Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter is changing advertising policy?  (Read 424 times)
Tonygold1967 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:31:16 AM

According to the following article: https://news.bitcoin.com/report-twitter-prepares-ban-on-crypto-ads/

Twitter is also going to ban crypto ads? Do you think that it will also influence the price, like it happened in case of Facebook and Google announcement?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Faruque312

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

i dont believe it, cause i dont see any reason for banned crypto ads, many people using facebook twitter for crypto currency , so its a good thing for those.

Ecex.Exchange

Activity: 1148
Merit: 10

https://ecex.exchange/ — First Crypto Depository

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:07:09 PM

We made additional bounty functionality to our exchange project

Ecex.Exchange ▮ Your Simple Powerful Trading & Swap Tool ▮ Ecex.Exchange
Listings ▮▮ Listings
TwitterInstagramFacebookTelegramReddit
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:08:46 PM

These social media sites like twitter and facebook probably don't have a choice in doing so, they can't get anything upon banning it but then maybe governments are probably harassing them to do such action. There are just certain institutions big enough maybe banks preventing crypto from being adopted widely. Its going to be an uphill battle for now but time will change.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:09:29 PM

According to the following article: https://news.bitcoin.com/report-twitter-prepares-ban-on-crypto-ads/

Twitter is also going to ban crypto ads? Do you think that it will also influence the price, like it happened in case of Facebook and Google announcement?

It is even better that crypto and bitcoin get through with these fuds now than the news come in different era. The challenges will make the digital currency more popular with time rather than pulling it down.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:09:50 PM

i dont believe it, cause i dont see any reason for banned crypto ads, many people using facebook twitter for crypto currency , so its a good thing for those.

It's pretty real. Google has already banned ICO's as far as I know, from all Adsense campaign programs, so no more ICO advertisements on blogs, websites, and Youtube videos. I was tired of seeing Roger Ver on every ICO ad so that's good news.

It's not good news for the few people trying to get interesting projects out there tho. Im not saying 100% of ICO are scams, some are legit and interesting, but due the massive amount of scams, I can understand how these big companies don't want to risk it and they went full blown ban on it.

This is irrelevant to Bitcoin, Bitcoin doesn't need advertisements. As far as altcoin developers, if they want to get their project out there, they will need to find alternative ways at reaching traffic, such as signature campaigns, paying content creators to talk about their stuff etc, but I think ads are not coming back in this field.
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:10:28 PM

it seems that it will have an impact but will not have a big impact in my opinion, because in the crypto system itself depends on the investor investors themselves to move the market. just as previous Facebook may not have a big effect and may not take long for this effect
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:11:17 PM

It will influence the price but I don't think google and facebook bans had that significant of an influence on price anyway. I think price fell and people attributed it to the news instead of it being the cause behind it. Twitter is the lesser of the 3 anyway so any fall will be lessened.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:16:04 PM

Not only Twitter but Facebook and Google had announced that they aren't longer accept ICO and Crypto ads on their platform starting few weeks from today.
Facebook, Google and Twitter are the social giants that is capable to host and help ICOs and Cryptos to attract more investors but their platform and role are to bring people closer to their loved ones and not the victim of scams, fraud and bogus crypto.

Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:16:43 PM

Yes, if this happens, I think it will affect the crypto market, just like news for Facebook and Google. But in the news about Twitter it says that the ban will have exceptions that are not mentioned  Huh

Bergiolia

Activity: 224

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 05:18:47 PM

It will influence the price but I don't think google and facebook bans had that significant of an influence on price anyway. I think price fell and people attributed it to the news instead of it being the cause behind it. Twitter is the lesser of the 3 anyway so any fall will be lessened.

Well, there are some social media that will help boos the entire crypto market community and Crypto enthusiasts would find the best social media channels like medium, Telegram, crypto mainstream giants like CCN and Bitcoin news.
Crypto market will always have more rooms on world wide web and other social communities.

bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:19:44 PM

it is again bad news first facebook will be ban the crypto ads now twitter again. why they are all ban crypto ads in social media.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:20:46 PM

It will tale effect with the current value as more newbies and weak holders will be in a panic movements again, after FB and google, what do we eexpect
as social media sites really been influenced by government bodies, so it will not be a surprise anymore if we see more outlet being force to stop supporting
crypto's, it will serve as a challenge to us, as crypto lovers we need to stay focus and we need to act naturally, never to fall into any panic bitcoin will survive
this and we will continue progressing no matter what will happen in the future.
google98

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:33:44 PM

Yes, Twitter will follow Facebook and Google, and we just have to see what the consequences will be. Which I think will not be very good.  Huh

monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:34:33 PM

I think it is not completely ban in twitter but some regulations are possible in crypto advertisement so we should wait and watch the crypto market. After G20 we all are expecting the good possibilities in crypto market but again some issues are occur so know I am turn off the internet.

IrenNTA

Activity: 364

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:36:02 PM

Such news can be announced intentionally to manipulate the market. There's no prof that it's not fake.  Though Facebook announced its ban long time ago it still hasn't banned any ICO facebook accounts. So I don't believe that Twitter will ban millions of users accounts and all the crypto ads. Maybe they'll implement some kind of regulation but I don't believe in a total ban.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:53:31 PM

So to say the chain reaction began. One by one, they prohibit advertising of crypto currency and ICO. How many news has been read, nowhere was there any reference to the official source that Twitter would prohibit the advertising of the crypto. So this is not yet certain.
kobo_eth

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:05:06 PM

Don't you think that there is a reason why all the big players are banning crypto-related marketing? Google, Facebook, supposedly Twitter? I think they are just scared... of the crypto. It means that crypto is big now, if the biggest online players like the corporations above are afraid of and banning it Smiley
Personally for Twitter, I don't think they will ban it, it is just a nasty FUD.

Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:10:57 AM

Bad news. This guys not so smart. They didn't ban russian bots, but against crypto.

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:17:38 PM

I've seen you post this around. In my opinion to be honest, do not even bother. Google is too big to care about some change.org petition. There isn't enough people in crypto to get a number that's relevant to the point of Google noticing you even exists.

They are doing the right thing, due the amount of scams out there, they don't want to deal with that, and they simply banned it. Notice that when you buy Adsense ads, you buy them in bulk and you don't really know what you are buying, you just buy packs from a certain sector, and due the amount of scams in the ICO world, unfortunately I guess it makes sense to make a global ban, even if this will hurt the legit projects. You must fun alternative ways to advertise them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: