Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new website I have created. Satoshiraffles.org  (Read 1183 times)
andrewboy44 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:55:10 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 10:40:20 PM by andrewboy44

PM me if you played and send me your confirmation ID. I'm going to end the raffle due to nobody really playing plus I found out that this type of site is illegal in my state. Thanks

I created a new website that allows you to purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win items. I currently will only raffle off asicminer usbs for 1-2 weeks because we still need to develop a reputation and we are  currently still working on the site. The site is up and running and you still can buy raffle tickets for the asicminers. Check it out. Constructive criticism is accepted. So far people have told me I need to work on making the site look more professional so I will be working on the color scheme and making the theme simple and business like. But check it out, and if you have any suggestions please comment or pm. Thank you.
satoshiraffles.org

New- People have every right to be suspicious about the website. Its a brand new bitcoin website that has just been introduced to the community. The faster we can get through the first few raffles the better so people can actually see that this is a genuine website and items are shipped to winners

*If I have to, I will have yall elect a trusted member on bitcointalk that can hold the raffle item if needed to prove trust

Updates
-There have been a few people that haven't paid attention to the rules. We ask that you do NOT put your shipping address in the blanks. Only put your email in every blank. If you win we will contact you via email for your shipping information. This is done for your safety plus we do not want you to think we are selling our users personal information.

PM me if you played and send me your confirmation ID. I'm going to end the raffle due to nobody really playing plus I found out that this type of site is illegal in my state. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nthoangga

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

PLAYGAME.com

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:06:06 PM

This site look quite smooth. Any free give out to advertise though?

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:07:39 PM

It looks like it has potential. The raffles are cheap so it seems very interesting. I might buy a few Smiley

Thank you. That is the whole objective to satoshiraffles.org. We want people to be able to spend little to no bitcoin for a chance to win a prize much greater then the amount of btc they had to put in. I feel like with the right design & advertisement it can go really far. But I had to start somewhere and I wanted to go ahead and put it out into the community asap.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:10:15 PM

This site look quite smooth. Any free give out to advertise though?
Unfortunately not right now. I had to purchase a total of 20 asic miners, 5 ipods, 2 ipads, 1 pair of beat headphones and a few other small things to supply for the raffles. Once we start moving up and get enough attention I will offer btc for advertisement
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:29:34 PM

Hopefully we'll get some reviews from reputable members about this. Otherwise, I will remain suspicious.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:30:59 PM

Just bought 4 raffles. I never win anything, but atleast I've tried right? Tongue
Good luck! Bare with us on this first raffle. We are hoping once we get a bigger reputation it will only take 1-3 days to fill up a raffle but this one is going pretty slow because this is only day two that the site has been published. But stay tuned for more updates here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=315151.new#new. And thank you for trying out satoshiraffles.org!

andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:32:55 PM

Hopefully we'll get some reviews from reputable members about this. Otherwise, I will remain suspicious.
I just published it yesterday. There is not much people can do except play it until we get a winner and yall can see that prizes are shipped. This is an idea that I have had for a while and was able to finally put it together. I'm looking forward to see how far it goes and yes I know people will be suspicious but that is how things are when they first hit the the btc community.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:57:03 PM

Looks like you didn't take the time to code this, just a simple website builder or something.
I'd suggest you use Coinbase API, for more successful purchases.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:11:05 PM

Looks like you didn't take the time to code this, just a simple website builder or something.
I'd suggest you use Coinbase API, for more successful purchases.

Yeah it was just built with godaddy.com. Wasn't aware that it would be so basic but once the site gets more reputation we will be working on a new design that looks more business like
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:49:13 AM

You might gauge more interest if you had a provably fair system.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:39:22 AM

Please calculate the winners through a provably fair method, so we know you are not cheating. If you are not sure how to do that, please ask us.
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:31:31 AM

I have a question about the draw. Will the winner be published on the website or do we get an email after the draw (eventhough we didn't win)?

winners are published on the website and the forum
andrewboy44 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:31:53 AM

Please calculate the winners through a provably fair method, so we know you are not cheating. If you are not sure how to do that, please ask us.

I'm going to pm you
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:17:49 PM

You're aware commercial raffles are illegal in South Carolina? You're going to win a kick in the teeth by the state attorney.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:36:44 PM

Just remember to hold onto the soap very tightly, when you are taking a shower in prison Roll Eyes
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:02:33 AM

You're aware commercial raffles are illegal in South Carolina? You're going to win a kick in the teeth by the state attorney.

Even if the org. was registered, and the new law is passed, this is endeavor is dead in the water: http://www.scanpo.org/2013/02/20/make-raffles-legal-in-s-c/

The bill sets a maximum ticket cost at $100 and caps the total value of prizes at $250,000 per raffle. Nonprofits registered with the secretary of the state could hold up to four raffles annually. Nonprofits that raffle off a non-cash prize worth less than $500 wouldn’t have to register with the state, which would allow smaller groups such as garden clubs and other civic groups to avoid some of the red tape.

There's been cases where high school football players have lost the use of their scholarships due to them conducting illegal raffles in SC. I'm just saying, which is code for "I'm just saying!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: