Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone worried how fast BTC is climbing in price?  (Read 8325 times)
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 01:04:17 AM

So,

Like 150 a day after difficulty goes up, 180 2 days later, heavy volume on MTgOX.

Is this not worrying anyone?

Who is injecting all this money anyway?  

Is the ASIC producers in China trying to keep the value up to sell the miners?

It's looking like quite a bubble.  And so far there is very little "Technical Analysis" type chart formatiations in the past.  Maybe the daytraders are taking over?

We are losing stability here, I think.

I'm worried about how fast BTC is climbing in price because I need more BTC and now I can't get them.

First time I've legitimately been in a "panic buy" type situation.

i know the feeling. i set a nominal goal for myself denominated in btc and started buying in at 20 dollars. then the price just started going up and up and up and it felt like i was on an escalator that was increasing in speed while also increasing in the rate of increase in speed. i did finally manage to reach my goal though, it ended up costing me 4 times as much as initially expected it, but over all i'm WAY up on the investment and now its over and cool as a cucumber, just sitting back and watching the show.

Well, its time for you to sell... and buy more when its lower Smiley

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:09:08 AM

This is my take:

Silk road gets taken down.

People wait a week to see if Bitcoin can exist without it.

Bitcoin does fine.

Oh shit, legit currency guys! BUY BUY BUY!

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

Silk road was a huge part of it but if you really want to know why bitcoin is doing fine, its because mt gox bitstamp btc-e dont want it to fail. They can do whatever they want with the price. there are no rules or regulations that they have to abide by. They are smart business owners. Why would you let the golden goose die? As long as there are more suckers out there that jump on board it will keep going.

Hey fleabag, nice post history.  Not sure why you're so bitter, though...  Huh

THE TRUTH HURTS HUH? SO TELL ME THERE IS GOING TO BE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF NEW MILLIONAIRES IN THE NEXT 10 TO 20 YRS? SURE. ALL THE WEALTH IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE REDISTRIBUTED BECAUSE OF BITCOINS?

Freedom for all to control their money as they see fit > redistribution
telemaco

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:40:03 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 06:47:19 AM by telemaco

US debt crisis.
China baidu.
All these things are in play. Plus people are talking about bitcoins again.
capital control CHASE & HSBC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg3358474#msg3358474
Spain
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg3373737#msg3373737

The spain story is a hoax. Those rules are from 2011 and the website hasnt been updated.

-> You are allowed to transfer free in spain.

Sorry but it is not a hoax. I have a bank account on bbva and they have this in their page. I just did let you guys know. I will put a more general view of the bbva view crossing over my name, money and so on.
You might have your opinion about it having some relation with money haircuts or anything but that they have it on their webpage i hope there is no doubt.

Here, take a look:

and after clicking on the notice

Is it an old notice that they haven't retired?. Well i cannot tell, check the page URL, it is a whatsnew page (?). As you can see the page view is from today and with all the HSBC and JpMorgan Chase news about limitations it makes you raise an eyebrow.

Cheers,
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:17:41 AM

This is my take:

Bitcoin does fine.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

Silk road was a huge part of it but if you really want to know why bitcoin is doing fine, its because mt gox bitstamp btc-e dont want it to fail. They can do whatever they want with the price. there are no rules or regulations that they have to abide by. They are smart business owners. Why would you let the golden goose die? As long as there are more suckers out there that jump on board it will keep going.

Hey fleabag, nice post history.  Not sure why you're so bitter, though...  Huh

THE TRUTH HURTS HUH? SO TELL ME THERE IS GOING TO BE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF NEW MILLIONAIRES IN THE NEXT 10 TO 20 YRS? SURE. ALL THE WEALTH IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE REDISTRIBUTED BECAUSE OF BITCOINS?

Though I tend to avoid feeding trolls I will reply to this post and see the tone of any reply before clicking the ignore button:

If Bitcoin takes off on the longer and larger scale an inevitable consequence is that early holders (that's us folks) will become very wealthy.  I am not one that defends the 'righteousness' of this, claiming that all the smart, early, risk-embracing folk that did jump/are jumping on board and participate in its growth have 'earned' or 'deserve' the scale of increase in the value of our holdings just as I don't believe landowners who happen to be sitting on a plot in an area whose popularity goes through the roof have 'earned' their increase in wealth.  But it happens - and has happened for centuries - until something changes to prevent it from happening.

As an aside I happen to believe in the case of land a land value tax is a just means of ensuring those who play a role in making a location more popular (businesses, the police, providers of public transport, newcomers and all productive people in that locale) also reap some of the reward.  In contrast I don't believe Bitcoin savers/'hoarders' do any harm because it in no way limits those who arrive late to the party from using it to its potential so I don't believe a means should be found to 'redress' the extreme increases in wealth from having got in early.  It doesn't mean to say (and maybe this is one of the things you're hinting at) that governments and/or central banks and/or today's wealthy won't take steps to prevent this transference of wealth from happening.  This is a potentially interesting debate.

However I would recommend if you want to learn something - and there are many smarter than me that frequent these pages from whom a lot can be learned - as opposed to shouting generalities and conspiracy theories I would recommend calming down and thinking what your concerns are before posting.  That way others are more likely to participate and learn from the exchange too.  Just a suggestion Smiley
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 10:32:59 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2013, 12:29:35 PM by afbitcoins

This is my take:

Bitcoin does fine.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

Those exchanges make profit when people buy or sell. Whats in it for them for higher prices? The market price is dictated by what people will pay versus how much the sellers want

Regulations do nothing except distort fair market valuations.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:52:30 PM

This is my take:

Bitcoin does fine.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

allright fbag i try to be really patient with people but its clear you are just a troll. welcome to my blocklist and if you dont want to find yourself on everyone's blocklist i recommend laying off the caps lock. the size of your text is not a substitute for the quality of your arguments.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

This is my take:

Bitcoin does fine.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

allright fbag i try to be really patient with people but its clear you are just a troll. welcome to my blocklist and if you dont want to find yourself on everyone's blocklist i recommend laying off the caps lock. the size of your text is not a substitute for the quality of your arguments.

I may be mistaking, but in one of his posts elsewhere he said "I'm simply just a troll"

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
applelover

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:39:52 PM

I'm wondering.. Maybe it's not that BTC appreciate that much, but maybe more poeples are understanding that the actual fiat-printing-currency system is on the verge of total faillure (currently slowly falling appart).

this is the main reason why i personally am buying bitcoins

that's a pipe dream, fiat has a long way to go, btc will rise for other reasons

not really a pipe dream.  when the world stops using the dollar as much the value goes down.  government prints more.  interest goes up.  people are already losing faith in the dollar, just go to bloomberg or finance.yahoo and read the comments section any article that mentions yellen or bernanke
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:17:23 PM

This is my take:

Bitcoin does fine.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

Those exchanges make profit when people buy or sell. Whats in it for them for higher prices? The market price is dictated by what people will pay versus how much the sellers want

Regulations do nothing except distort fair market valuations.

Please tell me you didnt just say, whats in it for the exchanges at higher prices? Dont they make more money as the price of the transactions increase. Now this is the kind of people I am dealing with on here lol.

I cant even go on explaining anymore. someone please help him
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:19:09 PM

This is my take:

Bitcoin does fine.

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

I may be mistaking, but in one of his posts elsewhere he said "I'm simply just a troll"

no i didnt say i was a troll, Maybe I did? I just like going against the grain. Like I said before what fun would it be on here if everyone agreed with each other?
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:43:35 PM

I am kinda worried that we're gonna go parabolic again and then CRASH.

So many people are waiting to get in at a cheap price, that each "crash" is becoming shorter and less volatile. After SR went bust the price only dropped a bit for several minutes, everyone wanted to take advantage of the cheap coins. The next "crash" will only be to $150, the "crash" after that will hold above $200.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: