Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
Rough_R

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

Everybody who dont see any profit and dont believes must stop,
but every business have good times and bad times... its up to you :-)   
For some this is a hobby... and they are wiling to loose a cup of coffee a day  Grin

your coffee is very expensive then. my electricity cost per day on a 189,8mh/s 6 gpu mining rig (880W from the wall, so brutally nice) is about 3.8$ per day (0.18$ per kWh).

it's not a matter of good times or bad times. It's a matter of not knowing if there will ever be good times. And you cannot assure that. Or yes??
Like I said everybody decides for themself, my rigs take about 1kw/h and it costs me about 0,012$
I own a little store for almost 20 years and it was good and bad years, sometimes you work only to pay bills but still we work....
Something we will earn, and difference for a a day is coffee  Smiley   
I believe .... in better times   Smiley
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MFTHC

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:22:19 PM

In 2013, more than 4,000 people shouted to the end, and the miners were digging.
Until the beginning of 2015, the mining machine was unable to pay the electricity bill, and it was shut down directly. At that time, the price became more than 900, which is the bottom.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:25:30 PM

In the q4 bounce, I'll be happy my rigs are still running. At 600$ electric out of pocket every month... I've wasted money on more unnecessary things before.
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:31:50 PM

For some this is a hobby... and they are wiling to loose a cup of coffee a day  Grin

your coffee is very expensive then. my electricity cost per day on a 189,8mh/s 6 gpu mining rig (880W from the wall, so brutally nice) is about 3.8$ per day (0.18$ per kWh).

it's not a matter of good times or bad times. It's a matter of not knowing if there will ever be good times. And you cannot assure that. Or yes??
Like I said everybody decides for themself, my rigs take about 1kw/h and it costs me about 0,012$
I own a little store for almost 20 years and it was good and bad years, sometimes you work only to pay bills but still we work....

you mean 0,12$ per kWh right?? not 0,012$. Guess that's with taxes included right??

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
xberg

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:48:38 PM

I'm in the same boat.
I pay my electricity 0.13€ / kWh and I am today barely making a profit: maybe 10-15% only. At this point I also made the decision to turn my rigs off and wait for a price increase. Better to directly buy the cryptos rather than pay the same in electricity and deal with technical problems and wear and tear.
I will however not sell hardware right now and wait for the cryptos to go back up.

I am hit really hard as I've built my rigs in January-February 2018 so taking this crash with absolutely no ROI.

The equation is really simple: once revenues < electricity costs it's no longer worth mining.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

There are different reasons for why people want to mine. If your only goal was to make X amount of profit per week/month to pay your bills and the rig, then yes, that has gotten much harder to do over the last couple of months. However even at 0.30 USD power, as of today it's still profitable to mine after power costs are included.  In fact the total marketcap of all coins is no different than it was just 4 months ago. So unless you believe there is fundamental change of paradigm that renders current blockcahin technology obsolete, then market corrections are nothing new. It's just a good time to sharpen the sword and reevaluate your positions.

If you believe, as many people invested in mining do, Crypto is the future, then you need to make sacrifices for safeguarding your future. As said the power cost of most rigs per day is equal or less than a single cup of Starbucks latte that many have no problems wasting money on every day on their drive to work. One thing for sure is if you keep mining with a rig you already have, you will keep accumulating Crypto regardless of the current price and that cup of coffee you waste money on daily has ZERO chance of bringing you any return in the future.

Rough_R

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:56:26 PM

you mean 0,12$ per kWh right?? not 0,012$. Guess that's with taxes included right??
yes for 1KWH I pay 0,12$  or 0,10 EUR , it costs me per rig daily 2,4eur or 3$
Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:07:51 PM

I'm in the same boat.
I pay my electricity 0.13€ / kWh and I am today barely making a profit: maybe 10-15% only. At this point I also made the decision to turn my rigs off and wait for a price increase. Better to directly buy the cryptos rather than pay the same in electricity and deal with technical problems and wear and tear.
I will however not sell hardware right now and wait for the cryptos to go back up.

I am hit really hard as I've built my rigs in January-February 2018 so taking this crash with absolutely no ROI.

The equation is really simple: once revenues < electricity costs it's no longer worth mining.

how?
A 6 GPU rig mining 180MH/s@800w and 0.15$/kW ( 0.13e/KW ) is making about 100$ a month pure profit.

How is this anywhere near 0?

Btw, my 6 gpu rigs mine 175-180Mh/s @700w and im paying 0.11$/KW, making about 130$ monthly each.
The rigs use Nitro+ 470/570 cards, bought at 200e - 220e before May last year and have been payed for a couple of times over.

I don't see why i would shut anything down if it makes 1k$+ monthly.

People are panicking for no reason, the profits right now are the same they were mid 2016.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:10:19 PM

There are different reasons for why people want to mine. If your only goal was to make X amount of profit per week/month to pay your bills and the rig, then yes, that has gotten much harder to do over the last couple of months. However even at 0.30 USD power, as of today it's still profitable to mine after power costs are included.  

You must be demented/delusional, really, 96% of people don't mine for 10 cents of dollars per gpu rx 580 per day. Check the calculation cause i dont want to waste time telling the reality to your troll mind not to mention for you to break even will take 3500 days. Only lunatics, trolls, idiots will say mining is profitable now.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.3&hcost=440.0&commit=Calculate

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:31:50 PM

There are different reasons for why people want to mine. If your only goal was to make X amount of profit per week/month to pay your bills and the rig, then yes, that has gotten much harder to do over the last couple of months. However even at 0.30 USD power, as of today it's still profitable to mine after power costs are included.  

You must be demented/delusional, really, 96% of people don't mine for 10 cents of dollars per gpu rx 580 per day. Check the calculation cause i dont want to waste time telling the reality to your troll mind not to mention for you to break even will take 3500 days. Only lunatics, trolls, idiots will say mining is profitable now.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.3&hcost=440.0&commit=Calculate

Checking calculations, 180Mh/s rig @700w @ 0.11$/kw  = 141$ / month

U wot m8?  Grin
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:42:20 PM

In fact the total marketcap of all coins is no different than it was just 4 months ago.

But there will no new bull run for a long time.

Those people that entered the market in December/January looking at losses up to 80%.
Played to death by P&D teams. Traumatized, sitting in the basement with a double-barrel shotgung
into the mouth. Potential new investors are aware of these destroyed lifes. Cry

We have to wait for the next generation of "Greatest Fools" in the Greater-Fool-Theory. Undecided
Could take up to 2 years.

Additionally, the banks declared war on decentralized cryptocurrencies. And the banks always win.
Crypto was a funny laughable thing until December. But then it became threat. Maybe they will let it
go as soon BTC hits triple digits.

Hehe.

Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:45:08 PM

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

4500 from the wall / hour.

And I Will Go on mining, even if it Will cost me my fiat money.
Why ? Because it Will rise again, when ? Don't know, but it Will.
The crash now has 1 advantage, the whiners who thought to get rich quick Will be gone soon. And so Will the topics about mining is dead and mining isn't profitable anymore.
retard75

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:48:42 PM

Checking calculations, 180Mh/s rig @700w @ 0.11$/kw  = 141$ / month

U wot m8?  Grin

You are just a couple of weeks behind of the 0.3$/KWh guys. Then you will be there too.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:48:59 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:06:23 PM by Vann

Daily profit per day is a short-sighted and stupid way to look at long term investments. The profitability today is 100% irrelevant to what the profitability will be of the Crypto you mine today in week, month or year. If you were mining ETH in NOV 2016 when it was $10, 0.10 USD per day profit after power would have been about right. If you kept mining, a six card rig was making several ETH per week. In a volatile market such as Crypto, only an idiot would make profitability projections based on current price.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:56:32 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:35:32 PM by toptek

if your in it for the Profit, you shouldn't be mining unless you have deep packets because it will all ways go like this and if you do mine don't complain, it's like any thing, good times and bad times.

I like times like this the coins in most cases stay the same or go up as the weak stop mining and i don't care about ROI, an yea i said ROI for the fools that don't like that word ...you can still be smart, act wide  and not be so up tight . I thought we were mining virtual cash not real cash..... all ways have a backup ....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
retard75

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:15:24 PM by retard75

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

The crash now has 1 advantage, the whiners who thought to get rich quick Will be gone soon. And so Will the topics about mining is dead and mining isn't profitable anymore.

Who can resist the mesmerizing sensation of a mining rig?

Looks like a christmas tree with the sounds of a B-52. Girls beat the path to my door.
The rig pays off even I have to sell my left kidney to power it. "Hehe."

If it wouldn't improving my love life I'd prefer to buy the coins if it's cheaper than mining. Anything else is plain ... well ... retarded.

bluecoinX

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:16:56 PM

As long as it's enough to pay for the electricity, I think most miners won't turn it off.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:18:05 PM

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

Who can stand the mesmerizing sensation of a mining rig?

Looks like a christmas tree with the sounds of a B-52. Girls beat the path to my door.
The rig pays off even I have to sell my left kidney to power it. "Hehe."

If it wouldn't improving my love life I'd prefer to buy the coins if it's cheaper than mining. Anything else is plain ... well ... retarded.

The next 2 years of poweruse are covered by sells I did last december.  Shocked
All riggs are paid off since june last year, so a whole different scenario compared to the people who started mining this year and thought they would make big profits.
And they have another advantage for me, they also heat my growtents, otherwise I had to use heaters, now the riggs heat the plants, win win  Cool
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:09:12 PM

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

Costs are a bit lower here in Belgium bro, but still almost same situation. My rig has been offline for a few weeks now. I feel your pain.. And I think it will take a _long_ time for the market to recover.
mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:10:20 PM

Turn your miners back on, prices are rising again. We're going to the moon!!! Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: