Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:00:54 PM

For a 180mh/s 6 gpu mining rig, the actual profit is around 60$ per month (considering electricity costs).

Mining is dead at current prices. 

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:01:59 PM

For a 180mh/s 6 gpu mining rig, the actual profit is around 60$ per month (considering electricity costs).

It's dead for 2018 that's for sure
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:15:12 PM

It's not dead. I pay hilarious 0.21 c/KWh and still make 20 cents per day and card.

THAT'S ALMOST ONE CENT PER HOUR!!!!

I have still up to 3 days left before I pull the plug! Woohooo! Grin

Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:47:19 PM

During the every price correction, we can hear: "GPU mining is dead."
It is not extra profitable at the moment, but still profitable. After the market recovery We will have another story.
Business as usual... Wink
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

Im paying 0.16gbp per kwh and still managing to make profit. All this price correction is doing is weeding out the miners who were just in it to take advantage of a short boom in prices. The gpu prices will be coming down as the market gets flooded with secondhand ones and the companys selling new ones will have no choice but to cut there prices due to the market being saturated with cards. Yea it may be a crap time to mine right now but aslong as you are breaking even then mine on.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Digital Drug Lord

Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

It is not extra profitable at the moment, but still profitable. After the market recovery We will have another story.

There won't be a recovery it's over the investors are gone
b9ron

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:06:26 PM

Try mining something else than ETH or ETC, like shitcoins some have the potential to be the next big thing.

DYOR.  Cheesy
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:10:05 PM
Merited by mirny (1)

It looks like there are a lot of people freaking out about mining profits fluctuating. I have news for you guys, but bitcoin price is fluctuating right now. I honestly am not worried about convincing people that it will be worth it in the long run, because all that means if there is more mining profits for me. One good price spike up and all of the sudden everyone is going to wish they didn't sell their GPUs for cheap. If you all leave then the difficulty goes down and profits go up simultaneously, so it sounds like a win win for any miners when users are talking like this. It shows that you are not interested in maintaining a network, but only interested in maintaining high profits. You've said it yourself, it's still profitable and you don't want to keep the switch "on". I'm happy to swallow lesser profits momentarily, because if you can't handle a dip in profits then you don't deserve a spike in profits.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:13:10 PM

turned off my rigs is the best decision you ever made. it's not worth the hassle.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
BIERAAP

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:34:29 PM

I really dont get it why people mine if the electric costs are higher. Why not just buy the coins? Youll get more than with mining...

Just my 2 cents.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:34:31 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 03:50:52 PM by toptek

Im paying 0.16gbp per kwh and still managing to make profit. All this price correction is doing is weeding out the miners who were just in it to take advantage of a short boom in prices. The gpu prices will be coming down as the market gets flooded with secondhand ones and the companys selling new ones will have no choice but to cut there prices due to the market being saturated with cards. Yea it may be a crap time to mine right now but aslong as you are breaking even then mine on.

I agree we see who the weak are . if you mine for profit , mining's not your bag, it has it's  ups and downs . I like it during these times the most .

It looks like there are a lot of people freaking out about mining profits fluctuating. I have news for you guys, but bitcoin price is fluctuating right now. I honestly am not worried about convincing people that it will be worth it in the long run, because all that means if there is more mining profits for me. One good price spike up and all of the sudden everyone is going to wish they didn't sell their GPUs for cheap. If you all leave then the difficulty goes down and profits go up simultaneously, so it sounds like a win win for any miners when users are talking like this. It shows that you are not interested in maintaining a network, but only interested in maintaining high profits. You've said it yourself, it's still profitable and you don't want to keep the switch "on". I'm happy to swallow lesser profits momentarily, because if you can't handle a dip in profits then you don't deserve a spike in profits.

yup more for me, I mine and hold any way .I just had solar installed so my power cost won't matter to much either . an I'll replace the hard ware as i need to .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:40:24 PM

...Investors "gone" it is "over"...and Crypto is "dying"...this is jubilee 500.times...when crypto "dies".
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:59:15 PM

because if you can't handle a dip in profits then you don't deserve a spike in profits.

Dip? Lasting for last 3 months? Its not called a dip any more, its called crash.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:35:47 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 05:03:29 PM by Piskeante

interesting opinions.

I suppose everyone is paying bills right?? do you allow yourself to pay from your bank account what should have been paid by the machines??? i haven't gotten to that extreme of idiocy, sorry for that.

ahh ok, so you are mining and not selling. So actually every month you get nothing in return but to pay electricity on your own. So every month you actually lose money in favour of crypto. Ohh this soldiers of crypto, how hard it is to deal with your statements.......  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

how many of you already know that ETH will enter PoS at current mining rates before 8 months from now?? Do you have an idea of what you are going to mine instead??? I guess not. If instant profit is not your ideal situation, then you can afford losing money all the way till the moment comes when you can sell (if it comes).

And what about the reason to hold considering that cryptocurrency will turn to green??? Any argument not risible?? I mean...i don't consider blind faith as an argument, but it seems the top trending topic here. You should believe because i do it (said god) Nice!!! and if you don't consider it, you are mad.

And what about talking about future profit?? future profit? who TF can tell you right now this is gonna end well??? i guess the world is full of stupids ( a large amount of them are still mining at the moment). It's just a matter of criterium.
if i have to pay the bill for the machine, well, get the fuck out here, that's not what mining is for. And if that was the case, as someone said, you should better buy the coins instead of mining them.

and while we are talking, everybody here mining ETH is getting less and less money. Since i will not pay your bill (neither will do your rigs at current price), i will cut loses. But you´ll still be paying from your bank account your bills. That's utterly nonsense.

But i guess if at the current state you are still mining, nonsense seems to be the most adecuate word to describe it.

Please, continue posting, 20% loss today on ETH. But hey!! the market will recover , remember!!! No reason why, money rises in the trees!!!!

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:42:26 PM

It's not dead. I pay hilarious 0.21 c/KWh and still make 20 cents per day and card.

THAT'S ALMOST ONE CENT PER HOUR!!!!

I have still up to 3 days left before I pull the plug! Woohooo! Grin

You may be right but I don't see that disabling of the European miners had an impact on the complexity of the network. ETH coin mining is still very low. Perhaps you do not agree something or the other miners do not know how to count. We'll wait a few days and see. Maybe profit margins will block the fall in coin prices.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:46:06 PM

interesting opinions.

I suppose everyone is paying bills right?? do you allow yourself to pay from your bank account what should have been paid by the machines??? i haven't gotten to that extreme of idiocy, sorry for that.

ahh ok, so you are mining and not selling. So actually every month you get nothing in return but to pay electricity on your own. So every month you actually lose money in favour of crypto. Ohh this soldiers of crypto, how hard it is to deal with your statements.......  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

how many of you already know that ETH will enter PoS at current mining rates before 4 months from now?? Do you have an idea of what you are going to mine instead??? I guess not. If instant profit is not your ideal situation, then you can afford losing money all the way till the moment comes when you can sell (if it comes).

And what about the reason to hold considering that cryptocurrency will turn to green??? Any argument not risible?? I mean...i don't consider blind faith as an argument, but it seems the top trending topic here. You should believe because i do it (said god) Nice!!! and if you don't consider it, you are mad.

And what about talking about future profit?? future profit? who TF can tell you right now this is gonna end well??? i guess the world is full of stupids ( a large amount of them are still mining at the moment). It's just a matter of criterium.
if i have to pay the bill for the machine, well, get the fuck out here, that's not what mining is for. And if that was the case, as someone said, you should better buy the coins instead of mining them.

and while we are talking, everybody here mining ETH is getting less and less money. Since i will not pay your bill (neither will do your rigs at current price), i will cut loses. But you´ll still be paying from your bank account your bills. That's utterly nonsense.

But i guess if at the current state you are still mining, nonsense seems to be the most adecuate word to describe it.

Please, continue posting, 20% loss today on ETH. But hey!! the market will recover , remember!!! No reason why, money rises in the trees!!!!
pos for eth is more than a year away yet, get real , I agree on some of your other points though
mayers8851

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:59:27 PM

Not yet, not yet  Cheesy
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:02:48 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 05:29:19 PM by Piskeante

interesting opinions.

ahh ok, so you are mining and not selling. So actually every month you get nothing in return but to pay electricity on your own. So every month you actually lose money in favour of crypto. Ohh this soldiers of crypto, how hard it is to deal with your statements.......  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

how many of you already know that ETH will enter PoS at current mining rates before 4 months from now?? Do you have an idea of what you are going to mine instead??? I guess not. If instant profit is not your ideal situation, then you can afford losing money all the way till the moment comes when you can sell (if it comes).

pos for eth is more than a year away yet, get real , I agree on some of your other points though

have you done the maths? i suppose not.

the average time to solve a block right now is 15sec. You get 3 ETH coins. IN one year, you get 6,3 million coins average. We are currently at 98,2 million coins. Thats about 4 months. BUT!!! as it has shown the last reports, more than 10.000Gh/s have entered the total network hashrate in last week.  If you consider exponential increase in hashrate , you can see that actually a block does not last 15sec, more like 13 sec right now.

I suppose mining will stop eventually due to high electricity cost with no income (holders fault). But if this madness continue, we can go down to like 3 months in the worst scenario.

Rough_R

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:03:13 PM

Everybody who dont see any profit and dont believes must stop,
but every business have good times and bad times... its up to you :-)  
For some this is a hobby... and they are willing to loose a cup of coffee a day  Grin
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:08:28 PM

For some this is a hobby... and they are wiling to loose a cup of coffee a day  Grin

your coffee is very expensive then. my electricity cost per day on a 189,8mh/s 6 gpu mining rig (880W from the wall, so brutally nice) is about 3.8$ per day (0.18$ per kWh).

it's not a matter of good times or bad times. It's a matter of not knowing if there will ever be good times. And you cannot assure that. Or yes??

Rough_R

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

For some this is a hobby... and they are wiling to loose a cup of coffee a day  Grin

your coffee is very expensive then. my electricity cost per day on a 189,8mh/s 6 gpu mining rig (880W from the wall, so brutally nice) is about 3.8$ per day (0.18$ per kWh).

it's not a matter of good times or bad times. It's a matter of not knowing if there will ever be good times. And you cannot assure that. Or yes??
Like I said everybody decides for themself, my rigs take about 1kw/h and it costs me about 0,012$
I own a little store for almost 20 years and it was good and bad years, sometimes you work only to pay bills but still we work....
Something we will earn, and difference for a a day is coffee  Smiley   
I believe .... in better times   Smiley
MFTHC

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:22:19 PM

In 2013, more than 4,000 people shouted to the end, and the miners were digging.
Until the beginning of 2015, the mining machine was unable to pay the electricity bill, and it was shut down directly. At that time, the price became more than 900, which is the bottom.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:25:30 PM

In the q4 bounce, I'll be happy my rigs are still running. At 600$ electric out of pocket every month... I've wasted money on more unnecessary things before.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:31:50 PM

For some this is a hobby... and they are wiling to loose a cup of coffee a day  Grin

Like I said everybody decides for themself, my rigs take about 1kw/h and it costs me about 0,012$
I own a little store for almost 20 years and it was good and bad years, sometimes you work only to pay bills but still we work....

you mean 0,12$ per kWh right?? not 0,012$. Guess that's with taxes included right??

xberg

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:48:38 PM

I'm in the same boat.
I pay my electricity 0.13€ / kWh and I am today barely making a profit: maybe 10-15% only. At this point I also made the decision to turn my rigs off and wait for a price increase. Better to directly buy the cryptos rather than pay the same in electricity and deal with technical problems and wear and tear.
I will however not sell hardware right now and wait for the cryptos to go back up.

I am hit really hard as I've built my rigs in January-February 2018 so taking this crash with absolutely no ROI.

The equation is really simple: once revenues < electricity costs it's no longer worth mining.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

There are different reasons for why people want to mine. If your only goal was to make X amount of profit per week/month to pay your bills and the rig, then yes, that has gotten much harder to do over the last couple of months. However even at 0.30 USD power, as of today it's still profitable to mine after power costs are included.  In fact the total marketcap of all coins is no different than it was just 4 months ago. So unless you believe there is fundamental change of paradigm that renders current blockcahin technology obsolete, then market corrections are nothing new. It's just a good time to sharpen the sword and reevaluate your positions.

If you believe, as many people invested in mining do, Crypto is the future, then you need to make sacrifices for safeguarding your future. As said the power cost of most rigs per day is equal or less than a single cup of Starbucks latte that many have no problems wasting money on every day on their drive to work. One thing for sure is if you keep mining with a rig you already have, you will keep accumulating Crypto regardless of the current price and that cup of coffee you waste money on daily has ZERO chance of bringing you any return in the future.

Rough_R

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:56:26 PM

you mean 0,12$ per kWh right?? not 0,012$. Guess that's with taxes included right??
yes for 1KWH I pay 0,12$  or 0,10 EUR , it costs me per rig daily 2,4eur or 3$
Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:07:51 PM

I'm in the same boat.
I pay my electricity 0.13€ / kWh and I am today barely making a profit: maybe 10-15% only. At this point I also made the decision to turn my rigs off and wait for a price increase. Better to directly buy the cryptos rather than pay the same in electricity and deal with technical problems and wear and tear.
I will however not sell hardware right now and wait for the cryptos to go back up.

I am hit really hard as I've built my rigs in January-February 2018 so taking this crash with absolutely no ROI.

The equation is really simple: once revenues < electricity costs it's no longer worth mining.

how?
A 6 GPU rig mining 180MH/s@800w and 0.15$/kW ( 0.13e/KW ) is making about 100$ a month pure profit.

How is this anywhere near 0?

Btw, my 6 gpu rigs mine 175-180Mh/s @700w and im paying 0.11$/KW, making about 130$ monthly each.
The rigs use Nitro+ 470/570 cards, bought at 200e - 220e before May last year and have been payed for a couple of times over.

I don't see why i would shut anything down if it makes 1k$+ monthly.

People are panicking for no reason, the profits right now are the same they were mid 2016.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:10:19 PM

There are different reasons for why people want to mine. If your only goal was to make X amount of profit per week/month to pay your bills and the rig, then yes, that has gotten much harder to do over the last couple of months. However even at 0.30 USD power, as of today it's still profitable to mine after power costs are included.  

You must be demented/delusional, really, 96% of people don't mine for 10 cents of dollars per gpu rx 580 per day. Check the calculation cause i dont want to waste time telling the reality to your troll mind not to mention for you to break even will take 3500 days. Only lunatics, trolls, idiots will say mining is profitable now.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.3&hcost=440.0&commit=Calculate

Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:31:50 PM

There are different reasons for why people want to mine. If your only goal was to make X amount of profit per week/month to pay your bills and the rig, then yes, that has gotten much harder to do over the last couple of months. However even at 0.30 USD power, as of today it's still profitable to mine after power costs are included.  

You must be demented/delusional, really, 96% of people don't mine for 10 cents of dollars per gpu rx 580 per day. Check the calculation cause i dont want to waste time telling the reality to your troll mind not to mention for you to break even will take 3500 days. Only lunatics, trolls, idiots will say mining is profitable now.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.3&hcost=440.0&commit=Calculate

Checking calculations, 180Mh/s rig @700w @ 0.11$/kw  = 141$ / month

U wot m8?  Grin
retard75

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:42:20 PM

In fact the total marketcap of all coins is no different than it was just 4 months ago.

But there will no new bull run for a long time.

Those people that entered the market in December/January looking at losses up to 80%.
Played to death by P&D teams. Traumatized, sitting in the basement with a double-barrel shotgung
into the mouth. Potential new investors are aware of these destroyed lifes. Cry

We have to wait for the next generation of "Greatest Fools" in the Greater-Fool-Theory. Undecided
Could take up to 2 years.

Additionally, the banks declared war on decentralized cryptocurrencies. And the banks always win.
Crypto was a funny laughable thing until December. But then it became threat. Maybe they will let it
go as soon BTC hits triple digits.

Hehe.

Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:45:08 PM

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

4500 from the wall / hour.

And I Will Go on mining, even if it Will cost me my fiat money.
Why ? Because it Will rise again, when ? Don't know, but it Will.
The crash now has 1 advantage, the whiners who thought to get rich quick Will be gone soon. And so Will the topics about mining is dead and mining isn't profitable anymore.
retard75

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:48:42 PM

Checking calculations, 180Mh/s rig @700w @ 0.11$/kw  = 141$ / month

U wot m8?  Grin

You are just a couple of weeks behind of the 0.3$/KWh guys. Then you will be there too.
Vann

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:48:59 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:06:23 PM by Vann

Daily profit per day is a short-sighted and stupid way to look at long term investments. The profitability today is 100% irrelevant to what the profitability will be of the Crypto you mine today in week, month or year. If you were mining ETH in NOV 2016 when it was $10, 0.10 USD per day profit after power would have been about right. If you kept mining, a six card rig was making several ETH per week. In a volatile market such as Crypto, only an idiot would make profitability projections based on current price.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:56:32 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:35:32 PM by toptek

if your in it for the Profit, you shouldn't be mining unless you have deep packets because it will all ways go like this and if you do mine don't complain, it's like any thing, good times and bad times.

I like times like this the coins in most cases stay the same or go up as the weak stop mining and i don't care about ROI, an yea i said ROI for the fools that don't like that word ...you can still be smart, act wide  and not be so up tight . I thought we were mining virtual cash not real cash..... all ways have a backup ....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
retard75

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:15:24 PM by retard75

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

The crash now has 1 advantage, the whiners who thought to get rich quick Will be gone soon. And so Will the topics about mining is dead and mining isn't profitable anymore.

Who can resist the mesmerizing sensation of a mining rig?

Looks like a christmas tree with the sounds of a B-52. Girls beat the path to my door.
The rig pays off even I have to sell my left kidney to power it. "Hehe."

If it wouldn't improving my love life I'd prefer to buy the coins if it's cheaper than mining. Anything else is plain ... well ... retarded.

bluecoinX

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:16:56 PM

As long as it's enough to pay for the electricity, I think most miners won't turn it off.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:18:05 PM

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

Who can stand the mesmerizing sensation of a mining rig?

Looks like a christmas tree with the sounds of a B-52. Girls beat the path to my door.
The rig pays off even I have to sell my left kidney to power it. "Hehe."

If it wouldn't improving my love life I'd prefer to buy the coins if it's cheaper than mining. Anything else is plain ... well ... retarded.

The next 2 years of poweruse are covered by sells I did last december.  Shocked
All riggs are paid off since june last year, so a whole different scenario compared to the people who started mining this year and thought they would make big profits.
And they have another advantage for me, they also heat my growtents, otherwise I had to use heaters, now the riggs heat the plants, win win  Cool
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:09:12 PM

Dutch, $0.30 / watt

Costs are a bit lower here in Belgium bro, but still almost same situation. My rig has been offline for a few weeks now. I feel your pain.. And I think it will take a _long_ time for the market to recover.
mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:10:20 PM

Turn your miners back on, prices are rising again. We're going to the moon!!! Grin
BitBustah

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:11:21 PM

Turn on your miners back on, prices are rising again. We're going to the moon!!! Grin

Don't think so. Smiley

Locals are getting scared...
https://www.hln.be/geld/economie/bitcoin-blijft-crashen-en-stevent-af-op-beruchte-kruis-des-doods~a305ed61/
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:16:12 PM

Also turned off mine after receiving the last payout from Nicehash. It was almost unprofitable running a whole noisy mining rig. It's a shame that mining appeared very promising in late 2017 to early 2018. Will definitely try again in the next month to see if anything has changed till then.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
blockchange88

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:41:16 PM

posts like this make metroid have wet dreams of gpus unplugged.
retard75

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:15:49 PM

Turn your miners back on, prices are rising again. We're going to the moon!!! Grin

Capital mood swings FTW!  Cheesy

posts like this make metroid have wet dreams of gpus unplugged.

"Hehe."
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:43:08 AM

In fact the total marketcap of all coins is no different than it was just 4 months ago.

But there will no new bull run for a long time.

Those people that entered the market in December/January looking at losses up to 80%.
Played to death by P&D teams. Traumatized, sitting in the basement with a double-barrel shotgung
into the mouth. Potential new investors are aware of these destroyed lifes. Cry

We have to wait for the next generation of "Greatest Fools" in the Greater-Fool-Theory. Undecided
Could take up to 2 years.

Additionally, the banks declared war on decentralized cryptocurrencies. And the banks always win.
Crypto was a funny laughable thing until December. But then it became threat. Maybe they will let it
go as soon BTC hits triple digits.

Hehe.

Some amazing answers in this thread. Next to the pussy magnet factor Smiley, Vann gave a great analysis, and you "retard75" raise some interesting objections, but your ideological assumptions about how financial activity and the modern world function are completely fallacious.

Banks don't always win, many banks have and will go bankrupt. In fact it could be argued that the 2007-8 crisis was the beginning of the end for the existing fiat financial system, where a critically high number of people saw how governments and central banks print unlimited money out of thin air to protect their vested interests and the big capital owners at the expense of letting the vast majority of their constituency suffer unfairly (not to mention the rest of the world having to pay for exponential bets made by the US financial system through the devaluation of their currencies). This is one of the biggest reasons why Crypto Currencies appeared in the first place, to give intellectual individuals the right to win their freedom against institutions and governments that have sinister agendas.

Enough talented and resourceful people are awoken to the realities of the "politically correct" Post Cold War world now that they would rather start a World War 3 than let corrupt police states and their instruments (central banks, fiat money, law enforcement, etc.) continue to oppress the human will to sovereignty and freedom.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:02:20 AM

Looks like they just come back today and pushed the btc price up a little bit Smiley Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:05:47 AM

Its not dead for everyone,
Im not sure how much $ are you paying / KWH , and what are you mining

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
noctrex

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:04:55 AM

I take on a more casual mining approach, I use just my 2 existing older cards, HD 7870, for mining various CryptoNote coins.
Electricity here in Greece is a little cheaper, on my current power plan its 0,077€/kWh at day, and 0,066€/kWh at night, so if I keep my PC running 24/7 for mining, it's about 10€ of electricity per month.
Even with low crypto prices I mine about 1€ per day so the electricity from the PC pays itself after 10 or so days.
But I think that the best strategy IMHO is to hodl. Keep mining and let those wallets fatten up Smiley
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:39:23 AM

with 314.7mh/s considering electricity costs (not even counting taxes to be applied in the future) , getting just 150$ dollars profit per month. 121€ in my country Spain (considering current value € --> $)

Let's clarify somethings here.

- No, there isn't a bull run. Don't let people mislead you.
- No, it's not profitable
- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices. Moreover if you bought it in the bubble.
- No, it's not worth the effort and headaches to keep it working
- No, don't believe in blind faith guys. Stick to reality. Watch the news, watch the market, analyse technical data and consider the high risk of mining and crypto in general.
- No, the market is not recovering. And it will not do it.
- No, the market has no good news to recover from the fall. has lost 60% capitalization of the hole cryptomarket and others like ETH has lost nearly 70% of value.
- No, regulations, taxes and the end of the anonymity proposed by many countries will not help either.
- No, your coins, and other users coins are insignificant compared to big whales. They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it? Cryptocurrencies and their technical projects have been there for years. Why is it so that NOW, just NOW, we are seeing this? Is it because noone knew about this (which would probe developpers didn't do their job attracting money), or is it because now you can get profit trading Huh

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value?? do you guys know the meaning of TRUST??? very few people here say they've made profit. Most of them did it in December, but greed was greater than intellectual preparation, and they hold. Now they are in big losses.

BTW, my rigs are staying off. F. Off crypto.  

BTW (2) - ETH will enter PoS in just 4 months at current mining rates.

pickleburglar

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:34:10 PM

€0.07/kWh here, not giving a fuck and buying up the recent flood of cheap mining rigs  Grin
Yutard

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

€0.07/kWh here, not giving a fuck and buying up the recent flood of cheap mining rigs  Grin

You can still make profit after the coin price drop 50%.
BitBustah

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

with 314.7mh/s considering electricity costs (not even counting taxes to be applied in the future) , getting just 150$ dollars profit per month. 121€ in my country Spain (considering current value € --> $)

- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices. Moreover if you bought it in the bubble.
- No, don't believe in blind faith guys. Stick to reality. Watch the news, watch the market, analyse technical data and consider the high risk of mining and crypto in general.
- No, the market has no good news to recover from the fall. has lost 60% capitalization of the hole cryptomarket and others like ETH has lost nearly 70% of value.
- No, regulations, taxes and the end of the anonymity proposed by many countries will not help either.
- No, your coins, and other users coins are insignificant compared to big whales. They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it? Cryptocurrencies and their technical projects have been there for years. Why is it so that NOW, just NOW, we are seeing this? Is it because noone knew about this (which would probe developpers didn't do their job attracting money), or is it because now you can get profit trading Huh

I would give you all my merit if I had merit to give. You are so right. I have thesame opinion. My rig is also offline.

€ 121 euro is not worth it. I can't believe that people say 121 is worth it.
blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 08:50:15 PM

that mean you have to check your power prices better =)

best way to get power for free TongueTongue Tongue Tongue

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:15:48 PM

I've been around since 2014.

Back then a R9 280X made like $20/day during Nov/Dec 2013.

6 months later or so it pulled in maybe 25 cents a day. Even though it was still profitable a little, Most just made a Craigslist ad/eBay listing and if it sold, they powered it off and just took the GPU sales money.

Reason being that it's not worth risking the GPUs, PSUs, your house from starting a fire over 25 cents. So if someone offers you $250 for the GPUs it's better off just being sold.

I don't remember the exact details but a r9 280x gamers paid about $200-$250 for them back then so getting 1000 day ROI instantly was a better option.

The people who didn't sell their GPUs they just turned them off and waited until it became profitable again which happened about 2 years later in Feb 2016.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 11:39:44 PM

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value?? do you guys know the meaning of TRUST??? very few people here say they've made profit. Most of them did it in December, but greed was greater than intellectual preparation, and they hold. Now they are in big losses.

Wow, so much negative here lol
If you really think cryptos are dead, please leave this forum and cryptos
I'll watch you number of posts, if you don't leave you are just a desperate guy

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
blockchange88

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:41:45 AM

You half sacked fools are idiots for paying electric with crypto. Prices will bounce guys.
JcJet

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:58:26 AM

Proffitable mining it isn't a continuous process. In a begining, it was a hobby, which people were doing for fun, with their idling computing power, there was(and is) various boinc projects too. Fortunately for them, the market flied to the moon and their hobby was unexpectedly well rewarded. Well, for some of them it was a planned result. It was a price for having an interesting hobby not being a easy money chaser.
But for now, this market changes. Even the most stupid people are mining now. I'm sorry, it's rude, but just look at those faces on youtube. If it ever going to repeat (ehich is not likely because history doesn't repeat on market, sometimes it's just remind of itself in some form of a bad joke), these gamblers must be ejected so hard that they won't ever look at cryptos ever again even if it'll be bullish again. When mining won't be proffitable (at all) and people will do it just a hobby (for real), then maybe we'll have something healhy.
It still need to cool down. Some of the heat was dropped already, but it's still very hot, people still hoping for a moon, and many of them still buy videocards massively no matter what.
But probably there will be nothing drastic and mining will have some proffit with the help of brain and some cost optimization.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:45:28 PM

150$ dollars profit per month.

- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices.

Stick to reality. Watch the news

They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it?

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value??

*Yawn* you are exactly the type of person that we don't care whether or not you stick around. We are better off without ignorant and naive people that believe their opinion holds any weight, especially considering you probably just got involved with Bitcoin when the price hit $15,000+. You probably heard it was a good investment and now you're throwing a fit, because it is not constantly going up in price.

You said you make $150 profit a month, after considering electricity and then you say that it is not profitable. Those two statements contradict eachother, it is one or the other. A single 1080ti makes more than $150 a month, and ROIs in a couple of month even at current profitability/prices.

"Stick to reality. Watch the news", another contradictory pair of statements. You will either Stick to reality, or watch/rely on the news, but you cannot do both. The news is consistently misleading and intentionally so. If you truly believe the market will never recover then you are a fool beyond your years. Please, keep your rigs off, because we don't want you involved. Look at Bitcoin long-term and stop crying because you bought-in at the ATH. Bitcoin was a couple of dollars a few years ago, and you're exiting because it's down from $20,000. Good riddance. Please don't come back when Bitcoin reaches a new ATH. The investors that are not interested in innovative technology are useless as well; money without purpose is of no benefit. You ask why crypto hasn't been implemented yet if there is so much promise, the answer is volatility in price (caused by fools like yourself), and the difficulty of changing all of their current system. There will need to be pioneers, as with anything. You are clearly not going to be one of them.
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

You're right mining is dead.
Please sell me your rigs
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:25:15 PM

i don't usually debate o iniciate a debate with morons with no argument to support what they are saying. but i´ll answer anyway.

Numbers for me are clear. ROI for me is more than two years and all of my cards were bought at very low prices. I bought them for half of the actual price. So i'm by no means a guy that jumped in for the hype at all costs. It got me 4 months to get my 10 cards, because i did not want to expend that much on this shitty business.

Someone said : Sell me your rigs. sorry, customs and price of shipping would ruin part of my profit. I prefer to sell them in Spain.

it's insteresting, because you know what? as prices go down, more miners run to ETH. We are currently at 249.000Gh/s. That tells me something. Even the most informed ones, know NOW that those coins that were farming are not giving any profit, that's why they switch to ETH when market is down.

Profit is a word that depends a lot on your view. For me 121€ is not worth the heat it generates, the headhaches you get, the hours monitoring, the attention it needs, and the danger if something burns. Maybe you like risks. Maybe you need them.

someone also said: don't come back when BTC hits ATH. Can you please tell me the argument, the idea, the data, the technical analysis and the news that you have to say that??? Nothing?? that's the type of bullshit i'm just fighting against. People telling you to believe in something just because they believe it.

To assume that everyone has a 1080ti to mine what?? ZEC?? VRT,SPD? JLG? GRLC? Even LUX??? 5$ per day per card??? only Lyra2ver2 right?? yes, because you need really shitty coins that noone mines to take your profit. That's smart of you . So you may have to convert them to BTC right? Yes, don't answer. You are a non convential miner. You are those that mine day per day or even a week, and trade inmediately for BTC. So you are actually using alt-coins to profit not to technology, because if that was your point, why do you sell it???

so you are telling me about technology and changing the world, but you use altcoins to get more BTC not supporting those alts technology. Nice of you!!!
He said, in a rather rude way, that you are changing the system. Are you so ignorant to believe that governments and banks are gonna allow you to change the world with crypto??? Maybe yes in a technological way, but not economicaly talking. They will NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT.

He also said that crypto needs pioneers to run in front. Normally , those that run infront, are those that die the first. If that's what you want, take my blessing.

It would be nice to debate data, technical analysis instead of beliefs and thoughts. But this forum is full of crypto-radicals that are so blind that they cannot acknowledge reality.

as i already knew, you cannot change up my mind, because you have no clue of what's happening, you have no clue of when this will recover (or if it will eventually), and now, just now, your 1080 ti are taking the lead because of an algo that allows you to make more money per month than those AMD owners that , by now, should stick to ETH.

So.......you are telling me that mining is profitable. but you have to have a 1080ti. Also, you have to mine shitty coins. You also need to take a trader to trade it to BTC before it loses it's value or even disappears from your trader.

AMD owners have no option but to stay in the ETH algorithm, which is the one that is being crashed to hell at the moment.

talking about FUD actually needs and deserves a comment. Because it's the cotton proof. The more radical you are in defending cryptos, the more FUD you see alround. i see a lot of bad news, no FUD. i even see good news, but no changes. Market goes down and today. Today we are at prices of December 2017. So three months have gone to hell.

someone also said you don't want people like me here. Well, i don't like people like you here also, because you cant argument anything. Just hooligans of the crypto. And that shows me something. In my life i've seen that normally those who defend to the limit something, is because they live with that. I don't need crypto, that's why i say what i say. Maybe you need crypto to work because it's your only income.

And obviously, you don't want people talking about things. You need sheeps to continue buying coins and being shut up. I will continue telling people not to enter in crypto. They´ll only lose money.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 06:55:52 PM

i don't usually debate o iniciate a debate with morons with no argument to support what they are saying. but i´ll answer anyway.

Numbers for me are clear. ROI for me is more than two years and all of my cards were bought at very low prices. I bought them for half of the actual price. So i'm by no means a guy that jumped in for the hype at all costs. It got me 4 months to get my 10 cards, because i did not want to expend that much on this shitty business.

Someone said : Sell me your rigs. sorry, customs and price of shipping would ruin part of my profit. I prefer to sell them in Spain.

it's insteresting, because you know what? as prices go down, more miners run to ETH. We are currently at 249.000Gh/s. That tells me something. Even the most informed ones, know NOW that those coins that were farming are not giving any profit, that's why they switch to ETH when market is down.

Profit is a word that depends a lot on your view. For me 121€ is not worth the heat it generates, the headhaches you get, the hours monitoring, the attention it needs, and the danger if something burns. Maybe you like risks. Maybe you need them.

someone also said: don't come back when BTC hits ATH. Can you please tell me the argument, the idea, the data, the technical analysis and the news that you have to say that??? Nothing?? that's the type of bullshit i'm just fighting against. People telling you to believe in something just because they believe it.

To assume that everyone has a 1080ti to mine what?? ZEC?? VRT,SPD? JLG? GRLC? Even LUX??? 5$ per day per card??? only Lyra2ver2 right?? yes, because you need really shitty coins that noone mines to take your profit. That's smart of you . So you may have to convert them to BTC right? Yes, don't answer. You are a non convential miner. You are those that mine day per day or even a week, and trade inmediately for BTC. So you are actually using alt-coins to profit not to technology, because if that was your point, why do you sell it???

so you are telling me about technology and changing the world, but you use altcoins to get more BTC not supporting those alts technology. Nice of you!!!
He said, in a rather rude way, that you are changing the system. Are you so ignorant to believe that governments and banks are gonna allow you to change the world with crypto??? Maybe yes in a technological way, but not economicaly talking. They will NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT.

He also said that crypto needs pioneers to run in front. Normally , those that run infront, are those that die the first. If that's what you want, take my blessing.

It would be nice to debate data, technical analysis instead of beliefs and thoughts. But this forum is full of crypto-radicals that are so blind that they cannot acknowledge reality.

as i already knew, you cannot change up my mind, because you have no clue of what's happening, you have no clue of when this will recover (or if it will eventually), and now, just now, your 1080 ti are taking the lead because of an algo that allows you to make more money per month than those AMD owners that , by now, should stick to ETH.

So.......you are telling me that mining is profitable. but you have to have a 1080ti. Also, you have to mine shitty coins. You also need to take a trader to trade it to BTC before it loses it's value or even disappears from your trader.

AMD owners have no option but to stay in the ETH algorithm, which is the one that is being crashed to hell at the moment.

talking about FUD actually needs and deserves a comment. Because it's the cotton proof. The more radical you are in defending cryptos, the more FUD you see alround. i see a lot of bad news, no FUD. i even see good news, but no changes. Market goes down and today. Today we are at prices of December 2017. So three months have gone to hell.

someone also said you don't want people like me here. Well, i don't like people like you here also, because you cant argument anything. Just hooligans of the crypto. And that shows me something. In my life i've seen that normally those who defend to the limit something, is because they live with that. I don't need crypto, that's why i say what i say. Maybe you need crypto to work because it's your only income.

And obviously, you don't want people talking about things. You need sheeps to continue buying coins and being shut up. I will continue telling people not to enter in crypto. They´ll only lose money.

Wow lol
Man, don't worry about other people, just leave cryptos and be cool, you don't have to convince anyone

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
grosminer

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:06:50 PM

There's 2 types of miners.. the ROI addict and the other one.. let's call him the speculative miner.
You're type 1 and that's fine.. but no one has the ultimate answer

You can calculate the profit of your mining rig every hours, days, months or even years. So yes you can still make a lot of money from mining right now.. but maybe not if you mine the "most profitable coins of the moment" .. you could try to  research and mine other coins that could makes you rich but you'll have to wait a few months to cash out..

My 2 sats
retard75

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:16:49 PM

So yes you can still make a lot of money from mining right now.. but maybe not if you mine the "most profitable coins of the moment" .. you could try to  research and mine other coins that could makes you rich ...
Hush!  Embarrassed
(And I don't mean that coin.)
xberg

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:28:44 PM

Good (but of course quite sad) analysis. I tend to agree with most of what's written here.
goodb

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:50:17 PM

Guys , after so many technical search, ROI calculations , comments etc.. I also wanted to turn off my 270 Mh/s baby.. But wife says keep the house warm Smiley  (big radiator is defect) ,so she don't care what the f* ROI , may be this is the way for God saying me something ..But  I am worried even if ETH reaches xxxx €, in summer she wont let me run the rig ... just for relieve the stress here , hope u all smile  Smiley
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:28:27 PM
Merited by antantti (1)

Guys , after so many technical search, ROI calculations , comments etc.. I also wanted to turn off my 270 Mh/s baby.. But wife says keep the house warm Smiley  (big radiator is defect) ,so she don't care what the f* ROI , may be this is the way for God saying me something ..But  I am worried even if ETH reaches xxxx €, in summer she wont let me run the rig ... just for relieve the stress here , hope u all smile  Smiley

Yeah that make sense, using a probably $3k rig to heat your house all the while you are causing wear and tear to those expensive components. A $50 space heater would work just as well, and if you burn it up instead you aren't out 3 grand. If profits are that tight that you need to justify its expense by heating your house to offset the electrical costs, it is time to unplug it and sell the components while they are still worth something.

If you act quick you might be able to sell the components to the next sucker for close to what you paid new, but another month or two of this downturn, you will be lucky to get half or less of what your paid for them.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

I'll mine until I can't pay electric bill out of pocket because i'm just holding everything I make.  IMO turning them off is not an option unless you have to sell coins to pay for electric.  Plus I pay 6-7 cents a kw so that helps  Tongue

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Giorgi.mm

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:37:20 PM

I live in EU and just paying around $50 electricity for 6 GPU rig 175 mhs
lolchina

Merit: 103

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:46:26 PM

Here is great example for polaris card owners as there are more them then nvidia owners that are mining eth with like most of us do,on this site you can see how the profit is going down and that we migh see the new low when it comes to profit(have in mind that this includes mining before we went on a new bull run)Lowest recorded value: 32 USD on the 10/20/2015. Highest recorded value: 799 USD on the 08/07/2015.This is the data that shows you the profit if you have 1gh/s and profit keeps going dow/from yesterday 38.435 USA$ so unless you have free power or close to it soon you will mine with daily loss
https://www.etherchain.org/charts/miningRevenue
allferas

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:23:15 AM

god bless solar power  Grin Definitely i`m buying more gpus when everybody sell for sure, happy times for me Grin
kiver

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:06:39 AM

if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity
ryt3n

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:00:15 AM

"F off crypto" - on a crypto forum. Just... don't show up here? LOL.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:36:39 AM

Pure FUD.

Break even is about $0.30 / kwh

Most people pay $0.10 / kwh
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:57:23 AM

Pure FUD.

Most people in the world pay $0.20 per kwh and the average might be a little higher $0.25 in the world. Germany for example pay $0.33 per kwh.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

So if you pay $0.24 per kwh then you are negative, is a loss, you can't mine anything.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.24&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:59:12 AM

if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity

sorry but if you are a miner just to hold, that's nonsense. In that case (holding) it's better to buy directly the coins , save your money on hardware and on electricity costs and win as much as possible when it goes up (if it ever does) with no bills to pay.

a miner, a mainstream miner, is the one who cashes out everymonth to pay the bill and enjoy the profit. i can accept that as prices are too low, you can consider mining to hold , paying the bill out of your pocket and wait for better times.

But that IMPLIES THAT YOU THINK IT WILL EVENTUALLY GO UP. So at this very moment i ask you to tell me a reason, argument, data, technical analysis or whatever you consider to believe in that. (i do not accept your faith or your beliefs or thoughts as an argument, that's bullshit)

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:00:04 AM

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT. For example, most people in Spain pay 0.24$ /Kwh. Italy is like 0,26$/kwh and Germany more about 0,27-0,28$/Kwh.

DO NOT LIE TO PEOPLE.  Angry Angry

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:02:26 AM

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT.

Probably he is uneducated concerning electricity price, he just sees his ass on the line.

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:09:14 AM

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT.

Probably he is uneducated concerning electricity price, he just sees his ass on the line.

what worries me is that this people are always here to mislead others with false statements and lies.

Vann

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:10:49 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 07:23:06 AM by Vann

Pure FUD.

Most people in the world pay $0.20 per kwh and the average might be a little higher $0.25 in the world. Germany for example pay $0.33 per kwh.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

So if you pay $0.24 per kwh then you are negative, is a loss, you can't mine anything.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.24&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

Pure FUD.

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

so, according to your opinion it's worth mining because you break even at current prices. so 30 days mining for nothing right?? and have you considered that you may want to ROI at some point? or even enjoy the money the machines get, right?

To break even at current prices with no profit at all (just for the electricity company), i shut them down, because everymonth you use them mining, you reduce their re-sell value and you are overheating your house.

I can't think of a reason to mine , sell the coin and break even. I can't. and i'm doing my best to try.  

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:29:17 AM

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

rx 580 undervolted to 800mv, normal uses 145w and dual mining almost 200w and that is not counting summer which uses at least 30% more power for cooling and other things, so the 180 watts is the normal for summer cause 800mv might work on winter but not on summer, you have to increase that to make it stable and increasing it means needing more energy.

Also, do you think your fancy exhaust don't use electricity at all when you need to turn on on summer? or most people use air conditioner and ac uses a lot of power, so get your facts straight. That 180 watts per rx 580 was conservative to say the least cause there are people running rx 580 and using 250 - 300 watts and they have no idea they are at loss mining eth right now because of trolls like you that say that mining is profitable.

Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:13:32 AM

Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink
crocozino

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:07:49 AM

Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink

yes, that's the right answer here!
just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend
kiver

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:29:17 AM

sorry but if you are a miner just to hold, that's nonsense. In that case (holding) it's better to buy directly the coins , save your money on hardware and on electricity costs and win as much as possible when it goes up (if it ever does) with no bills to pay.

a miner, a mainstream miner, is the one who cashes out everymonth to pay the bill and enjoy the profit. i can accept that as prices are too low, you can consider mining to hold , paying the bill out of your pocket and wait for better times.

But that IMPLIES THAT YOU THINK IT WILL EVENTUALLY GO UP. So at this very moment i ask you to tell me a reason, argument, data, technical analysis or whatever you consider to believe in that. (i do not accept your faith or your beliefs or thoughts as an argument, that's bullshit)
okay i like your argument except the last part when you said "bullshit" but its okay  Smiley  i know lots of miners entered  in this industry just to make a decent income on a monthly bases but we all  know that (crypto market is new and anything that is new takes time to get adopted) and once it does you will see the change,  and about if iam basing my hunches on feelings that's totally wrong what i can tell you if i started mining some project  and if i look at their  roadmap and found something like an atm intergation of the specific project will be let say in 2019 and i trust the development team because i see they haven't lied about  any of their claims so far so i know that this i know that this coin will go up when the roadmap is complete or a part of it anyway, that's how everything in life works buddy
xberg

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:30:48 AM

Interesting.Would you mind sharing such a coin?

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

So if you have an example of a profitable coin *today* I'm all ears. Thanks.
EcoGEM_Club

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.
Thanks for your attention.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:47:56 PM

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.

What is that ? An ASIC is basically an "algo in silicium" with NO possibility to change. Change the code of the algo, you kill the ASIC. That's why MONERO is hardforking and will do regularly to kill ASICs on their cryptonight algo.
Should ETASH change the algo, the "ASIC" would become as uselfull as a brick. At the opposite, a FPGA can be reprogrammed.
Vann

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:24:23 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 04:08:51 PM by Vann

rx 580 undervolted to 800mv, normal uses 145w and dual mining almost 200w and that is not counting summer which uses at least 30% more power for cooling and other things, so the 180 watts is the normal for summer cause 800mv might work on winter but not on summer, you have to increase that to make it stable and increasing it means needing more energy.

Also, do you think your fancy exhaust don't use electricity at all when you need to turn on on summer? or most people use air conditioner and ac uses a lot of power, so get your facts straight. That 180 watts per rx 580 was conservative to say the least cause there are people running rx 580 and using 250 - 300 watts and they have no idea they are at loss mining eth right now because of trolls like you that say that mining is profitable.

Only in your delusional mind mining solo ETH uses 145W for a RX 580. Undervolted it's ~130W for a RX 580 and ~120 W for a RX 570. As I showed you by WTM, the facts are ETH is currently profitable at even 0.30/kw, saying otherwise is FUD and false. The Summer is also 3 months away and the current profitability is irrelevant to what it will be then. Last year at this time ETH was $50 and by summer it was $330. In Nov/Dec 2016 ETH profitability was 1/3 of what it currently is and those that kept mining and held were able to sell at 30X+ the profit.
grosminer

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

Ravencoin
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:58:12 PM

Ravencoin

I heard that is not that profitable anymore.

I am happy to hear people turning off and selling their rigs, more profit for everyone else :p
playfast

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:07:06 PM

I have a low end rx 560 rig, I see it as mostly a hobby too with small chance of making money.
I'm hoarding Musicoin and a stockpile of many low difficulty cryptonight coins  Grin
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:18:17 PM

Ravencoin

I am happy to hear people turning off and selling their rigs, more profit for everyone else :p

are you f. kidding?¿? Unless you are a moron, you may know that it will make almost no difference if 10.000gh/s disappear. OMG...what a level here.....

BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:34:43 PM

Ravencoin

are you f. kidding?¿? Unless you are a moron, you may know that it will make almost no difference if 10.000gh/s disappear. OMG...what a level here.....

Roll Eyes
crocozino

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:11:44 AM

well, we will see how long it will last, the main thing in post that it possible to do now
maybe two month more, maybe three, who knows we will see..
and also there is a difference, between miners eager to setup the rigs quite often for mining profitable coins and miners who setup one time for ETH and forget about it. I'm not quite sure all of miners who mine ETH will switch for new coins. i thing they will hot nicehash or zec)
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:43:19 AM

As I showed you by WTM, the facts are ETH is currently profitable at even 0.30/kw, saying otherwise is FUD and false.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.30&hcost=450&commit=Calculate

Going by your data which is false to think every troll will undervolt as you do or simple think about undervolt, also matter of silicon lottery, the idea here is to show the possible worse outcome as return cause that is how it means to be profitable, if you show all possible worse outcome and yet it show is profitable then it means you are going in the right direction. Anyway, like I said going by your data, If you think $0.02 is profitable per day per rx 580, be my guest, not to mention and mentioning minus 30% pools steal from users, yes I would agree with you if pools did not steal profit, if all cards were equal and more important if the world was flat. There is nothing profitable here at $0.30, $0.20, even at $0.10 kwh is hard to say if is profitable because shit happens, right now is only profitable if you have free electricity which it does not exist cause if the troll does not pay then another troll will pay its bill.

Also I ignored other things like exhaust fans or air conditioners which makes up for the bill, plus other things like cpu, motherboard, ram, ssd, psu and many other things.

pickleburglar

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:01:22 AM

It might still be profitable at 0.3/kwh or whatever figure but most people are not comfortable betting on that state lasting in the world of crypto for a year or more to get their investment back.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:07:15 AM

It might still be profitable at 0.3/kwh or whatever figure but most people are not comfortable betting on that state lasting in the world of crypto for a year or more to get their investment back.

I guess you did not read what I wrote about pools stealing 30% of your profit, do you think you get what whattomine shows you? Never. Now if you mine solo then yes you get those 30%, only solo mining really gives what whattomine says .

warning_btc

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:14:41 AM

Most miners use simple strategies.
Your strategy needs mass knoweledge and some luck

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:20:43 AM

mining is not profitable for most coins.

But once ETH will go PoS all of those cards will have to switch to another place, increasing enormously all those "profitable shitty coins", and hey!! everything will collapse. Unless a coin takes the place of ETH, and i don't see that happening any time soon since i don't think ETC can go that way.

BTW, all of my statements are becoming true, day after day.

But the main reason miners say it's still profitable, it's because most of them invested a big amount of money, and accepting this is gone , would mean it's a fail, and people don't want to accept fails.

now THE BIG QUESTIONS WE SHOULD ANSWER ARE:

- When ETh will go PoS? according to current mining rate in 2-3 months. So at any moment Vitalik can announce the fork.

- Where will all those AMD cards go? Mining Monero means overclocking if you want at least 280 sol/s (my GTX 1060 6gb is doing like 320 sol/s). Considering how efficient are GTX 10 series, AMD cards have a no go here. Nor in performance nor in power consumption.

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

- Will the market recover from this disaster?? Do you see investors willing to put their money into a business that is broken, falling down, that will face future legislations and regulations, Taxes, and probably the end of anonymity as we know it??? my guess??? NO, this is not gonna end well. I don't see why people would invest in a market that moves like a headless chicken. I wouldn't do it.

This situation, this hard, has never been seen by the community. Don't let them tell you we have seen it before. This has never been seen. The community has never had to deal with loses of 75%.
NEVER.

If they've told you to hold because will this solve anytime soon, well......they've lied to you, because i think this market cannot recover from a 75% loss

My rigs continue OFF, and they will be OFF for a lot of time, i'm afraid. Probably i will sell them because i can still make profit from them (since i bought them way below MSRP)

retard75

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:35:35 AM

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

Be ahead of the herd & don't tell anyone. That's how one wins the difficulty race. And pray sites like whattomine will never cease to exist.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:39:38 AM

Be ahead of the herd & don't tell anyone. That's how one wins the difficulty race. And pray sites like whattomine will never cease to exist.

You have the mind of bitmain ceo hehe

RYXES

Activity: 140

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:46:42 AM
Merited by Metroid (1)

If your electricity prices are higher than mining rewards, then don't mine. Buy your coins instead and save money and help drive the prices.

If your electricity prices are lower than mining rewards then mine and don't buy your coins and hold your coins to help drive price.

Simple. Mining 101 Tutorial Completed.

Merit me or don't.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:53:50 AM

If your electricity prices are higher than mining rewards, then don't mine. Buy your coins instead and save money and help drive the prices.

If your electricity prices are lower than mining rewards then mine and don't buy your coins and hold your coins to help drive price.

Very good, I wish people could research and see where they stand cause wasting power is never a good thing. You trolls must take in account that right now, buildings any gpu mining is a bad idea, what ryxes said is to people with mining equipment. If you dont have any mining equipment then buy the coin. Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

Vann

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:09:15 AM

Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

Tell that BS to people that mined several ETH a week with a six card rig in NOV/DEC 2016 when it barley paid for power. Or LTC when it was $3 for years. LOL.
hack4love

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:15:19 AM

Very good, I wish people could research and see where they stand cause wasting power is never a good thing. You trolls must take in account that right now, buildings any gpu mining is a bad idea, what ryxes said is to people with mining equipment. If you dont have any mining equipment then buy the coin. Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

and if you have free electricity   what would you do buy new gpu

imagine  you have free electricity    and you have 5k

what you do right now
Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:29:20 AM

mining is not profitable for most coins.

But once ETH will go PoS all of those cards will have to switch to another place, increasing enormously all those "profitable shitty coins", and hey!! everything will collapse. Unless a coin takes the place of ETH, and i don't see that happening any time soon since i don't think ETC can go that way.

BTW, all of my statements are becoming true, day after day.

But the main reason miners say it's still profitable, it's because most of them invested a big amount of money, and accepting this is gone , would mean it's a fail, and people don't want to accept fails.

now THE BIG QUESTIONS WE SHOULD ANSWER ARE:

- When ETh will go PoS? according to current mining rate in 2-3 months. So at any moment Vitalik can announce the fork.

- Where will all those AMD cards go? Mining Monero means overclocking if you want at least 280 sol/s (my GTX 1060 6gb is doing like 320 sol/s). Considering how efficient are GTX 10 series, AMD cards have a no go here. Nor in performance nor in power consumption.

- Will the market recover from this disaster?? Do you see investors willing to put their money into a business that is broken, falling down, that will face future legislations and regulations, Taxes, and probably the end of anonymity as we know it??? my guess??? NO, this is not gonna end well. I don't see why people would invest in a market that moves like a headless chicken. I wouldn't do it.

This situation, this hard, has never been seen by the community. Don't let them tell you we have seen it before. This has never been seen. The community has never had to deal with loses of 75%.
NEVER.

If they've told you to hold because will this solve anytime soon, well......they've lied to you, because i think this market cannot recover from a 75% loss

My rigs continue OFF, and they will be OFF for a lot of time, i'm afraid. Probably i will sell them because i can still make profit from them (since i bought them way below MSRP)

1. Monero is not Sol/s

2. Mr clever please tell me how much reduction is litecoin from 50 USD to 2 USD.

Some of us are here long time.

Last Fall was 96% for LTC and 85% for BTC.

We have room for Eth at 200 and BTC at 3000 with a recovery to 2K -3K per eth and 30K per btc.

STOP SPREADING FUD
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:56:16 AM

We have room for Eth at 200 and BTC at 3000 with a recovery to 2K -3K per eth and 30K per btc.

You are cleaver. I believe eth will reach $4k - $8k this year, and yeah btc will not reach much more than $35k this year.

mbdmbn

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:03:14 PM

You are cleaver.
Grin
goodb

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:55:43 PM

Guys , How it will effect the ETH /fiat  price  on the day  ETH `s PoS day is announced ?  I mean from the day Vitaly announced the exact PoS date and until the PoS happen, those days ? What do u think ?  will it drop / up ? high volatility ?
Vann

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:13:42 PM

The current Casper roadmap initially requires 1000 ETH to participate in POS rewards. Once sharding is implemented fully in to the main chain, that number is expected to drop to 10 ETH, which makes it accessible to many more people. I would expect once those plans are announced it will easily drive up the price by 2-3x in a short period as people buy up ether to participate in POS.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:45:21 PM

The current Casper roadmap initially requires 1000 ETH to participate in POS rewards. Once sharding is implemented fully in to the main chain, that number is expected to drop to 10 ETH, which makes it accessible to many more people. I would expect once those plans are announced it will easily drive up the price by 2-3x in a short period as people buy up ether to participate in POS.
even if this wasn’t the case there are pos pools for other coins, but yeah pos will dirve the price way up especially with lower inflation . pos is at least a year away tho
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:52:14 AM

POS staking, it all depends on the current eth's price, before was 1000, now they are talking about 10 eth, soon will be only 1 eth.

ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:05:20 AM

Electricity cost at my country is : IDR.1.400 or $0.1/kWh
I have 10 RX570
Total Wall consumption : 1550 W
Daily profit is : $5.24/day - $157/month

It's too long to take ROI

I dont know why at the price is not profitable, i think this cause of ASIC ( cryptonight ) or Ethash hidden ASIC
just my oppinion
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:00:30 PM

1. Monero is not Sol/s

2. Mr clever please tell me how much reduction is litecoin from 50 USD to 2 USD.

Some of us are here long time.

Last Fall was 96% for LTC and 85% for BTC.

STOP SPREADING FUD

i´ll answer you straight forward.

1º Monero is H/s but that is irrelevant for what we are talking about.

2º The reduction in price that you are talking about , more than nowadays HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NOWADAYS REASONS. by those days, the problem was not Taxes, nor regulations, nor Failed ICOS or directly SCAM ICOS, it was not about a huge increase in price like that that we saw in December. Nothing to do with governments trying to ban cryptos. Nor Youtube, google , twitter and others banning ads about crypto.

Obviously it had nothing to do with having a capitalization of 820 billion dollars and losing 75% of it. The SEC was not investigating people. China and South Korea had no plan on banning cryptos or closing exchanges. They had no idea of what was crypto as today, and very little people to almost noone knew about crypto, so the market was in hands of big whales cashing out.

Trying to compare this very different situations gives us an idea of your credibility. NEVER the community has had to deal with so many negative aspects around cryptomarket, and although coins have lost more value in %, the problems that face crypto nowadays are way deeper than those that made the coin collapse harder in the past.

Your last statement is glorious. So you tell me not to spread FUD, but you say without a single argument that the market can crash, and afterwards it can increase to numbers never seen before. And your arguments, reasons, data or technical analysis to saying that shitty things??? you have no clue. You are just one of those scared investors that are spreading their hope and thoughts among the community so as to discourage people to leave it, actually harming people WITH LIES.

You are far worst than me. Because i spread reality based on data, arguments and technical analysis that give me the reason. You only spread blind faith. You are only a moron. 

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:23:29 PM

Watch your profit people of the EU.

90€ per month for me at best and suffering 35ºC on my room most of the time (even with 2 pedestal fan) one for moving air and another to take it out of the room (through the window). i live by the sea and it's very hot with high humidity.

all of my gpus are the best underclocked possible with tier 1 PSUs Platinum.

I also changed my electricity prices. Now i pay from 13:00 to 23:00 hours 0.21$ and from 23:00 to 13:00 0.094$. (average cost of 0,142) This prices are the best in my country for 24hours continuos use. i spend 60% of the kWh in the cheap hours, and 40% on the expensive hours.

Also the ETH network hashrate is at it's max ever. More and more people are entering mining. Suppose with ASICS to destroy the profit of gpu miners.

if it goes below 400$ (the support of ETH is at 420$ more or less) i will stop them. The market will not recover for a while.

deskless

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:35:10 PM

I hear you man. I question headache every day.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:14:48 PM

meh i'm still mining eth, still profitable (just less than it used to be) and kinda just waiting to see what happens  Undecided Huh Cool Huh
Frankie001

Activity: 125

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 09:53:50 PM

If you can, mine and hodl, cash some out when the market picks up again, when it does you'll be happy you did, the slow hard grind makes the gains so much sweeter  Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
dsmn

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:00:53 AM

Hello there from sweden, mining is still profitable in europe, here is my numbers.

ETH 1200 MH/s @ 4800W / 0.15$ KWh.

Mixed 1060, 1070 and RX570.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=1200&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4800&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=1

ASICS is another thing, used to mine LTC but shut them down some time ago.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ltc?HashingPower=3100&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4750&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=0
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:49:11 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 07:02:03 PM by Piskeante

Hello there from sweden, mining is still profitable in europe, here is my numbers.

ETH 1200 MH/s @ 4800W / 0.15$ KWh.

Mixed 1060, 1070 and RX570.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=1200&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4800&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=1

ASICS is another thing, used to mine LTC but shut them down some time ago.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ltc?HashingPower=3100&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4750&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=0

Can you tell me when are you going to ROI?? in 2 years time?? also 1200mh/s with only 4800W. That makes no sense for me. even the lowest mining consumption for 1060 (i have 2 of them) and RX 580 (have 10 of them) are around 110-125. 1060 are not doing 30mh , just 22 to 25 at best. and 1070 just around 33mh the best ones. normal is around 30. if you have 40 gpus (muy guess is you have more than that, like 46 or something like that ), you should be using around 5000W at least. not 4800W. Are you sure of your numbers??

Do me those maths please. it will be interesting.

my 6 gpu RX 580 doing 189.9mh is using 920W from the wall with platinum PSU.
the other rig, mixed with 2 1060 and 4 rx 580 is doing 168,5mh and uses about 850w from the wall.

My rigs are tunned to the max. i spent 1 month trying to go to the lowest stable vcore posible at 1240 core for every single gpu. That's why i have gpus doing 31, 32 and even 32,8mh/s (for my surprise, it's a cheap MSI rx 580 Armor 8gb).

ETH gives profit, but are you ok with winning a month , like me, 140$ ?? i don't think that's worth doing nowadays.

bambam99

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:40:30 PM

What I'm most afraid of.... the summer is comming Smiley
BitBustah

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:53:08 PM

I gave up mning weeks ago.

Don't care what people say. Yes, I am in it for the money. And no, I don't believe BTC will go up in value.
deskless

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:58:57 PM

summer is not there for you yet?
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:35:46 PM

i wouldn´t suggest to invest in new hardware either, roi might be never reached, but who nows...tomorrow odds can be different
if you have your hardware paid off, you can still be profitable after electricity...i´m even mining profitable with 0,20€/kwh
just do some research and give a fuck about whattomine

dsmn

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:20:37 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 11:35:03 PM by dsmn

Can you tell me when are you going to ROI?? in 2 years time?? also 1200mh/s with only 4800W. That makes no sense for me. even the lowest mining consumption for 1060 (i have 2 of them) and RX 580 (have 10 of them) are around 110-125. 1060 are not doing 30mh , just 22 to 25 at best. and 1070 just around 33mh the best ones. normal is around 30. if you have 40 gpus (muy guess is you have more than that, like 46 or something like that ), you should be using around 5000W at least. not 4800W. Are you sure of your numbers??

Do me those maths please. it will be interesting.

my 6 gpu RX 580 doing 189.9mh is using 920W from the wall with platinum PSU.
the other rig, mixed with 2 1060 and 4 rx 580 is doing 168,5mh and uses about 850w from the wall.

My rigs are tunned to the max. i spent 1 month trying to go to the lowest stable vcore posible at 1240 core for every single gpu. That's why i have gpus doing 31, 32 and even 32,8mh/s (for my surprise, it's a cheap MSI rx 580 Armor 8gb).

ETH gives profit, but are you ok with winning a month , like me, 140$ ?? i don't think that's worth doing nowadays.

Im running a super optimized setup with modified kernel modules and such, and only 12 gpu per rig, and its cold here in north sweden so i can do some insane clocks on my memory, your count is spot on got 48 gpu's, the nvidia cards are doing the best, got my 1060's running at arround 70W limit with nvidia smi and doing 23 MH/s, 1070 104W with nvidia smi and running 31 MH/s, RX570 818mv 63W on the gpu part i think limited with ohgodatool, amd power limiting is a bit strange, running 29 MH/s.

The total number is measured with power meter at the wall and added up for my 4 rigs Smiley

About roi time on this kind of setup, no idea, bought half of the gpu's in spring 2017, my mistake was buying 24 more later in the fall, and not selling all my ether in the winter, so in the grand total ive just barely broken even now on those 4 rigs, with the 2 first carrying it all.

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST ANYONE TO BUY GPU'S FOR MINING RIGHT NOW YOU NEVER GET ROI, LET ME JUST CLEAR THAT !!!!!

"my 6 gpu RX 580 doing 189.9mh is using 920W from the wall with platinum PSU."

Thats bad numbers man, my 12x RX570 rig does 348 MH/s at 1450W.

1060 are the most efficient cards you can get.
Bitside.co

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:24:52 PM

Didn't realize ya'll were mining US Dollars and Fiat......
shield132

Activity: 2198
Merit: 848

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:28:46 PM

i wouldn´t suggest to invest in new hardware either, roi might be never reached, but who nows...tomorrow odds can be different
if you have your hardware paid off, you can still be profitable after electricity...i´m even mining profitable with 0,20€/kwh
just do some research and give a fuck about whattomine
Can't agree. If you were regularly checkinf whattomine or nicehash this winter, you may would see that profit with gtx1080ti was insane. It could roi in one month and half but now can't say the same. So still worths to invest in latest hardwares, more risk = possibly more profit or huge loss. I prefer this one + at least you can sell them if anything doesn't happen.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Orielres

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:04:27 AM

I have reduced the voltage and make them more efficient. So less heat.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:53:57 AM

I've already changed my mindset.  my mining rigs are unprofitable but they are paid off.  I still mine to make sure Im paying for my coin with electric instead.  Electric cost exactly the same amount I mine so I make zero profits . I do this to avg cost my buy in. I will even mine at slightly negative profits.  This is the best I can expect and Im doing this with titanium power supplys with 240 volt and a 26 cent avg electric cost.

So ya this will be a pure test of who capitulates and gives up.  I expect profits to actually get worst till end of year.   I'll run you guys down to the  ground into negative earnings  and i'll enjoy you giving up and capitulate.  I get a high off of this!!!

I have nvidia 1070ti/1080/1080ti rigs.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:44:09 AM

I've already changed my mindset.  my mining rigs are unprofitable but they are paid off.  I still mine to make sure Im paying for my coin with electric instead.  Electric cost exactly the same amount I mine so I make zero profits . I do this to avg cost my buy in. I will even mine at slightly negative profits.  This is the best I can expect and Im doing this with titanium power supplys with 240 volt and a 26 cent avg electric cost.

So ya this will be a pure test of who capitulates and gives up.  I expect profits to actually get worst till end of year.   I'll run you guys down to the  ground into negative earnings  and i'll enjoy you giving up and capitulate.  I get a high off of this!!!

Sadly, it may be you who gets run down to the ground first.

You are running at $0.26 cents average electric cost. Sorry to burst your bubble but much smarter people who also know how to optimize mining rigs are also mining at locations where electric costs are much lower. Hope you can shed some light on your plan and share it with us regular people.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:47:35 AM

Sadly, it may be you who gets run down to the ground first.

You are running at $0.26 cents average electric cost. Sorry to burst your bubble but much smarter people who also know how to optimize mining rigs are also mining at locations where electric costs are much lower. Hope you can shed some light on your plan and share it with us regular people.
Lol. True.
un4given

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

not turning off my rigs  Wink

Unlimited normal household power consumption

monthly rate

30 m²      22,90 €
31-50 m²      26,90 €
51-70 m²      30,90 €
71-90 m²      34,90 €
91-120 m²   38,90 €
121-150 m² 42,90 €

you are the lucky one. normally EU citizens pay between 0,05 - 0,30 euro cent per kWh
i am still making profit with 0,15 cent per kWh as a private person and 0,10 cent per kWh as a business
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:30:17 PM

today, another crash for ETH.

my Electricity bill for two months for the hole house has been 360$ which is a lot.

I've obtained 0.81 ish ETH on May, i around 0,76ish on June. This reduction has to do with the enormous increase in difficulty , due to ASIC mofos.

The profit today, electricity cost included, will be about 83$ per month.

More over, it's to consider one thing.

ETH can go PoS at any moment. The value of ETH is because in can be traded. If it's value would be related to technology, it would not change almost at all. So, if PoS disables ETH to be traded, buy , sell or mined, is the value going to go up or down??

Which event can give more value to ETH. Being in a market? or being centralized with the only value of the smart contracts signed with this blockchain. Take a guess.

As soon as PoS comes to ETH, make sure you´ve sold everything.

treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

its much more efficient to mine cryptonight coins & exchange to eth(if you want eth ofc), you will get more eth that way with lower electricity bills.
if you are to lazy to do it by yourself, you can mine on mining poolhub and autoexchange

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:19:08 PM

its much more efficient to mine cryptonight coins & exchange to eth(if you want eth ofc), you will get more eth that way with lower electricity bills.
if you are to lazy to do it by yourself, you can mine on mining poolhub and autoexchange

if that was the case , can you explain to me why the network hashrate for XMR and ZEC are below 1Gh/s , while ETH is around 250.000GH???

So, everybody mining ETH is stupid, because its more profitable to mine Cryptonight and exchange??

sorry, i don't believe you. Why? Because for my cards, (RX 580) are not so good in that algorith, and the power consumption makes almost no difference. All my cards are doing 30+ mh/s of ETH algo and all are working between 850 and 875mv which is an astonishing number for this cards.

swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:37:32 PM

The only people shutting down their mining operations are only those who don't believe in bitcoin and other cryptos. These type of persons are in only for the money and are not a value to the bitcoin community. I compare these people like flies who only want to suck blood.

If you truly believed in bitcoin and other cryptos in general , you would be like me, mining even at a loss and waiting for when the price of bitcoin and other cryptos will rise. It is not relevant where you live and what electricity pays if you believe in bitcoin and other cryptos.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
lunobird

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:45:31 PM

The only people shutting down their mining operations are only those who don't believe in bitcoin and other cryptos. These type of persons are in only for the money and are not a value to the bitcoin community. I compare these people like flies who only want to suck blood.

If you truly believed in bitcoin and other cryptos in general , you would be like me, mining even at a loss and waiting for when the price of bitcoin and other cryptos will rise. It is not relevant where you live and what electricity pays if you believe in bitcoin and other cryptos.

Mining at a lost only works if difficulty goes down and you can mine more coins even at slight loss,  However we got the opposite issue this time in this bear trend, Difficulty keeps rising up, profits down, losing money.  Why give out free money? 
smoolae

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:45:35 PM

I still see people buying together many expensive multi-GPU rigs for mining. I myself sold my rig in April, the profit wasn't worth it anymore with all the heat/noise produced. VEGA cards are going really nicely for miners, maybe some of them know things we don't Wink

treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:16:31 PM

if that was the case , can you explain to me why the network hashrate for XMR and ZEC are below 1Gh/s , while ETH is around 250.000GH???

So, everybody mining ETH is stupid, because its more profitable to mine Cryptonight and exchange??

sorry, i don't believe you. Why? Because for my cards, (RX 580) are not so good in that algorith, and the power consumption makes almost no difference. All my cards are doing 30+ mh/s of ETH algo and all are working between 850 and 875mv which is an astonishing number for this cards.

because ~95% of the miners are retarded and dont know what they are doing
yes everybody who mines directly eth is either stupid or have free electricity, if your 580´s are not good on cryptonight your biosmod and/or mienr config sucks,
buy a fucking wattmeter then you will see the difference between ethash and cN, 850mv-875mv says a fuck about real powerdraw on different algos.
you need alot to learn

just a small example with my 4 vega rig
with proper tuning/config

4 vegas = ~180mhs eth = 5,59$ daily befory electricity(~950w from the wall whole rig)
4 vegas = 8000hs xmr = 6,49$ daily before electricity(~710w from the wall whole rig)
(profits i took current stats from whattomine for idiots)

cn = -25% powerdraw + 16% more $ daily on xmr + 25% saved electricity

evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:27:32 PM

I mine eth directly, it is more profitable then XMR, i also mined XMR on part of my farm, not anymore, I did not sell eth for about half a year while mining and paying electricity.

Shit happens.

I honestly don't know how you manage not to be profitable with current difficulty and eth cost (again, i'm mining eth not usd anyway).
dsmn

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:44:51 PM

because ~95% of the miners are retarded and dont know what they are doing
yes everybody who mines directly eth is either stupid or have free electricity, if your 580´s are not good on cryptonight your biosmod and/or mienr config sucks,
buy a fucking wattmeter then you will see the difference between ethash and cN, 850mv-875mv says a fuck about real powerdraw on different algos.
you need alot to learn

just a small example with my 4 vega rig
with proper tuning/config

4 vegas = ~180mhs eth = 5,59$ daily befory electricity(~950w from the wall whole rig)
4 vegas = 8000hs xmr = 6,49$ daily before electricity(~710w from the wall whole rig)
(profits i took current stats from whattomine for idiots)

cn = -25% powerdraw + 16% more $ daily on xmr + 25% saved electricity

Heh you dont have to be rude man, and XMR is only that good for cards with HBM. And you can say what you want, but in my opinion those most stupid are those with vega's, at the time they were released you should have known the bubble would burst Smiley

So dont try to tell others they are stupid by showing your own stupidity. Wink
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1603

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 11:39:27 PM

Heh you dont have to be rude man, and XMR is only that good for cards with HBM. And you can say what you want, but in my opinion those most stupid are those with vega's, at the time they were released you should have known the bubble would burst Smiley

So dont try to tell others they are stupid by showing your own stupidity. Wink

great comment, a lot of people with very little business sense and professionalism get into mining and then come here to spread false propaganda about their fallacious business

practices. ETH would be a smart choice, especially if you are not forced to periodically sell your mining earnings, and can hold on till the price recovers a bit. These current prices

can be considered a solid bottom for robust coins like ETH & ZEC.

dsmn

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:35:03 AM

ETH would be a smart choice, especially if you are not forced to periodically sell your mining earnings, and can hold on till the price recovers a bit. These current prices

can be considered a solid bottom for robust coins like ETH & ZEC.

Exactly, and in the end you also have to say to yourself how do I want things to be, I dont want 10000 shitcoins being arround, now i dont call XMR a shitcoin, but manny of the other coins some waste their hashing power is shitcoins, and will most likely never be worth much so they are speculative mining something thats most likely never going up unless the big boss bitcoin pulls it up.

As long as some support mine buy etc shitcoins they are gona be arround. What they should be doing was to mine one of the big established coins, and show their support to something that has proven itself. Its all about the greed, people think they came to late for ETH "now i better mine this shitcoin and hope it goes 1000x", well let me be clear here it most likely wont, and you would be better of mining ETH and buying your shitcoin since eth is what gives the most for most common graphics cards. Smiley
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:09:38 PM

since last time, today i'm shutting down my rigs. The total profit after electricity is just about 85€ (about 100$) per month. I live by the sea, and in my mining room i have normally from 32ºC to 40ºC with a 24 hours two fan working to move and take out hot air. Air conditioning ON would destroy any profit right now.

What a disaster.  

ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:37:04 PM

Yeah, after bitcoin down and others altcoin since ATH. The mining profitability is very low at the moment.
I have 10 RX 570 card, based on coincalculator i got $9/day and after electricity is $6 per day. This is very not worthed
Omg9500

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:37:29 PM

I have a 13 GPU (RX580) rig which today generates around 11 euro a day and consumes 1750 watt on the wall. My electricity cost is 0.06 euro per kw/h hence per day approx 2.50 euro per day. Leaves 8.50 euro per day or approx 255 euro per month. not that great but still profitable. lets hope for better times.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 07:21:13 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 09:25:46 AM by Comino

If you are an experienced miner you are probably thinking of a long term investment.

Your first long term investment was when you bought a rig, considering its stability, durability of its components, energy consumption (for example, PUE of aircooled rig is up to 2.0, PUE of liquid cooled 1.05 this is where you feel a significant difference), the ability of the rig to change the components, upgrade its parts or even change the mining algorithms.

Your second longterm investment - not cashing out your mining profits daily.

With the right choice even at current electricity prices you can still have a small but regular profit with a future handicap.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
baga105

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:26:02 AM

The point of mining is making your bag full with coins, not selling them right away.

Just shut down, there will be difficulty drop. more coins for me Cheesy

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
xxxyyyzzz

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:33:33 AM

since last time, today i'm shutting down my rigs. The total profit after electricity is just about 85€ (about 100$) per month. I live by the sea, and in my mining room i have normally from 32ºC to 40ºC with a 24 hours two fan working to move and take out hot air. Air conditioning ON would destroy any profit right now.

What a disaster.  

Yes, totally agree with you. not profitable, right now... if we call 100USD not profitable, but still if you need AC on, then tottaly better to turn it off.  i hope this will be better when this summer is over. if things stays the same.   lets watch for profits and make best out of it... 

i like mining, its a bit a hobie for me, but not for every cost... lets be reasonable here.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:46:50 PM

The point of mining is making your bag full with coins, not selling them right away.

turning my rigs off will not make any difference at all. In fact, yesterday the network hashrate went for 247.000GH, and today is at 262.000GH and this increase is due to ASIC which are going to make your mining way less profitable.

lunobird

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:31:27 PM

Be lucky you guys are saying less profits. I been going red losing money each month at 26 cents kwatt rate with my 34 gpu Nvidia   Seeing your profits diminish makes me excited. I'll pay a bit to laugh and see you all suffer.  I'm going to grind you all down to the ground with me till you cry and capitulate and panic dump.

Guess what's after the bear trend. It's accumulation at low prices. That's means you won't be making any profits this year. It's going to be a very loooong grind downwards and eventually at the bottom flat into next year
Sikkan666

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:50:56 PM

couldnt agree more. And mining what EVERYone else is mining (yes, I am looking at you, whattomine-miner) is just not the best. and being a zombie-miner (nicehash) is even worse.

I am not shuttng down for atleast 2,5 years.
borox

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:29:19 PM

Hi,

my rigs still create a nice profit for me (still above 800$ a month). Of course, it depends where you live in the EU - and what your current energy costs per kWh are. And how you configure your devices. I am currently running my GPU rigs using a pool/algo/device switching script (https://github.com/RainbowMiner/RainbowMiner) that is able to set MSI Afterburner profiles according to different miners and algorithms. With that, I have the impression, my rigs hit the most-profitable bell quite often.

borox
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:56:41 PM

Now, when ETH dropped considerably again there will probably be more and more miners switching off their rigs. But, especially, if you’ve been mining for some time and your rig has already covered your investment, you will keep earning. Keep the coins, be patient and target long-term.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Seems so many people are shutting down their rigs... however looking at the difficulty charts it doesn't reflect that. The difficulty is still climbing.

So most likely the difficulty will still go up, even if price goes lower.

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dagarair

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:46:17 PM

I keep mining through the bad times, unless you all just sell as soon as you get it (and I guess thats a bunch of you) this is just a phase.  We old timers have seen it 50 times before.  ITS NOT A LOSS UNLESS YOU SELL IT NOW.  If you have to pay your bills with mining proceeds, then yeah sell your rigs and trade in coins.

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:17:02 PM

people are not switching off their machines because THEY TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT THIS SITUATION IS JUST A STONE IN THE ROAD AND THE MARKET WILL GROW. They have no basis, no data, not even any technical analysis to suggest that that is bound to happen. That's just crazy.

here, are even guys that have posted saying they are mining at loss. For a miner, that's mad. like really mad. it would be better to buy directly the coins than mine for them at loss. That makes no sense. but i think is this mad world of crypto, almost nothing makes sense.

My mining rigs have been off for about 7 days now i think. Difficulty is increasing, so don't be that stupid to say that if i turn them off you win more money. Those are words that only a fuc.ing moron would say.

Even at this low prices, there is not an instant pump, so this means noone is willing to buy this coins. NOONE. If this situation continues another 24 hours more, we will see another dump in prices to about 300$ per ETH.

most of you have BLIND FAITH. My experience in this world has shown me that morons are the ones the die the first. If you don't risk you don't win right? i guess most of you consider this a small stone in the road. I'm afraid it's bigger than you think.

But hey! enjoy your actual loses mining.  My question is: how many more hits are you willing to receive before you consider, for the first time ever about this, that the situation is really tough and that there is a big possibility that the market dies???

I will not mine for loses. That's not my idea of mining.

badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:35:25 PM

Seems so many people are shutting down their rigs... however looking at the difficulty charts it doesn't reflect that. The difficulty is still climbing.

So most likely the difficulty will still go up, even if price goes lower.

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

I would think most of the big farms are not shutting down they have low electrical cost and are not operating at a loss.  I moved all my rigs to ether because of the lower electrical usage.

Watch sentiment, when the people get really disputant and give up is when the market will turn.
gotminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:18:28 PM

people are not switching off their machines because THEY TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT THIS SITUATION IS JUST A STONE IN THE ROAD AND THE MARKET WILL GROW. They have no basis, no data, not even any technical analysis to suggest that that is bound to happen. That's just crazy.

-There are no guarantees in life.  I wouldn't want to live my life without taking risks that are reasonable to me.  The market will eventually grow.  BTC isn't going anywhere.  My basis for that prediction is the past.  Have you ever looked at historical data?  Get over it, you're never going to find "proof" that btc will be worth X amount of dollars in the future.

here, are even guys that have posted saying they are mining at loss. For a miner, that's mad. like really mad. it would be better to buy directly the coins than mine for them at loss. That makes no sense. but i think is this mad world of crypto, almost nothing makes sense.

-I'm not mining at a loss, but I'm not doing as well as I was earlier in the year.  Sounds like you don't know anything about mining other than ETH.  I'm not converting anything to fiat either.  Never have.  I'm placing my bet on the btc price being several times what it is now in the next 3-5 years.  If someone wants to mine with the hardware that they already have at a loss and has that same belief, why would they shut their rigs off?  That's what doesn't make sense.  Either shut them off and sell them or continue mining.

My mining rigs have been off for about 7 days now i think. Difficulty is increasing, so don't be that stupid to say that if i turn them off you win more money. Those are words that only a fuc.ing moron would say.

Are you selling your rigs?  If you're just waiting for a coin price to go up and then turn them back on, you're the fucking moron.
 Difficulty is only going to continue to increase.  If you are just sitting on your rigs, they are becoming less and less valuable, while you are getting nothing out of them.

Even at this low prices, there is not an instant pump, so this means noone is willing to buy this coins. NOONE. If this situation continues another 24 hours more, we will see another dump in prices to about 300$ per ETH.

If there is another bitcoin sell off, eth will probably decrease in value as well.  I really don't think you understand the concept of trading. For every sell order filled, there is a buyer on the other end.

most of you have BLIND FAITH. My experience in this world has shown me that morons are the ones the die the first. If you don't risk you don't win right? i guess most of you consider this a small stone in the road. I'm afraid it's bigger than you think.

I agree.  You shut your rigs down, rolled over, and died.  I guess you're that moron that you are speaking of.  Grin

But hey! enjoy your actual loses mining.  My question is: how many more hits are you willing to receive before you consider, for the first time ever about this, that the situation is really tough and that there is a big possibility that the market dies???

Well I haven't taken any hits, because I haven't sold any crypto for fiat.  I've only traded mined shitcoins for btc when the trading pair is acceptable to me.  The situation really isn't that tough for me.  I have the funds to pay my electrical expenses by other means than selling mined coins.  Big possibility that the crypto market dies?  Are you high?  Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:48:29 PM

-There are no guarantees in life.  I wouldn't want to live my life without taking risks that are reasonable to me.  The market will eventually grow.  BTC isn't going anywhere.  My basis for that prediction is the past.  Have you ever looked at historical data?  Get over it, you're never going to find "proof" that btc will be worth X amount of dollars in the future.

-I'm not mining at a loss, but I'm not doing as well as I was earlier in the year.  Sounds like you don't know anything about mining other than ETH.  I'm not converting anything to fiat either.  Never have.  I'm placing my bet on the btc price being several times what it is now in the next 3-5 years.  If someone wants to mine with the hardware that they already have at a loss and has that same belief, why would they shut their rigs off?  That's what doesn't make sense.  Either shut them off and sell them or continue mining.

Are you selling your rigs?  If you're just waiting for a coin price to go up and then turn them back on, you're the fucking moron.
 Difficulty is only going to continue to increase.  If you are just sitting on your rigs, they are becoming less and less valuable, while you are getting nothing out of them.

If there is another bitcoin sell off, eth will probably decrease in value as well.  I really don't think you understand the concept of trading. For every sell order filled, there is a buyer on the other end.

I agree.  You shut your rigs down, rolled over, and died.  I guess you're that moron that you are speaking of.  Grin

Well I haven't taken any hits, because I haven't sold any crypto for fiat.  I've only traded mined shitcoins for btc when the trading pair is acceptable to me.  The situation really isn't that tough for me.  I have the funds to pay my electrical expenses by other means than selling mined coins.  Big possibility that the crypto market dies?  Are you high?  Grin

i'm not even going to bother quoting you, sorry.

you talk about "reasonable risk". but denying the situation, you are actually not being reasonable. In fact, you don't even consider the idea of a big crash of this market. Not even watching and suffering the signs.

SEC has postoponed their decision to 30 September. Only this caused a 10-13% drop over the last 24 hours for ETH and like 10% for BTC. Imagine what will happen if they deny that. CAN YOU IMAGINE??? What will happen if by 30 September SEC does not allow them to operate??? Ohh no, wait, you are above reality. the only thing that matters for you is your blind faith. You are not willing to accept anything the differs from your blind faith.

i'm not selling my rigs.

Your idea is: continue mining, even if i have to pay the electricity bill from my pocket because i know the coin will recover it's value. BTW, you have no fucking idea if that will happen. Just blind faith.

my idea is: i will not pay money out of my pocket to pay electricity, because if that happens, i'm a holder, and hodlers are better off buying the coins. Consider this. With the money you are paying everymonth for electricity, you could by more coins and be more profitable than paying for electricity. Are you sure you are not the MORON HERE???

BTW, i sell my coins for fiat once every two months, and only the amount to pay my electricity. Once i get ENOUGH profit by mining, i will turn them on. Sorry, i will not money on loses. Do it yourself.

Difficulty will increase. and no doubt in a few months your rigs will get less and less coins, but paying the same amount of electricity. ASIC is already destroying you. But you don't know it yet. You´ll discover it yourself sooner or later. In your case, probably later, i guess.

the concept of trading is simple. more than you are. it goes like this.

traders buy the coins the cheapest possible. the more you buy, the more the price will pump. Stupid people join the hype-train and buy, influenced by other stupids saying: hey!!1 jump in now or regret it!!! Those stupids are in a bull trap, but they don't know it. those initial traders, after getting their 5-10% will sell their coins for profit, because NOONE CARES ABOUT TECHNOLOGY. iS ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

If the coin continues to increase in price, traders will hold it for 6-12 hours. If it stops, they will sell and drop the value of the coin. If that drop triggers more sells from other inverstors, they will place buy orders are low prices, and if that prices is achieved, than they will buy.

The market is so manipulated that a big whale can push the coin up him alone.

the market has lost 25% cap in just 1 week. currently at 225 billion, from almost 300 billion. Noone buying coins. LITERALLY NOONE. So, are they waiting for the price to drop more to buy? how much more?? so people are willing to buy a coin that is "valuable" but they are waiting for it to be less valuable to buy it. God lord will push the "valuable" coin later, don't worry. Money grows in trees right??  Is that your idea???

never mind. you are one of those believers that will prefer to die mining that accepting they are acting like real morons. i don't blame you. this forum is toxic. Reality does not matter here. Hype is everything. And hype will dissapear anytime soon. Just enjoy your coins. who knows, tomorrow you can wake up and see  a big 0 on your account.

If that happen, i will be here. You´ll make my day.

gotminer

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:38:57 AM

you talk about "reasonable risk". but denying the situation, you are actually not being reasonable. In fact, you don't even consider the idea of a big crash of this market. Not even watching and suffering the signs.

It's a reasonable risk to me, because I only have about 25K usd invested in mining hardware and maybe another 10K usd that I trade with.  If it all goes to zero, so what.  It's not my life savings.  It's a small drop in the bucket compared to what most people will earn in their lifetime.  It could go either way and that's the risk that I'm willing to take.  I could also die in a car crash tomorrow.  No one can predict the future.

SEC has postoponed their decision to 30 September. Only this caused a 10-13% drop over the last 24 hours for ETH and like 10% for BTC. Imagine what will happen if they deny that. CAN YOU IMAGINE??? What will happen if by 30 September SEC does not allow them to operate??? Ohh no, wait, you are above reality. the only thing that matters for you is your blind faith. You are not willing to accept anything the differs from your blind faith.

Just an FYI, the SEC can continue delaying their decision until Feb 2019 on the CBOE ETF, if they choose to do so.  There are nearly 20 ETF proposals currently being considered.  Winklevoss ETF got shut down on their second proposal a week or so ago.  If anyone is going to get an ETF through, I believe that it will be a CBOE partnered ETF, because they are already in BTC futures market.  And a SEC green flag isn't the end of the line.  There will still be more red tape, before they can actually operate.  My best guess is that we won't see any ETF's in 2018.

i'm not selling my rigs.

Your idea is: continue mining, even if i have to pay the electricity bill from my pocket because i know the coin will recover it's value. BTW, you have no fucking idea if that will happen. Just blind faith.

my idea is: i will not pay money out of my pocket to pay electricity, because if that happens, i'm a holder, and hodlers are better off buying the coins. Consider this. With the money you are paying everymonth for electricity, you could by more coins and be more profitable than paying for electricity. Are you sure you are not the MORON HERE???

Never said that I know the crypto market would recover and surpass all time highs.  I said that I'm willing to make the bet that it will over the next 3-5 years.  I said that is the risk that I am personally willing to take.  To each their own.

BTW, i sell my coins for fiat once every two months, and only the amount to pay my electricity. Once i get ENOUGH profit by mining, i will turn them on. Sorry, i will not money on loses. Do it yourself.

Sorry for your loss.

Difficulty will increase. and no doubt in a few months your rigs will get less and less coins, but paying the same amount of electricity. ASIC is already destroying you. But you don't know it yet. You´ll discover it yourself sooner or later. In your case, probably later, i guess.

ASIC's are not destroying me, because I'm not mining an algo that has ASIC's on it.

traders buy the coins the cheapest possible. the more you buy, the more the price will pump. Stupid people join the hype-train and buy, influenced by other stupids saying: hey!!1 jump in now or regret it!!! Those stupids are in a bull trap, but they don't know it. those initial traders, after getting their 5-10% will sell their coins for profit, because NOONE CARES ABOUT TECHNOLOGY. iS ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

If the coin continues to increase in price, traders will hold it for 6-12 hours. If it stops, they will sell and drop the value of the coin. If that drop triggers more sells from other inverstors, they will place buy orders are low prices, and if that prices is achieved, than they will buy.

Trading is always about profit.  Whether it's short, mid, or long term, it's always about gains.  Doesn't matter if you're trading btc to gain more fiat or you're trading mined shitcoins to gain more btc.  It's always about gains.  IN ANY MARKET!  WAKE UP DUDE!  I'm sorry you've lost more than you can afford, but maybe you should go trade something boring like Forex or just stick to putting money into your 401k.  I don't think crypto is for you.

the market has lost 25% cap in just 1 week. currently at 225 billion, from almost 300 billion. Noone buying coins. LITERALLY NOONE. So, are they waiting for the price to drop more to buy? how much more?? so people are willing to buy a coin that is "valuable" but they are waiting for it to be less valuable to buy it. God lord will push the "valuable" coin later, don't worry. Money grows in trees right??  Is that your idea???

The btc market alone dropped from 19kish to 13kish during the week of 12-18-2017.  That's more than 25%.  What's your point?

never mind. you are one of those believers that will prefer to die mining that accepting they are acting like real morons. i don't blame you. this forum is toxic. Reality does not matter here. Hype is everything. And hype will dissapear anytime soon. Just enjoy your coins. who knows, tomorrow you can wake up and see  a big 0 on your account.

Again, I'm very sorry that you're not feeling well, probably due to the fact that you have lost a lot of money.  I would suggest meditation.  Also, take a break for this forum and/or anything crypto related.  This forum is only toxic, because people like you make it that way.  I'm realistic.  I know the entire market could go to zero and I've accepted the risk with peace.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:17:56 AM

FYI:  a buy and hold perspective carries the same exact "blind faith" that mining at a [current] loss has.

They are both valid perspectives.

Its completely ironic how most people are too naive to look past their own selves; and must continue to badger the other for having their own perspective.

This shouldn't be an argument or pissing match.  It should be a discussion.

But who am I to say anything.....   I'm just another opinion/perspective.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
gotminer

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:05:41 AM

Agree mostly with the poster directly above me.  I guess the "cry baby" didn't come back to respond.  Hopefully he is reading savingadvice.com or something similar.  My guess is that he thought he was going to make a business out of crypto that netted him high daily returns, so he could quit a shitty job.  He was sadly mistaken.  Keep your job at Subway.  I like their sandwiches, sometimes.  If he would have looked back far enough and fast enough during the time that he was overpaying for gpu's, he would have seen the writing on the wall.

I don't know what his electricity cost is ... Perhaps it's 3X what I pay.  He is in Europe, if I recall.  If I paid 0.30$usd/kwh, I would most certainly stop mining and sell my hardware.  Probably never would have started mining to begin with, if the electricity cost was that high.

dagarair

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 12:18:25 AM

OR just send it to me...... I'll host it at 13 centsish  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.0

percy_tc

Activity: 583

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:42:07 PM

i'm not selling my rigs.

SEC is nothing to do with price. This is just the regular whale manipulation.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:49:51 PM

SEC is nothing to do with price. This is just the regular whale manipulation.

So true and the same whales will after have bought a lot of cheap crypto, pump these coins 10 - 50 times hehe, the ones selling are whales fool's errand hehe

RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

Nicehash and automatic dump miners or flash miners are fu*king the network hashrate with sudden spikes which increases the difficulty in every single coin with a sudden difficulty retarget , if you know what i am talking about and you are an old miner you will yes me!

2016 GPU Miner
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: