Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:54:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [?] NEW LOW POWER COIN [POINTS] aka [PTS]  (Read 3019 times)
halibit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:21:01 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 03:41:09 PM by halibit

I just shut down my all miners because there is no any coin which is profitable mine with gpu.

If we make one serious coin with several options, I think it may some day break outside of small altcoin community and get this coin for the real usage.
I don't like develope any pump&dump coin.

Here is my opinion for coin features:

First of all: ANN week before launching the coin. No pre or instamining at all.
1. Low power cost for mining with gpu. (Lowest as possible) Scrypt-jane may have solution for that
2. No any flash mining start, just little bit better mining amount for few days. (Coins will spread for many owners, not just for some dumpers)
3. Can't mine fpga etc. on the near future. Coin designed for GPU mining.
4. Total amount great for long term market
5. Wallet... way more user fiendly than any on that moment.
6. Easy implement for webshops (can read priwkeys and accept money transfers)
7. Nice looking physical priwkey coupon can print direct from wallet even offline.
8. Coupon cash desk in wallet. Then some coffee shop may have even change to start accept the coin
9. Current coin and market info in wallet.
10. Some quality for services. No broken links for empty game sites..
11. No hidden dev or support. Hope we can make coin what we can proudly present (Ofcourse with nicnames).
12. Good and reasonable name.
POINTS [PTS] I clame now.
Reason for that name what I propose is; it can use like point coupon for payment. In many country, shop have much more easy start use additional points or discount coupons than totally new currency for payments.

Is there any one else who want in this coin dev or even glad if this coin will come released?
-halibit-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:45:44 PM

Great idea!
I propose to make a coin that is mining using ONLY the RAM of GPU (I don't know is it possible or not, but if it is possible - will be great)
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Amateur Professional

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:53:47 PM

What do you pay for electric? $.60/KWh? I can mine with my potato and still make a profit. Anyways, a coin is never going to be worth much more than the average power cost to mint new blocks, so good luck on this coin ever being worth a satoshi if all you need to mine it is the GPU's RAM.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:03:05 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 03:35:08 PM by halibit

What do you pay for electric? $.60/KWh? I can mine with my potato and still make a profit. Anyways, a coin is never going to be worth much more than the average power cost to mint new blocks, so good luck on this coin ever being worth a satoshi if all you need to mine it is the GPU's RAM.
Yes, that's what I pay about..
I agree, coin price is bounded for mining costs. As long as it is pum&dump coin.
But my plann is try to kick this coin outside market.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:04:23 PM

Great idea!
I propose to make a coin that is mining using ONLY the RAM of GPU (I don't know is it possible or not, but if it is possible - will be great)
Scrypt-Jane may handle that, but need to ask more from some pro..
Twist177

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:16:10 PM

I just shut down my all miners because there is no any coin which is profitable mine with gpu.

What about FTC?!?!?  Wink
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:25:56 PM

What about FTC?!?!?  Wink
Well, How much can get mining FTC with GPU?
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:00:25 PM

Great idea!
Glad to hear, there is even one GPU miner who want honest long term coin.

What you all other GPU miners want to?
Pump and dump coins??
There is no even those very long. People learn name of the game and altcoin community sounds every day more and more troll box.
Let's try to do something for that.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:48:15 PM

Great idea!
Glad to hear, there is even one GPU miner who want honest long term coin.

What you all other GPU miners want to?
Pump and dump coins??
There is no even those very long. People learn name of the game and altcoin community sounds every day more and more troll box.
Let's try to do something for that.

... this silenes makes me worry...
Am I middle of huge scam name... altcoins  Shocked

Well maybe everyone is buying bitcoins  Kiss
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:49:04 PM

I agree, coin price is bounded for mining costs. As long as it is pum&dump coin.

You live in Hawaii don't you? I thought it was never profitable there except in early 2011? Anyways any coin is bounded by the mining costs, because miners will keep switching to it and dumping it until the price is in equalibrium with other scrypt coins, which are bounded by LTC, which is tightly bound to power costs. Bitcoin has a $2B market cap, and yet it is still mostly bound by power costs. No altcoin is going to become unbound before Bitcoin.
Jdtmp4

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:01:07 PM

I do like the sound of a scrypt-jane coin.......
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:08:50 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 07:42:33 PM by halibit

You live in Hawaii don't you? I thought it was never profitable there except in early 2011? Anyways any coin is bounded by the mining costs, because miners will keep switching to it and dumping it until the price is in equalibrium with other scrypt coins, which are bounded by LTC, which is tightly bound to power costs. Bitcoin has a $2B market cap, and yet it is still mostly bound by power costs. No altcoin is going to become unbound before Bitcoin.
Some level price is bounded el cost endeed but..
When I start mining I got 2-4$ day profit with one GPU. FPGA and ASIC change that.
Then comes multipools, cpufarms and that's where we are standing now.
There is way to cover coins for multipools but not autosale ofcourse.
That's why gpu coin will need outside market. Actually all coins will. Pump/dump game is over and I'm just glad for that.

We speculate and I agree you speak reality, but many things we can't know what happen.
Otherwise everyone have lot of pizzas and right now everyone holding btc in pockets.
Best what we can do is do the best, and that is what I'm trying to do with this coin.
If you have ideas, i'm listen.

I don't live Hawai, fact is, gpu mining is not profitable on that moment anywhere. If we calculate HD invest, breakdowns, el cost, waist time, It's better shut down rigs a while.
And even if that coin will not never come more profitable to mine, it will be glad to marketing outside if it's best what we can do. And that way also mined coins may give exellent profit.
Coin which is maked thinking also end users and merchants, with the people who want to develope it on future too. I think it's good product to promote.
If we see this coin like company we have right focus. No great profits on first month... but we marketing that and we may get it on the big market. If not, maybe we get something else on this road.
But first need to start.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

and this is innovative how exactly?
Why should I mine it?
You should mine it only if you think it may have future, because it's not made to be scam pum/dump coin for few people.
I believe it's better coins are not only in some few pockets, who just waiting when price goes little bit higer and the dump all out.
Mine it only what you see is profitable on the moment or if you believe the coin future and no one don't sell it cheaper than mining is.
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:25:31 PM

I don't live Hawai, fact is, gpu mining is not profitable on that moment anywhere. If we calculate HD invest, breakdowns, el cost, waist time, It's better shut down rigs a while.
And even if that coin will not never come more profitable to mine, it will be glad to marketing outside if it's best what we can do. And that way also mined coins may give exellent profit.

I can mine anything with 200% the profitability of bitcoin, and still make a profit, even if just ten cents per day per GPU.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

I can mine anything with 200% the profitability of bitcoin, and still make a profit, even if just ten cents per day per GPU.
Lucky you. How?
exnom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:47:53 PM

Halibit = worst DEV in history look at this shit and his other coin "CryptoDollars"..

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
exnom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:48:49 PM

Lucky you. How?

He found Coinchoose...

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
Walking Glitch

Amateur Professional

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:49:56 PM

Lucky you. How?

Cheap electric. If my system was somewhat more efficient, (more efficient GPU and PSUs, and I'm sitting behind a noise filter, which is even less efficient, don't ask why I'm using one...) I could mine with costs as high as 20 cents per kilowatt, but as of right now, I am on the hook for just under 7 cents. Most of that is the delivery charge cause rural-ish area.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:07:57 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 09:51:19 PM by halibit

Lucky you. How?

Cheap electric. If my system was somewhat more efficient, (more efficient GPU and PSUs, and I'm sitting behind a noise filter, which is even less efficient, don't ask why I'm using one...) I could mine with costs as high as 20 cents per kilowatt, but as of right now, I am on the hook for just under 7 cents. Most of that is the delivery charge cause rural-ish area.
Don't know why but here I pay 60 16cents /Kwh and I'm way under profits now. I may get better performance if take time optimize but it's hard work and deside just wait better time.
I think btc make part of this situation now.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

Well, looks like this kind of coin is not what so many want to.

How about if some one tell me what kind of coin should be?
Just curious..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: