Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:16:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:39:38 AM

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

Be ahead of the herd & don't tell anyone. That's how one wins the difficulty race. And pray sites like whattomine will never cease to exist.

You have the mind of bitmain ceo hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:46:42 AM
Merited by Metroid (1)

If your electricity prices are higher than mining rewards, then don't mine. Buy your coins instead and save money and help drive the prices.

If your electricity prices are lower than mining rewards then mine and don't buy your coins and hold your coins to help drive price.

Simple. Mining 101 Tutorial Completed.

Merit me or don't.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:53:50 AM

If your electricity prices are higher than mining rewards, then don't mine. Buy your coins instead and save money and help drive the prices.

If your electricity prices are lower than mining rewards then mine and don't buy your coins and hold your coins to help drive price.

Very good, I wish people could research and see where they stand cause wasting power is never a good thing. You trolls must take in account that right now, buildings any gpu mining is a bad idea, what ryxes said is to people with mining equipment. If you dont have any mining equipment then buy the coin. Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:09:15 AM

Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

Tell that BS to people that mined several ETH a week with a six card rig in NOV/DEC 2016 when it barley paid for power. Or LTC when it was $3 for years. LOL.
hack4love

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:15:19 AM

Very good, I wish people could research and see where they stand cause wasting power is never a good thing. You trolls must take in account that right now, buildings any gpu mining is a bad idea, what ryxes said is to people with mining equipment. If you dont have any mining equipment then buy the coin. Also remember that your electricity must not exceed 30% of your gross monthly profit. That is the only way you will get a net profit.

and if you have free electricity   what would you do buy new gpu

imagine  you have free electricity    and you have 5k

what you do right now
Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:29:20 AM

mining is not profitable for most coins.

But once ETH will go PoS all of those cards will have to switch to another place, increasing enormously all those "profitable shitty coins", and hey!! everything will collapse. Unless a coin takes the place of ETH, and i don't see that happening any time soon since i don't think ETC can go that way.

BTW, all of my statements are becoming true, day after day.

But the main reason miners say it's still profitable, it's because most of them invested a big amount of money, and accepting this is gone , would mean it's a fail, and people don't want to accept fails.

now THE BIG QUESTIONS WE SHOULD ANSWER ARE:

- When ETh will go PoS? according to current mining rate in 2-3 months. So at any moment Vitalik can announce the fork.

- Where will all those AMD cards go? Mining Monero means overclocking if you want at least 280 sol/s (my GTX 1060 6gb is doing like 320 sol/s). Considering how efficient are GTX 10 series, AMD cards have a no go here. Nor in performance nor in power consumption.

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

- Will the market recover from this disaster?? Do you see investors willing to put their money into a business that is broken, falling down, that will face future legislations and regulations, Taxes, and probably the end of anonymity as we know it??? my guess??? NO, this is not gonna end well. I don't see why people would invest in a market that moves like a headless chicken. I wouldn't do it.

This situation, this hard, has never been seen by the community. Don't let them tell you we have seen it before. This has never been seen. The community has never had to deal with loses of 75%.
NEVER.

If they've told you to hold because will this solve anytime soon, well......they've lied to you, because i think this market cannot recover from a 75% loss

My rigs continue OFF, and they will be OFF for a lot of time, i'm afraid. Probably i will sell them because i can still make profit from them (since i bought them way below MSRP)

1. Monero is not Sol/s

2. Mr clever please tell me how much reduction is litecoin from 50 USD to 2 USD.

Some of us are here long time.

Last Fall was 96% for LTC and 85% for BTC.

We have room for Eth at 200 and BTC at 3000 with a recovery to 2K -3K per eth and 30K per btc.

STOP SPREADING FUD
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:56:16 AM

We have room for Eth at 200 and BTC at 3000 with a recovery to 2K -3K per eth and 30K per btc.

You are cleaver. I believe eth will reach $4k - $8k this year, and yeah btc will not reach much more than $35k this year.

mbdmbn

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:03:14 PM

You are cleaver.
Grin
goodb

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:55:43 PM

Guys , How it will effect the ETH /fiat  price  on the day  ETH `s PoS day is announced ?  I mean from the day Vitaly announced the exact PoS date and until the PoS happen, those days ? What do u think ?  will it drop / up ? high volatility ?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:13:42 PM

The current Casper roadmap initially requires 1000 ETH to participate in POS rewards. Once sharding is implemented fully in to the main chain, that number is expected to drop to 10 ETH, which makes it accessible to many more people. I would expect once those plans are announced it will easily drive up the price by 2-3x in a short period as people buy up ether to participate in POS.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:45:21 PM

The current Casper roadmap initially requires 1000 ETH to participate in POS rewards. Once sharding is implemented fully in to the main chain, that number is expected to drop to 10 ETH, which makes it accessible to many more people. I would expect once those plans are announced it will easily drive up the price by 2-3x in a short period as people buy up ether to participate in POS.
even if this wasn’t the case there are pos pools for other coins, but yeah pos will dirve the price way up especially with lower inflation . pos is at least a year away tho
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:52:14 AM

POS staking, it all depends on the current eth's price, before was 1000, now they are talking about 10 eth, soon will be only 1 eth.

ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:05:20 AM

Electricity cost at my country is : IDR.1.400 or $0.1/kWh
I have 10 RX570
Total Wall consumption : 1550 W
Daily profit is : $5.24/day - $157/month

It's too long to take ROI

I dont know why at the price is not profitable, i think this cause of ASIC ( cryptonight ) or Ethash hidden ASIC
just my oppinion
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:00:30 PM

1. Monero is not Sol/s

2. Mr clever please tell me how much reduction is litecoin from 50 USD to 2 USD.

Some of us are here long time.

Last Fall was 96% for LTC and 85% for BTC.

STOP SPREADING FUD

i´ll answer you straight forward.

1º Monero is H/s but that is irrelevant for what we are talking about.

2º The reduction in price that you are talking about , more than nowadays HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NOWADAYS REASONS. by those days, the problem was not Taxes, nor regulations, nor Failed ICOS or directly SCAM ICOS, it was not about a huge increase in price like that that we saw in December. Nothing to do with governments trying to ban cryptos. Nor Youtube, google , twitter and others banning ads about crypto.

Obviously it had nothing to do with having a capitalization of 820 billion dollars and losing 75% of it. The SEC was not investigating people. China and South Korea had no plan on banning cryptos or closing exchanges. They had no idea of what was crypto as today, and very little people to almost noone knew about crypto, so the market was in hands of big whales cashing out.

Trying to compare this very different situations gives us an idea of your credibility. NEVER the community has had to deal with so many negative aspects around cryptomarket, and although coins have lost more value in %, the problems that face crypto nowadays are way deeper than those that made the coin collapse harder in the past.

Your last statement is glorious. So you tell me not to spread FUD, but you say without a single argument that the market can crash, and afterwards it can increase to numbers never seen before. And your arguments, reasons, data or technical analysis to saying that shitty things??? you have no clue. You are just one of those scared investors that are spreading their hope and thoughts among the community so as to discourage people to leave it, actually harming people WITH LIES.

You are far worst than me. Because i spread reality based on data, arguments and technical analysis that give me the reason. You only spread blind faith. You are only a moron. 

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:23:29 PM

Watch your profit people of the EU.

90€ per month for me at best and suffering 35ºC on my room most of the time (even with 2 pedestal fan) one for moving air and another to take it out of the room (through the window). i live by the sea and it's very hot with high humidity.

all of my gpus are the best underclocked possible with tier 1 PSUs Platinum.

I also changed my electricity prices. Now i pay from 13:00 to 23:00 hours 0.21$ and from 23:00 to 13:00 0.094$. (average cost of 0,142) This prices are the best in my country for 24hours continuos use. i spend 60% of the kWh in the cheap hours, and 40% on the expensive hours.

Also the ETH network hashrate is at it's max ever. More and more people are entering mining. Suppose with ASICS to destroy the profit of gpu miners.

if it goes below 400$ (the support of ETH is at 420$ more or less) i will stop them. The market will not recover for a while.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:35:10 PM

I hear you man. I question headache every day.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:14:48 PM

meh i'm still mining eth, still profitable (just less than it used to be) and kinda just waiting to see what happens  Undecided Huh Cool Huh
Frankie001

Activity: 125

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 09:53:50 PM

If you can, mine and hodl, cash some out when the market picks up again, when it does you'll be happy you did, the slow hard grind makes the gains so much sweeter  Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
dsmn

Activity: 68
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:00:53 AM

Hello there from sweden, mining is still profitable in europe, here is my numbers.

ETH 1200 MH/s @ 4800W / 0.15$ KWh.

Mixed 1060, 1070 and RX570.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=1200&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4800&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=1

ASICS is another thing, used to mine LTC but shut them down some time ago.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ltc?HashingPower=3100&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4750&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=0
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:49:11 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 07:02:03 PM by Piskeante

Hello there from sweden, mining is still profitable in europe, here is my numbers.

ETH 1200 MH/s @ 4800W / 0.15$ KWh.

Mixed 1060, 1070 and RX570.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=1200&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4800&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=1

ASICS is another thing, used to mine LTC but shut them down some time ago.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ltc?HashingPower=3100&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=4750&CostPerkWh=0.15&MiningPoolFee=0

Can you tell me when are you going to ROI?? in 2 years time?? also 1200mh/s with only 4800W. That makes no sense for me. even the lowest mining consumption for 1060 (i have 2 of them) and RX 580 (have 10 of them) are around 110-125. 1060 are not doing 30mh , just 22 to 25 at best. and 1070 just around 33mh the best ones. normal is around 30. if you have 40 gpus (muy guess is you have more than that, like 46 or something like that ), you should be using around 5000W at least. not 4800W. Are you sure of your numbers??

Do me those maths please. it will be interesting.

my 6 gpu RX 580 doing 189.9mh is using 920W from the wall with platinum PSU.
the other rig, mixed with 2 1060 and 4 rx 580 is doing 168,5mh and uses about 850w from the wall.

My rigs are tunned to the max. i spent 1 month trying to go to the lowest stable vcore posible at 1240 core for every single gpu. That's why i have gpus doing 31, 32 and even 32,8mh/s (for my surprise, it's a cheap MSI rx 580 Armor 8gb).

ETH gives profit, but are you ok with winning a month , like me, 140$ ?? i don't think that's worth doing nowadays.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: