Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All my bitcoins locked in armory forever, how do I pull them out?  (Read 3639 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

I used to gamble with Bitcoin back in the day (because there are no laws that prevent minors from gambling with Bitcoin Cheesy)

I put all my Bitcoins in an armory wallet, that I encrypted, and now it's locked in there :@:@

Please don't misunderstand, I have my paper backup and passphrase, I'm not locked out in that sense. You see, when I open armory, either it shows Armory is offline, or if I start it with "skip online check" it does "scanning transaction history" and gets so damn laggy. How do I pull my coins out of armory, I just realized there is no good reason for me to be using armory, the Bitcoin client loads faster and has encryption too.

tl;dr - All coins in armory, got passphrase and paper backup, but can't open the wallet.

Anyone that helps me will get 10 cents worth of BTC. Thanks.

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IntrepidMiner

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:23:03 PM

First, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Armory from scratch.

Otherwise here is a solution, unfortunately it's not the best solution if you have a lot of addresses generated in Armory.

1. Start Armory in offline mode.
2. Open your wallet.
3. Click "Backup Individual Keys" on the right.
4. Copy the PrivBase58 keys into a Blockchain.info wallet using the "import private key" feature, one by one. You might need to remove the spaces from the key to get it to work.
5. Your funds will appear in the Blockchain wallet, and you can send them on their way.

There's probably a faster way than this, but it might be your easiest bet.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:34:03 PM

I used to gamble with Bitcoin back in the day (because there are no laws that prevent minors from gambling with Bitcoin Cheesy)

I put all my Bitcoins in an armory wallet, that I encrypted, and now it's locked in there :@:@

Please don't misunderstand, I have my paper backup and passphrase, I'm not locked out in that sense. You see, when I open armory, either it shows Armory is offline, or if I start it with "skip online check" it does "scanning transaction history" and gets so damn laggy. How do I pull my coins out of armory, I just realized there is no good reason for me to be using armory, the Bitcoin client loads faster and has encryption too.

tl;dr - All coins in armory, got passphrase and paper backup, but can't open the wallet.

Anyone that helps me will get 10 cents worth of BTC. Thanks.

Are you saying that when Armory is online and trying to sync, it syncs indefinitely?  I was having this problem on one of my laptops with 4 gb ram.  It took Armory over 18 hours to sync (ridiculous) and then would immediately crash upon trying to send any transaction.

If you have a better computer with more ram, you could just download another copy of Armory onto that computer and import your wallet.

The previous blockchain.info suggestion should also work.

Another option is to find another trusted armory user, create a watching-only copy of your wallet, and send that watching-only copy to another user.  Then, that user can generate an offline transaction, send the transaction back to you to be signed with your offline private keys, and then you send the signed transaction back to the trusted user so that he can broadcast the transaction from his online Armory.

Edit:  I could assist you with this.

Edit 2:  I use Armory soley because of its offline-transaction capabilities.  My private keys never touch the internet, ever.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:35:25 PM

Try the new version:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299684.0

It is a testing version, so it has the usual caveats about being less reliable, but it's been in testing for a while, and no one has reported any issues other than the occasional crashing or having to rescan.  It works well for a lot.

It will take a couple hours on the first load to build the database, but after that it should take 30-90 seconds.  And it literally uses 1/20th the amount of RAM, so it should work even on a system with 1-2 GB.   You can use it to move your coins out, or use it to hold you over until the official release which will be much more usable than 0.88.1.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:37:11 AM

Whoa thanks! It worked!

There's one more problem though

This is my wallet
http://blockchain.info/address/12vARzQRPwUf19sCGUNUYasBK1kYu3F3xw

How come it shows "Final Balance   0.10084735 BTC" on there but on armory it says spendable funds are 0.0857 BTC?

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:09:09 AM

Whoa thanks! It worked!

This is my wallet

How come it shows "Final Balance   0.10084735 BTC" on there but on armory it says spendable funds are 0.0857 BTC?

Anti dust measures added to Qt, maybe?

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:14:57 PM

Whoa thanks! It worked!

This is my wallet

That is stupid. Ate like 15% of my total wallet. That's worse than any tax.

etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 10:39:32 PM

Whoa thanks! It worked!

This is my wallet

That is stupid. Ate like 15% of my total wallet. That's worse than any tax.

Actually, that sounds like a bug.   Regardless of size/dust, Armory should show you the correct balance.   I'm not sure how I would debug this though.   Does Armory show you the correct block number in the  bottom right corner?

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:15:34 AM

Maan, that's the least of my concerns now. It's time to sell BTC and armory won't even open anymore..  Cry  Angry  Huh

I double click the executable and nothing happens. Think I need to reinstall?

etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:23:39 AM

The best bet is to uninstall and reinstall 0.88.1 from the website.  Then run it in offline mode and pull your private keys out like IntrepidMiner recommended.  Import them into another wallet.  Right now it sounds like there's too many problems with the new version.

Though if you have a log file for me, I'd love to see it. IT would be in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Armory.  Anything with "log" in the name you can email to support@bitcoinarmory.com.

Sorry you're having such difficulty...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: