Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:42:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite stablecoin??  (Read 21189 times)
zerocashdev

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:26:40 PM

The main investment I have is bitcoin since I consider it to be the most stable coin at the moment and also it has the largest volume on the crypto market  Smiley
rapsonic1337

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:30:37 PM

I had a bitcoin and etherium, with this token, I can assure my profit not my loss, This two coins that I had has a big impact in crypto world in trading exchanges.
L1240erion

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:53:30 PM

Havven is a good stablecoin project. Found this that describes what they do:

The Havven platform uses two tokens to achieve stability. The havven token provides the collateral for the platform. Nomin tokens, a stablecoin, are issued against the value of the collateral token. This dual token approach incentivises users to hold havven tokens because network transaction fees are paid to havven holders. As more people use nomins for everyday transactions, the value of havven tokens will increase due to the higher fees generated.

Havven is a totally decentralised stablecoin, which means that, like bitcoin, it is secure and resistant to censorship. However, in contrast to Bitcoin, Havven uses a decentralised asset to reduce price volatility. The asset backing for the stablecoin comes from transaction fees generated by the Havven network. This means the asset is distributed and cannot be lost, stolen or seized.

I see a HUGE need for this in the market and for mass adoption in general.

buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:20:41 PM

Been seeing a lot of talk about stablecoins lately like this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#432e3ce84fc6

What do you guys think about them? My personal favorite would be Havven since they're not pegged to fiat or gold and is trustless.
Some of the exchanges provides a chance to exchange your bitcoin to usd not usdt which still I think is a better idea then trust some cryptocurrency with "stable" rate, that's not also a bad idea but trusted exhcange is better then cryptocurrency

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Btc4Proxies

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:06:18 PM

I see a HUGE need for this in the market and for mass adoption in general.

Stablecoins have a very large total addressable market IMO.
I've been following the developments in Havven - they've got quite an impressive team and they've launched ETH-backed Nomins on Mainnet for a short period. It'll be interesting to see how they drive adoption.

Yes this exactly. Lots of people in this thread dont understand what a stablecoin is lol. I've been very impressed with their fast development and launch. This is what they posted - https://blog.havven.io/the-full-launch-of-eusd-is-coming-next-week-43e3f9ddc79
Thymoty

Activity: 372

CPLAY Network

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:12:56 PM

I'm glad Litecoin and ETC, especially LTC that keeps stable even though the other coins down considerably,
I invested in 5 different coins and only LTC did not really make me lose because of the price drop.

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
jack107 (OP)

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:42:21 AM

I see a big future for Havven especially. The CEO also owns blueshyft (like square but in australia). I can really see them integrating or somehow reaching the mass market with havven. we need a stablecoin imo
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:45:26 AM

Bitshares' bitUSD has been holding its decentralized and autonomous peg since 2014. It operates on free market dynamics, is collateralized >1.5x by the BTS token, and trades on its own decentralized exchange.

https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=del.coinhoarder
joesastro

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:58:22 AM

I want to say, I'm not sure there is a stable coin that I believe is entirely current. And we do not need stability because we can not make a profit if all the coins stabilize. You'd better change your coins into USD or local currency to avoid the dangers of being easy to change. And maybe USD  is an alternative to profit.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:09:42 AM

For me, my favorite was ETH.Everytime I got paid from work, I will topup my wallet so I can buy ETH. I have been doing it for months now and I don't have any plans on stopping it. I will continue to do it until November. I will sell it before Christmas because I will be needing the money by that time. My ETH will be my savings for this year and hopefully it will go up again.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
shakil9696

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:25:46 AM

I Think BTCUI And HighT coin is best Smiley
universaly

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:32:49 AM

what are you talking, what stability you speak, capitalization has fallen in several times, now there is no stable coins anywhere, i think now hold only fiat and wait the turnback
craigpo

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:53:10 PM

some of these people in this thread are posting just to spam lol. this thread is about stablecoins. if you don't know what that means, look it up.

in good news today, havven released their audit - https://blog.havven.io/read-the-eusd-audit-report-by-sigma-prime-9540f0cb5464
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:27:17 PM

havven all the way. planning on picking some up on kucoin
jeaniferomambac

Activity: 135
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:57:42 AM

havven all the way. planning on picking some up on kucoin

I only have bitcoin and this coin is a stable coin for me and since it is a king of all coins so thats the reason why i only have bitcoin because i know that it can give me a big profit and other coins only depending bitcoin like if the price of bitcoin rise their prices is also increase and if the price of bitcoin decrease the price of other coins will also decrease thats why i can tell that their only depending bitcoin.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:59:42 AM

Been seeing a lot of talk about stablecoins lately like this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#432e3ce84fc6

What do you guys think about them? My personal favorite would be Havven since they're not pegged to fiat or gold and is trustless.
In my opinion, I have always believed in investing altcoin in the top # 100 on https://coinmarketcap.com. I hope to draw well in the second half of 2018
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:45:09 AM

For me, the best stable coin is Eth because aside from being the most widely considered and used cryptocurrencies in the world, big companies adopt the use of this coin since its technology and platform are much advance and we'll adopted by many investors.
AlekSandRAx

Activity: 127
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:32:38 AM

They are necessary for crypto currencies mass adoption in economy and industries. Mass adoption needs stability, but current stablecoins have too many flaws.

ETH, BTC, LTC, etc are NOT stablecoins. Ethereum is developing it's own stablecoin - World Trade Francs (WTF)

Unfortunately, we’ve found that the existing stablecoins all have various flaws; Tether is unauditable, Nubits has already once collapsed in price, Seignorage Shares is after three years still just a whitepaper and MakerDAO is an inadequate joke because…. reasons.

This situation has prompted Ethereum ETH to develop and launch the World Trade Francs (WTF) which is a decentralized 4.0 stablecoin that is solely based on the next-generation blockchain technology. The stablecoin particularly is tailored to develop a free trade as well as an economic interaction system that will integrate the next-generation blockchain alongside the hypercube tangle technology.
https://blog.ethereum.org/2018/04/01/announcing-world-trade-francs-official-ethereum-stablecoin/
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:47:05 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 04:41:03 PM by Haunebu

They are necessary for crypto currencies mass adoption in economy and industries. Mass adoption needs stability, but current stablecoins have too many flaws.

ETH, BTC, LTC, etc are NOT stablecoins. Ethereum is developing it's own stablecoin - World Trade Francs (WTF)

Unfortunately, we’ve found that the existing stablecoins all have various flaws; Tether is unauditable, Nubits has already once collapsed in price, Seignorage Shares is after three years still just a whitepaper and MakerDAO is an inadequate joke because…. reasons.

This situation has prompted Ethereum ETH to develop and launch the World Trade Francs (WTF) which is a decentralized 4.0 stablecoin that is solely based on the next-generation blockchain technology. The stablecoin particularly is tailored to develop a free trade as well as an economic interaction system that will integrate the next-generation blockchain alongside the hypercube tangle technology.
https://blog.ethereum.org/2018/04/01/announcing-world-trade-francs-official-ethereum-stablecoin/
Ethereum is developing its own stable coin? Never knew about this. Thanks for the information. Coming to the question posted by op, I wouldn't rely on stable coins like USDT(Controversial) etc since unstability is an inherent property of cryptocurrencies which can be minimized, but cannot be eliminated completely. I feel like most stable coins could end up being scams since no coin or token is completely stable in this extremely volatile crypto market which is why I advise not investing into such coins. Instead, focus on investing into popular coins like Bitcoin etc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:06:24 AM

Havven is my favorite stablecoin and overall project this year. Great idea and team
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: