Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm calling it crypto is dead in 2018...the crypto hype has died like disco did  (Read 804 times)
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:00:43 PM

You focus on the negatives. There are also many positives, including some of those you list as negative.  Markets hate uncertainty. For Crypto to grow in to mainstream adoption, it has to deal with regulation and taxation first. Banks are certainly not taking it lightly.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-18/growth-of-crypto-assets-may-threaten-financial-system-fsb-says

Your Focus Determines Your Reality - Qui-Gon Jinn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:01:51 PM

Don't worry man, just leave mining
It's easy to sell GPUs now and quit

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:31:58 PM

I don't know what coins you mine, but I don't see the complexity of the network in the coins I mine. This means that pain threshold we not overcame. A lot of people still use their rigs. It seems to me that in modern conditions mining will begin to migrate to countries with low cost of electricity but it will not stop.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:21:53 PM

I think he was just hoping he would get rich overnight mining with one gpu, so he could move out of his parents basement. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:41:56 PM

I think he was just hoping he would get rich overnight mining with one gpu, so he could move out of his parents basement. 
Lol.. Grin This got me laughing. Probably that was his initial thought when he engaged in cryptocurrency mining. Though mining is a bit overrated for some people but there is still a tendency of having gains, if you do the right things and mine the right coins. Though one gpu is not that really bad, it solemnly depends on the coin he is mining with it, cause some coins don't really need sophisticated equipment.
Zepp74

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

No doubt there are alot more big players mining more then ever. Smaller guys like me struggle to make some $$$ but you can make some you just have to hold and sell on the upswing. If you are selling now then you are losing.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:37:23 PM

Doubt the OP was even alive when disco was around  Grin  Haven't heard from him in a day or so.  His mom must have put the kibosh on his internet usage.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:57:02 PM

mining requires balls of steel. soy boys like op should stick to being the bag boy at the local supermarket.
mikhailkudig

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:39:59 PM

What makes you think the bubble burst? And what makes you think that bitcoin is a bubble, explain please, if you say so?  Huh Now there is only a small correction in the cryptocurrency world.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:43:42 PM

To many people lost money
To many regulations
To many new tax laws
Will take another 4 years for a "new" crowd to come in an invest
To many exchanges robbed people

Over all everyone is now turned off by crypto, maybe 2019 might be better but this year is all about 1080tis costing $1000+ and barely making $1, coins with 1-3 month life cycles

I came in at the beginning of the bubble watched it rise and now I seen it burst. Say it after me crypto is dead in 2018

I think you're not seeing the brighter picture.

Why was there a bubble? Because every single person out there suddenly discovered cryptos, everyone bought in. Fuck even Paris Hilton was saying "buy cryptos".

What happened was just a greedy frenzy. Everyone saw cryptos as the easy way to get rich and a bubble burst. That's how it works.

But calling cryptos dead for 2018 is just non-sense. The world of cryptos moves soooo fast. This train is not going to stop. The market just needs to breathe and wash out all the fuss.

It's just my honest opinion. Mining might get complicated, but cryptos aren't dead.
RIGED

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:08:10 PM

completely normal price correction that was not only predictable as its already happened 4 times in BTC history, but also very much needed to build underlying resistance in order to push higher over 40.000usd/btc for the next cycle

or

the fiat currencies or zombie drug addicts will turn to back to nothing which is where they came from and what they actually represent and crypto will spike over 1000% in a flash
(how can debt be a good investment)

i can go on and on but to cut a long story short blockchain tech is the future including being the worlds new currency
the weak hands cry later for their lack of vision today

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:52:45 AM

And it was felt hip-hop would die as well and it didn't- quite the exact opposite; crypto is no different.
Trilogy-AI

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:55:01 AM

To many people lost money
To many regulations
To many new tax laws
Will take another 4 years for a "new" crowd to come in an invest
To many exchanges robbed people

Over all everyone is now turned off by crypto, maybe 2019 might be better but this year is all about 1080tis costing $1000+ and barely making $1, coins with 1-3 month life cycles

I came in at the beginning of the bubble watched it rise and now I seen it burst. Say it after me crypto is dead in 2018

Excellent. Glad to hear you think that. The more people that "give up" like you do, the more likely it is that crypto prices will form a durable bottom. That's the nature of markets.
slothtrooper

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:03:53 PM

Crypto isnt dead, it just got a case of the man flu and feeling sorry for itself.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: