Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:05:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin might rise $1000 unexpectedly soon  (Read 10594 times)
EccLipSe

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:43:42 AM

why do you think that happens?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:29:32 AM

I don't think we'll reach $1000 on this run. But it's a roller coaster with btc, can't say for sure! Wonder what next week will bring... hopefully some volume....
goldlyre

Activity: 1101
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:48:18 AM

Methinks price of BTC might get doubled in a single day soon. Then it consolidates for a very very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.  Grin
hromobiti

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:52:58 AM

Bitcoin might rise $1000 unexpectedly soon!!!

It cant rise very fast, you would need a lot of USD in, because most would sell part of coins for huge profits
capsqrl

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:05:31 AM

But that doesn't guarantee that we will be over $1000K a year from now.

I don't think anybody has argued that the price will be $1000K (one million dollars) in a year from now. :-P

Norsk Bitcoin-bruker? Kom til /r/BitcoinNO på reddit!
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:29:35 PM

Then it consolidates for a very very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.  Grin

What, like 6 months? 
Golph

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:48:55 PM

Still waiting for the unexpected rise to $1000. Its $220 right now which is pretty good rise over the month...

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. SyeED5YaZeVPows6Zx9z1hJ7twNJrKLrJB
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:27:35 PM

My guess is we will reach $1k in 2016 when the block reward halves.  Then onto $10k.
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:51:03 PM

It's amazing how the news reports have suddenly changed from heavily-biased negativity to optimism.  I suspect that means the super rich who own the media have finished taking their positions and flipped the media switch from price suppression to speculative bubble creation.

I'm guessing this one will be much bigger than April.  That time we went up over a period of months by a factor of 25, crashed to 20% of peak, and settled at 40% of peak.  Those who bought at $10, sold over $200, bought at $50, and sold again over $100 made a fortune on the April bubble crash.

The bubble of 2014 started its run up around $140, so with ordinary market manipulations we might expect it to reach $3500 at the top, crash below $700 at the bottom, and settle around $1400.  However, if the media can successfully recruit some hedge fund managers into the speculation, and get the ETF approved so people can invest from their retirement accounts, the peak could be much, much higher than that.

They have already started working on it.  Bitcoin was endorsed by a top hedge fund manager on 10/24, right when the news articles started turning positive.  I'm betting we'll get a lot more endorsements from respected money managers over the coming months.

Pretty soon the media will be putting pressure on the SEC to approve the ETF.  We're going to see major price increases when it's approved, and possibly on the day it goes live, perhaps starting the period of exponential growth.  Then, when it appears that there is no stopping it, that's when the super rich will cash out.

How to take advantage?  All in for now.  Start trimming and placing low buy orders around $10,000, or when you see exponential growth with no corrections, or when everyone agrees that the next stop is the moon.

However, if the dollar loses its status as the world's reserve currency, you might never need to cash out to fiat at all.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Valerian77

Activity: 437
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:56:03 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 03:26:52 PM by Valerian77

Too many members here might have taken drugs that push up their fantasy.

Please read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321720.msg3465538#msg3465538
And the follow up posts where I did some analysis on the fair market value of BTC.

And think about the probable risk that everything takes long time because goverment, finance industry and some other lobbyists will try to destroy Bitcoin. E.g. the US administration can simply put the 144 kBTC into the market - then they will destroy Bitcoin reputation for some time for sure.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:00:44 PM

Too many members here might haven drugs that push up their fantasy.

Please read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321720.msg3465538#msg3465538
And the follow up posts where I did some analysis on the fair market value of BTC.

And think about the probable risk that everything takes long time because goverment, finance industry and some other lobbyists will try to destroy Bitcoin. E.g. the US administration can simply put the 144 kBTC into the market - then they will destroy Bitcoin reputation for some time for sure.

Haven = have taken?  Sure you aren't the guy on drugs?

Fair market value: how bout we agree none of us really know.  We each have a guess, and we'll see in the future who gets it right.

144 kBTC on the market --> yes please !  (but at a time that I am online)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:01:25 PM

Pretty soon the media will be putting pressure on the SEC to approve the ETF.  We're going to see major price increases when it's approved, and possibly on the day it goes live, perhaps starting the period of exponential growth.  Then, when it appears that there is no stopping it, that's when the super rich will cash out.
They won't stay super rich making mistakes like that.

The endgame for Bitcoin is to replace the Dollar, and the Euro, and become the currency that people "cash out" into.

In this game, the last person to hold fiat is the loser.
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:23:54 PM

Pretty soon the media will be putting pressure on the SEC to approve the ETF.  We're going to see major price increases when it's approved, and possibly on the day it goes live, perhaps starting the period of exponential growth.  Then, when it appears that there is no stopping it, that's when the super rich will cash out.
They won't stay super rich making mistakes like that.

The endgame for Bitcoin is to replace the Dollar, and the Euro, and become the currency that people "cash out" into.

In this game, the last person to hold fiat is the loser.

In the long term, hopefully, you are right.  However, in the short term, market manipulators can make a lot of money by swapping in and out, causing bubbles and crashes.  This is not going to be a smooth transition.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:24:20 PM

you should look into the geopolitical war going on in the pacific. That rock aka island being claimed by both chinese and japanese is just the tip of the iceberg. The US in august announced the plans to preemptive strike china with nukes. This week the chinese replied announcing their nuclear subs fleet can strike any city in the US. None of this is making the 6 PM news of course but any search on the geopolitical think tank sites will keep you up to date. So yes, is possible for BTC to run like crazy based on geopolitical happenings, remember, BTC is a store of value just like gold
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:28:28 PM

It wouldnt be first crash. The good thing about crash is - you can buy cheap.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:59:12 PM

However, in the short term, market manipulators can make a lot of money by swapping in and out, causing bubbles and crashes.  This is not going to be a smooth transition.
Of course they can do this, and probably will. I'm just saying they will lose in the long term.

The ones that try this will end up being the bagholders who are holding massive quantities of fiat right when the rest of the world decides they don't want it any more.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:07:04 PM

Maybe there is a chance that it could happen in a few years. Not this year, though.

early next year?

I think if we break the ATH, which could be this month (who knows), then anything is possible. I guess there are only 60 or so days left of this year... so yeah, $1,000 would be a Christmas miracle Cheesy

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:17:15 PM

what do you guys consider to be a whale nowadays?

Maybe >10 000 BTC?

>BTC1.000 IMHO.

My definition would be Vladimir club membership namely > 2100 BTC

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:28:55 PM

I would appreciate the people stating that it will and won't to actually give a explanation. Then people like me who aren't very intelligent can understand what you guys are predicting and why.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:20:26 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 02:21:23 AM by haightst

what do you guys consider to be a whale nowadays?

Maybe >10 000 BTC?

>BTC1.000 IMHO.

My definition would be Vladimir club membership namely > 2100 BTC

BTC correction to sub 100ish!

*edit* i was wrong broke 250 we look to be gearing UP!!!+/\+  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: