coins are traded at exotic exchanges (StocksExchange, Crypto-Bridge) which do not offer auto-exchange to BTC/ETH/LTC I need to periodically exchange them for something which is fiat-tradable. Luckily, most of the exchanges offer API access so that task could be automated somehow. Read: "exchange anything that comes into these wallets to BTC/ETH/LTC". Did anyone solve that "problem" yet?

2. Automatic algo/coin picking
I would prefer not to be in a position (like I am right now) of constantly checking what coin is most profitable at a given time-frame (say last 2 days). I would be willing to pay for a Linux binary that abstracts away coin choices and based on the current market conditions just mines whatever is currently most profitable. Mined coins would automatically be traded with a system/application from step 1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:56:46 PM

Not sure that it is possible to auto exchange since most of the sites now use 2FA

Awesome Miner should be capable to pick coins based on profitability.
SCSI2

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:01:23 PM

I was also going to recommend Awesome Miner, but then I saw Linux mentioned.

One nice feature you may find useful is that it allows you to manage tons of rigs AND asics in a similar fashion from a single console. Highly customizable too.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:37:14 PM

One nice feature you may find useful is that it allows you to manage tons of rigs AND asics in a similar fashion from a single console. Highly customizable too.

Miners are on linux, managment is separated on a VPS or a local PC

Does it really has to be Linux?
2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:50:43 PM

What about mining for nicehash?

That would take away any choices and just pay you right to BTC.

Outside of that you could pull the json from whattomine every x minutes or so and change what you are mining based from it. 

What software are you using now, and where are you mining?

I agree it is madness. If I had that hashpower I would be going crazy too.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:11:02 PM

Miners are on linux, managment is separated on a VPS or a local PC

Does it really has to be Linux?

Maybe that is a way to go. Stay with Linux for workers and use Windows for work distribution/coin picking.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:20:46 PM

What about mining for nicehash?

That would take away any choices and just pay you right to BTC.

Outside of that you could pull the json from whattomine every x minutes or so and change what you are mining based from it. 

What software are you using now, and where are you mining?

I agree it is madness. If I had that hashpower I would be going crazy too.

I thought with NiceHash you need to volunteer your hashpower to one algo and than manually change it from time to time. So NiceHash can dynamically select the best coin?
theodrim

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

I thought with NiceHash you need to volunteer your hashpower to one algo and than manually change it from time to time. So NiceHash can dynamically select the best coin?
You do initial setup, and it'll run benchmarks across many algo, and record them. When something is more profitable for you setup - it'll start mining that (or renting that hashing power, if we want to be pedantic).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: