Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:52:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Again Ban, but now from Twitter  (Read 1784 times)
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:40:07 PM

all out ban on crypto is a money move to protect traditional banking while if they were actually employing all of that AI to ban only the deceitful and sketchy stuff, this would actually be doing the ad viewers and ad buyers a service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ciciliacrypto

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:44:44 PM

Twitter may ban cryptocurrency advertisement on their system but thus this mean that you cannot make a post about cryptocurrency. Also did twitter really made a statement about this or this could be another FUD. Many are making a move to topple down bitcoin and also many are making false news. Thus we must be careful and do some research before believing this kind of stuff.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:45:37 PM

Twitter May Ban Advertising of Cryptocurrencies and ICO?

Hi guys it`s me again, and again I saw this information about the ban, but now for twitter.

BTCTwitter plans to prohibit advertising of cryptocurrencies and ICO, according to Sky News citing sources.BTC

First Facebook then Google, now Twitter is joining, what do you think about the market currency after these news? Is it real or only a big fake news blow before buying a lot of crypto?

Source:http://icowatchers.co/twitter-may-ban-advertising-of-cryptocurrencies-and-ico/
I think the ban is just a matter of choice. Perhaps they just choose the ICOs that can not really pass on their information. It is also for us that we will not victimize the ICO scams again and we will not be able to recover our investments because we do not have to chase or blame people involved in ICO because they have not provided us with information.
Maryverycool

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:53:48 PM

Hi guys it`s me again, and again I saw this information about the ban, but now for twitter.

BTCTwitter plans to prohibit advertising of cryptocurrencies and ICO, according to Sky News citing sources.BTC

First Facebook then Google, now Twitter is joining, what do you think about the market currency after these news? Is it real or only a big fake news blow before buying a lot of crypto?

Source:http://icowatchers.co/twitter-may-ban-advertising-of-cryptocurrencies-and-ico/
If twitter bans the advertising of ico and encryption, it will have a worse impact. Now that facebook and Google are banned, if the news is true, it will affect the price of bitcoin. It is believed that the ico is risky, and these social media have chosen to prohibit the occurrence of some frauds.
frank2018

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:41:41 PM

Sorry to interrupt but I think it is unjust to determine that posts in these social media coming from all scams. Aren't all bounties for example do not require bitcointalk ranks? It is not fair to say that most of the campaigners are scammers. The best thing to do is listen to them and pick the best to spread in the world. Just my point of view.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:49:20 PM

There is reason for everything, so there is reason for this. If you read article you will find this part:

Both Facebook and Google also banned ads for binary options trading following the release of figures from Action Fraud that showed victims' losses in Britain have risen by 400,000% in six years.

They will all ban ads because of large number of scams and because people are giving money to scammers without doing any research.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:03:06 PM

Does it mean that retweeting post will be ban in twitter?  If retwitting will also be banned then twitter campaign from services and ICO will be over now. I guess those who rely on twitter bounty that has about more than 50 accounts in all are going to be short by then.

If advertising will only be limited to some sites for only crypto enthusiast then ads are going to be more targetted. Sites like alt forums and bitcointalk and btc blogs will rise.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:07:39 PM

This could be really a nightmare for every crypto user and people who are bringing new and better ICO's for people. Previously Facebook imposed a ban and Google thinking to do the same and if Twitter follows the same track, then where will people get aware of the new opportunities. I think this is the violation of rights of people as companies are denying their basic rights, if they really want to ban then just ban the bad ones why imposing ban on whole market.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:23:03 PM

If that's true then I think maybe this is the beginning of the destruction of ICOs, the biggest social media has banned the advertising of ICOs and crypto, of course it will have a very negative impact on crypto and honestly I'm very worried about this kind of situation. Cry
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:30:07 PM

As I wrote in other threads, I think that ban of crypto-related advertisments is definitely a good thing. I have noticed a lot of scams being advertised on ads provided by Google. Now it's time for Twitter where there's tons of scams in comments. Scammers are creating fake accounts with names similar to famous people who have relations with cryptocurrencies. It takes a few days for Twitter to take down fake accounts even though a lot of people are reporting them. They are using bots which like and comment their tweets to make them more realistic.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Jones12

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:38:05 PM

I think the reason of ban crypto add in social media is too many ico company are in pipe line to join main market most of the fake scam thats why all the social media platform avoid it .
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:39:46 PM

If that's true then I think maybe this is the beginning of the destruction of ICOs, the biggest social media has banned the advertising of ICOs and crypto, of course it will have a very negative impact on crypto and honestly I'm very worried about this kind of situation. Cry
Not at all, investors will turn to crypto forums and other sites which are promoting ICO's.
Whoever wants to find good project and invest in its ICO will find it without searching on twitter or facebook. I think we should think more about bitcoin future, the ways how to promote it and less about twitter, facebook and google ads.
elusive1

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:49:54 PM

People expect that Twitter will follow the example of Google and Facebook and will not allow the advertising of services where users are likely to lose money.

Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO, may have a reason to resist this: he also leads the company Square, which recently began offering bitcoin trading bitcoin and
is considering opportunities for investment in the cryptocurrency industry.

What will Dorsey choose?
Ruffian14

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:50:06 PM

The main reason why major social medias like facebook and twitter banning cryptocurrency related ads is because of multiple scams issues. Million of dollars are already scammed by people who developed some ICO's and not continuing their projects after ICO ended. So Facebook and Twitter is one of the social medias they are using to advertise their projects and scam people. Maybe this is a good thing because the scamming will get stop and no more innocent people will lose their money in instant.

coinbitrade

Activity: 714
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

All these events negatively affect the price of bitcoin and crypto-currency in general. Bitcoin is not so bad, it has more pluses than minuses. But now there are a lot of scammers on the net. Therefore, such strict measures

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
royalbittinz

Activity: 382

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:05:39 PM

I think they did to ban those scammy ads on their platform, probably there have been a lot of complains those scam activities.

Or

They are just worried that terrorist won't use those ads to fund their organizations network.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:07:23 PM

finally the thing I most feared happened too, after facebook and google, finally twitter also banned ico, this is very bad news for the world crypto, because in this way, it will be more difficult to collect investors, I hope this is just false news

krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:08:27 PM

First of all, even the news regarding Google banning crypto related advertisements is not confirmed. Google has not made any public announcement regarding this yet. Regarding Twitter banning crypto related ads, this will not have much impact. The ICO projects her are already using techniques like promotion through popular twitter accounts in for of tweets and that is sufficient.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:26:58 PM

Good. Less scammy ICOs on social media. Also, looks like the "send me x ETH and I will send you x ETH" scams on Twitter are gone too.
I am not a twitter user, but what sense does it make to exchange ETH for ETH? Did you make a mistake here or maybe such a scam really existed, I wonder, and if yes, what could be the mechanism behind it? How did the scammer get his high ground here?

dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:28:48 PM

Good and Bad thing, both simultaneously related to this. Bad thing is Advertising may get costly than usual, and no Twitter Campaign Bounties. Good thing is it will prevent creation of fake accounts or more than 1 accounts of a single person. Also various other modes of advertising will come up and good promising ICOs will get a boost and limelight, as not all ICOs including scam or fake ones could afford other advertising methods.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: