Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:22:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on Redfolio  (Read 181 times)
GreedIsNotBad (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:17:55 AM

I greet you, members of this forum. I closed most of the orders I had on stock market and purchased crypto a month ago. Right now I am down 40%, I don't remember having such a big loss on any investment I had before (portfolio speaking).

Usually, my stop losses come in before seeing such pictures. Should I close positions and reenter later or should I hold? I really don't know how to handle this crypto investment.

I purchased BTC, BCH, ETH, NEO, XMR, BTX, ARK and KMD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:21:55 AM

Cryptocurrency is a high risk market. It wouldn't make sense to sell now as you are down 40% which means you have lost almost half your investment. What you did was invest at the top. Hodling is the only option I see left. Just wait for the prices to return to break even point and then you can sell your coins.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:40:56 AM

Your picks are good, i suggest you to hold, it is just a waiting time, we just need to be patient and wait for the market recovery and volume, once we see bullish momentum back, all these cryptos will be unstoppable.

Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

to begin with, Cryptocurrencies have never seen a drop like this.

many people are lying. Some because they are developpers of coins and want you to keep the coin to hold as much value as possible. Some because they are paid by developpers. Some because they want you to buy coins so that they can sell with the most profit o return money possible. Bulls will want you to buy more and hold more. Bears will tell you to sell if they havent got coins, and hold and buy if they already bought them, so that price goes up and they sell with little profit. Then, another time will tell you to sell to drop another time the price.

No matter how hard this guys lie. You can do your own research. never ever have cryptocurrencies gone through what is happening right now. The major deeps in the past where because of technological issues, hacking, very low quality projects, or massive sells due to massive profit.

Nowadays the problem we have is that GOVERMENTS AND BANKS want crypto to disappear. Why? because as banks get less money to lend, goverments get less money and debt bought by them. They need each other. Banks are moving the strings behind the scene , forcing goverments to crash cryptos.

I think very few people here will tell you what i'm telling you, because most of the people here are extremist radicals cryptocurrency fighters, that will tell whatever fucked up reason they can think of so that you don't think on your own benefit.

Bare this in mind: technical analysis says this scenario is the worst ever lived by crypto. Then consider all the bad news appeared, and the huge negative ones that are coming from G-20.

Now, my advice? i know the market will not recover in probably a year. i'm not talking about full recover. i'm talking about stable market. If you don't need that money, you can play a risky game and wish all will go well. my best advice, considering all, is to sell and do it fast.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:56:14 AM

Just hodl tight yours & dont sell it if it not needed. I had same condition on my portfolio too, so in this dip like this the only thing that I do is only hold mine & off course hope it will be recover soon. Im still believe in cryptocurrency, since the trading volume are still huge, & everything related to it are still alive.
billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:58:27 AM

I greet you, members of this forum. I closed most of the orders I had on stock market and purchased crypto a month ago. Right now I am down 40%, I don't remember having such a big loss on any investment I had before (portfolio speaking).

Usually, my stop losses come in before seeing such pictures. Should I close positions and reenter later or should I hold? I really don't know how to handle this crypto investment.

I think that now it makes no sense to sell, the more so you have good assets and I think that you will still make a big profit.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:05:45 AM

Did you buy for speculating or for the long-term investment, if you let your emotions get by this DIP, you are not in the right market. The crypto market is like that with an attack from every angle, FUD and price move with the emotions.

Crypto is here to stay, you lost nothing until you sell!

Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:14:20 AM

Did you buy for speculating or for the long-term investment, if you let your emotions get by this DIP, you are not in the right market. The crypto market is like that with an attack from every angle, FUD and price move with the emotions.

that's supposing you´ll get your money back, which is imo uncertain. Why would you believe on that having no arguments or reasons to believe it=?

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
GreedIsNotBad (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:07:05 PM

Cryptocurrency is a high risk market. It wouldn't make sense to sell now as you are down 40% which means you have lost almost half your investment. What you did was invest at the top. Hodling is the only option I see left. Just wait for the prices to return to break even point and then you can sell your coins.

I purchased BTC at 10.200$, considering it was 20.000$, I wouldn't say I invested at top. Thank you for your  comment and advice, I really appreciate it.

Your picks are good, i suggest you to hold, it is just a waiting time, we just need to be patient and wait for the market recovery and volume, once we see bullish momentum back, all these cryptos will be unstoppable.

I believe crypto will grow a lot in the future that's why I liquidated my stocks investment, the question is, will it go a lot down before going up?
GreedIsNotBad (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

to begin with, Cryptocurrencies have never seen a drop like this.

many people are lying. Some because they are developpers of coins and want you to keep the coin to hold as much value as possible. Some because they are paid by developpers. Some because they want you to buy coins so that they can sell with the most profit o return money possible. Bulls will want you to buy more and hold more. Bears will tell you to sell if they havent got coins, and hold and buy if they already bought them, so that price goes up and they sell with little profit. Then, another time will tell you to sell to drop another time the price.

No matter how hard this guys lie. You can do your own research. never ever have cryptocurrencies gone through what is happening right now. The major deeps in the past where because of technological issues, hacking, very low quality projects, or massive sells due to massive profit.

Nowadays the problem we have is that GOVERMENTS AND BANKS want crypto to disappear. Why? because as banks get less money to lend, goverments get less money and debt bought by them. They need each other. Banks are moving the strings behind the scene , forcing goverments to crash cryptos.

I think very few people here will tell you what i'm telling you, because most of the people here are extremist radicals cryptocurrency fighters, that will tell whatever fucked up reason they can think of so that you don't think on your own benefit.

Bare this in mind: technical analysis says this scenario is the worst ever lived by crypto. Then consider all the bad news appeared, and the huge negative ones that are coming from G-20.

Now, my advice? i know the market will not recover in probably a year. i'm not talking about full recover. i'm talking about stable market. If you don't need that money, you can play a risky game and wish all will go well. my best advice, considering all, is to sell and do it fast.

A great comment, indeed, unique, not like the rest mates here usually write. I considered (ridiculous right?)myself a skillful trader, analyzed charts and purchased coins after BTC broke above 10.000$, "ending" the 3+ months trend, looking at it like at a strong buy signal. Anyway, I was wrong.

Just hodl tight yours & dont sell it if it not needed. I had same condition on my portfolio too, so in this dip like this the only thing that I do is only hold mine & off course hope it will be recover soon. Im still believe in cryptocurrency, since the trading volume are still huge, & everything related to it are still alive.

And how do you handle big losses in portfolio? Purchase more? Isn't going against the trend always dangerous?

I think that now it makes no sense to sell, the more so you have good assets and I think that you will still make a big profit.

I will take in consideration your insight, thank you Billy.

True that, you lost nothing until you sell. I am sorry if my first post sounds like it is emotional, it is not(maybe just a bit Cheesy ).  Speculating or long-term? Both!
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:18:36 PM

Almost all of us here in the crypto currency world is experiencing now - Negative Portfolio. I think we just hold or buy more. I'm sure that what's happening now is just the result of the fud that people are spreading so that the noobs in this game are still selling their holds.

Just weeks from now might hold back the vitality of the market and may take over a trillion market cap of crypto next month.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:22:43 PM

You have to learn how earn on downtrend markets I think.
It's amazing opportunity to make money on a bearish markets

RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:26:24 PM

I don't think a cut loss is a good option for this moment. I see your investment is good coins.
If you want to hold, hold it. Especially KMD (Komodo). It has a bright future.
GreedIsNotBad (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:26:56 PM

Almost all of us here in the crypto currency world is experiencing now - Negative Portfolio. I think we just hold or buy more. I'm sure that what's happening now is just the result of the fud that people are spreading so that the noobs in this game are still selling their holds.

Just weeks from now might hold back the vitality of the market and may take over a trillion market cap of crypto next month.

I sure hope crypto market will go to a trillion market cap! I need to analyze the charts and decide should I sell half, sell all, buy a bit or buy a lot more. Still don't know what to do.

You have to learn how earn on downtrend markets I think.
It's amazing opportunity to make money on a bearish markets

Teach me master!

I don't think a cut loss is a good option for this moment. I see your investment is good coins.
If you want to hold, hold it. Especially KMD (Komodo). It has a bright future.

Can you give a bit more details on why especially KMD has a bright future? I mean I believe all the coins from my list should have a bright future, how KMD is better?
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:41:58 PM

Sorry, but to what type do you refer yourself? As me if you don't have confidence in crypto and use it for speculation only than my advice to sell and not use never. In such time we need some trust to main goal of crypto. But a huge number of speculators strengthen the amplitude. Determine who you are and the solution will be seen
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:48:21 PM

Sell and buy latter. It is as simple as that, you can´t afford to stay in the market in days like today, it is much better to be practical and understand your own mistakes.
GreedIsNotBad (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:49:08 PM

Sell and buy latter. It is as simple as that, you can´t afford to stay in the market in days like today, it is much better to be practical and understand your own mistakes.

Sell all, sell half, sell a bit? Are you in FIAT only now?
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

Look man, you have already lost more than half of your investments. Chickening out now would be the dumbest decision you can ever make in your crypto life. stick by your decisions man and eat up all the shit. Just wait out the storm and I am pretty sure that you'll be fine. Besides, I think that you do have a good eye in spotting good investments so I think there is nothing you should worry about unless you invested money that you need in your every day life.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:05:49 PM

At first, let me ask you, what are your plans when you enter this market a month ago? If you are trading stock market in past, you should have atleast some plan in mind before purchasing those coins. Do you have any exit plan or any price point where you'll be cutting your loses?

Those questions are very important ones especially now. You don't want to be affected by your emotions if you want to make a wise decision in this kind of market that we are having right now. You have some good coins out there (some of them are included in the top 10 markecap) and should be a good buy if only we are in a different trend of this market cycle. What's happening right now is inevitable as we are experiencing correction from the last bull run that we had. Together with the market makers wanting to enter at a much lower price, you shouldn't be surprised that we are having blood bath today.

If you have any trading plans, stick to it. And if you don't have any, I think it is best to cashout whatever's left in your portfolio and never come back again in cryptosphere. I'm not scaring you or making some FUD here. It is the truth and you should know it by now. This market is so harsh for the uninitiated ones.  Undecided
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:09:09 PM

Almost all of your portfolio is a good coin, I think you just had a bad entry just like in stocks. better wait for  green market. I believe you can recover your losses soon because the bear is tired already and the bull is ready to make his move.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: