Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:01:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advise a newbie  (Read 273 times)
ad10crypto (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

I just signed up in this forum, and i want you to advise me on how to maximize and benefit as a member of this forum. How to avoid negative trust, to gain merit and avoid being banned.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:58:35 AM

First off, just like in every forum, read stickies. For this forum, this one particular is perfect for newbies:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

Basically, follow the rules, don't scam, don't spam, and you should have a pleasant forum experience. Merit will come as you contribute. Use the search bar if you have any questions, but if you can't find an answer, don't be afraid to post questions.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

I just signed up in this forum, and i want you to advise me on how to maximize and benefit as a member of this forum. How to avoid negative trust, to gain merit and avoid being banned.

I think the hardest of the stats is actually activity.. make sure you participate enough to get the 14 activity every 2 weeks because no matter how hard you work on the other things, nothing can make up for lost time.  Merit will come with quality posts. I've received 18 merit so far and most was just answering people's questions in an organized way.  Negative trust will only be an issue if you are selling/buying goods and services or if you're actively doing something that could be viewed as scamming people.  Being banned is something that shouldn't really be an issue.. if you care about the other 3 things its unlikely that you would get banned.

Personal Advice:

Set short term goals.. Focus on getting one merit by the time you reach two weeks or 14 activity.. work on 5 merit by the time you reach 28 activity.. always have moving goals to keep it interesting and reachable without the task seeming overwhelming.  Don't try to merit farm in a cheesy way either.. lots of posts I see are doing obvious copy pastas with generic information that isn't personal at all.. its more obvious than you may think what people's intentions are and their shortcutting methods.  Be yourself and make your advice something that you believe instead of just saying what people you perceive want to hear.  Most useful opinions will have people who disagree with them and that's okay...all advice has different starting points, variables, and different angles just provide the focal point you come from. Also just be nice.. use good diction.. try to avoid spelling errors, and try to spread the advice you wish you heard when you were starting out. If you have something to offer that people value, you will be rewarded quickly enough.
tuanphuong666

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:02:37 AM

i am a beginner so i need help !
MyBraveHeart

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:06:36 AM

I'm also a newbie.

Thanks for the good advice. Smiley
Dingdongjl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:38:15 AM

I advise you to read and read until you know all the rules of the forum, you will learn all the things you like to know, about negative trust and gaining merit points. You better study first before make any action in the community. Also you need to search/read topics about crypto currency and bitcoin.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:56:40 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Welcome to Bitcointalk.org, a place where you can find success or death (of your financial situation) in a couple of threads.

Anyway I recommend to read these threads as newbie:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0  ---> Newbies, read before posting

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20333.0 ---> Forum Moderation Policy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1684035.0 ---> Useful info if you plan to join a signture campaign.

Just ask if you need more infos.

Basically be educated, don't harass or scam people, don't be nasty or trolly, be helpful with others, especially newbies, offer your efforts toward the global Bitcoin community's benefits and like what you do.
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are NOT a way of becoming rich easily but a REVOLUTION of the socioeconomical life of the whole world, and you should be proud of being part of it right now.

Cheers.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:52:11 PM

How to avoid negative trust, to gain merit and avoid being banned.

First of all welcome on board, let me clear you that this is the technical stuff and you will get the idea of it soon but the biggest benefit of this forum is availability of huge knowledge in easy to understand form so you just have to grasp it to learn and understand Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Do not rush to invest your money but invest your time. Follow rules and unwritten moral etiquette to avoid the punishment.
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:56:54 PM

Every day a subject like you is opening. I have a lot of information in the summer when I become the first member.
bitcoinpapa

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:04:23 PM

I just joined this forum today and i have seen wonderful advice's from you guys. Keep up the good work. I will also try to work hard enough to gain some merit and post interesting things so every one can learn.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:22:04 PM

The hardest part is really the merit system which was recently introduced. Without gaining merit you will not rank up. In order to gain merit you need to create quality posts in the forum that other bicointalk users think helps contribute to the thread or is helpful. Only they can give you merit. It is not automatically earned over time.  Make sure your posts are on topic and relevant. Making short spammy replies will not help you gain rank or help you gain a positive standing from other members. Take the time to read the stickies and all the rules and you will be well ahead of 90% of the members here.

Read more about the merit system here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Once you understand how to earn merit and you think your post quality is pretty good take a look at this challenge for a chance to earn merit while you post.  It will help you become a better poster and understand how you can improve.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:28:40 PM

How to avoid negative trust, to gain merit and avoid being banned.
Read the Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ and about the merit, just post valuable posts in appropriate threads, stay on topic.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:58:55 PM

First off, just like in every forum, read stickies. For this forum, this one particular is perfect for newbies:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

Basically, follow the rules, don't scam, don't spam, and you should have a pleasant forum experience. Merit will come as you contribute. Use the search bar if you have any questions, but if you can't find an answer, don't be afraid to post questions.

best advice thus far. I will add to it You need to contribute value to users in the long run. For now, you should definitely stay proactive and read the stickies and look at the OP background/post history
Get_Rich

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:56:30 PM

As a newbie in the bitcointalk world you have to read a lot and understand what it means. In the forum you can share or ask something you have
o9utz

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:07:51 PM

thanks for advice... i'm newbie too... good luck
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:21:16 PM

I think the hardest of the stats is actually activity.. make sure you participate enough to get the 14 activity every 2 weeks because no matter how hard you work on the other things, nothing can make up for lost time.  Merit will come with quality posts. I've received 18 merit so far and most was just answering people's questions in an organized way.  Negative trust will only be an issue if you are selling/buying goods and services or if you're actively doing something that could be viewed as scamming people.  Being banned is something that shouldn't really be an issue.. if you care about the other 3 things its unlikely that you would get banned.

Personal Advice:

Set short term goals.. Focus on getting one merit by the time you reach two weeks or 14 activity.. work on 5 merit by the time you reach 28 activity.. always have moving goals to keep it interesting and reachable without the task seeming overwhelming.  Don't try to merit farm in a cheesy way either.. lots of posts I see are doing obvious copy pastas with generic information that isn't personal at all.. its more obvious than you may think what people's intentions are and their shortcutting methods.  Be yourself and make your advice something that you believe instead of just saying what people you perceive want to hear.  Most useful opinions will have people who disagree with them and that's okay...all advice has different starting points, variables, and different angles just provide the focal point you come from. Also just be nice.. use good diction.. try to avoid spelling errors, and try to spread the advice you wish you heard when you were starting out. If you have something to offer that people value, you will be rewarded quickly enough.

Please what are the criteria for reaching new member,  status?

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
AkropolisTeam

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:32:05 AM

Personal Advice:

Please what are the criteria for reaching new member,  status?

I suggest you to read this topic, everything is described about ranks and merit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:33:10 AM

Read about btc and cryptocurrency,check rules in this forum, try to participate in bounty, guy, that you can earn tokens(money) and like this cryptocurrency world!
HaniBaloch

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:52:25 AM

my advice to every newbie be honest to everyone work hard to the success help other and keep studying a lot you will be good enough person.....good luck Grin
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:29:51 AM

Seems like you run out of patient in this forum cause you still have 1 activity. Ive learned a lot of things here by reading posts and it helps me a while in entering crypto world. Cheers

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: