Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties illegal According to SEC?  (Read 269 times)
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:23:24 PM

For as a bounty worker there is nothing wrong with it because they getting our service to advertise their company as well as their product. Maybe the ICO who are not registering their company to SEC that is illegal that is the rule in my country.

Yes they cannot have investors without bounty hunters to work with it besides 70 % of chances on the legitimate projects are succesful because of the work of the participants here in bitcointalk. I don't see such illegal activities on advertising such coins its never been a fault. The OP should always provide a proof about what is going on.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:33:53 PM

I think entire SEC have lost their senses. what is wrong in ICO throwing a bounty campaign or have they forgotten bounty is a form of advertisement. many investors today get to know about ICO through bounty campaign. there is nothing wrong in bounty campaign, in fact, it is you guys that call it bounty for me I call it digital marketing. maybe the should ask many ICO project startup that have one undergo bounty campaign how they achieve the milestone. I can still remember how copytrack were thanking bounty hunters for bringing so much traffic to their ICO
delitte

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:36:34 PM

Members wants your opinion in this, i heard and read somewhere that SEC declared that bounties are illegal infact some ICOs not starting the bounty program just because this reason, Need your view regarding this?

It depends on the SEC  body if they consider bounty campaigns as illegal because bounty hunters are only getting coins through helping ICOs to reach their goals and targets like soft and hard caps.
While most of the coin holders are investors who did bought coins on their ICO sales.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

You have to realize that SEC is not some global organization that has tremendous far reaching power.
It is specific to the US and applies to companies situated in the us and citizens or residents of the us.

That is why to avoid annoying hassles, companies will exclude US citizens and start their company outside of the US.
On top of that, the US makes up a very tiny portion of the overall crypto market.

So saying that ICOs will stop doing bounties because you heard or read somewhere that the SEC considers it illegal is FUD thinking and will lead to poorly informed trading choices.

The nit gritty of it all, is if the token or coin you are buying or getting is used as a security or utility.
Basically, is the coin used mainly for monetary value or does it have some kind of use or purpose within a platform or ecosystem.
Under this definition, a lot of coins out there actually qualify as a utility and do not need to worry.

Of course, things could change in the future, but if an ico or new company does rules because of SEC or changes things to bounties because of SEC when they aren't even associated with America, it is a red flag that their company does not have a good professional legal department.

Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:53:28 PM

An interesting approach to the promotion of crypto-currency projects. The ban in FB, ban in Google, now bounty. The US is a technologically advanced country, but such a position is controversial with respect to the new technologies.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:58:03 PM

Is it a desire for total control or conservatism? The first is quite possible, the second was not specific to this country.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:28:47 AM

It's not yet official, even if even it happens to be true, it will only apply to US compaines. SEC doesn't that much power to regulate cryptos and bounties in other countries, they can only issue a press statement, And according to the G-20 meeting they are not looking to regulate cryptos. 

inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:30:59 AM

Members wants your opinion in this, i heard and read somewhere that SEC declared that bounties are illegal infact some ICOs not starting the bounty program just because this reason, Need your view regarding this?

Link? Otherwise you are simply talking without valid proofs. This is the first time to hear this. And even companies offers people allowances and salaries to promote their projects, products and services so what's the difference?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:44:18 AM

Link? Otherwise you are simply talking without valid proofs. This is the first time to hear this. And even companies offers people allowances and salaries to promote their projects, products and services so what's the difference?
But at the moment, the ICO project that has accepted American investor investment has stopped the bounty thread.
So I think it's a real message.

blankpaladin

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:48:23 AM

For me, Bounties is another way to endorsing a project / name / or anything. Bounties is not illegal for me, if you are promoting something in social medias, is it illegal ? nope, you just promoting that because you love it. Also, it was a job too. Sidelines. For some us don't have a work and left behind in the house, I probably, bounties is helpful to them. It was better to promote/endorse ICO in social medias than selling illegal drugs on social sites. right ?
Ponya
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:12:37 AM

Bounty for everyone who want except some countries like US. Bounty is kind of service provision
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:37:17 PM

I cannot get why it is illegal? You get paid with tokens, not money. So you don’t have to pay taxes or whatever. there is no law saying that you cannot take part in bounties of hold such campaigns.

hidden jutsu

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:58:44 PM

I dont see anything wrong or illegal about bounties. can you elaborate where did you found this article or information you have shared to us? maybe you just misunderstood the information you have read.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:05:02 PM

I dont see anything wrong or illegal about bounties. can you elaborate where did you found this article or information you have shared to us? maybe you just misunderstood the information you have read.

And what laws that  prohibit bounty campaign, it just  soliciting  support by means of promoting a business campaign  of product, that your supporting and that's a freedom of expression. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: