Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start making money using my ATI card running programs? XFX ATIHD5770  (Read 3002 times)
djdynamite123 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:14:59 PM

Does this look right?
Also it's saying 0.00170338 BTC
Balance is updated once per hour

If you ran this for 6 hours a day for 30 days, what balance could you make?

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8705/unledrj.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLaci1982

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Live long and prosper. \\//,

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:26:03 PM

Averaging 165.30 MH/s and i have added my bitcoin address on the deepbit website account setting.
I get this info in the deepbit account setting too:
Worker   Pass   Shares (stale)   Mode
MY EMAIL ADDRESS   hidden   45 (2.17%)   Prop.

My GPU activity is at 95% too. I'm using deepbit in guiminer, i don't want to keep changing things, so should keep running this when my PC is idling?
Also Guiminer allows me to change device to my CPU, so should i give that a try, i know GPU processor is a ton faster! so GPU will perform best.

Your monitor has a max refresh rate of 75 Hz, I recommend you to set the following extra options for the worker in GUIMiner:
Code:
-v -f75 -w 128

I use -f100, and I don't notice anything while playing World of Tanks! Smiley
why would the refresh rate make any difference? Also when i highlight over the flags bar, it says, for HD58.. Series best to use -v -w128

Is that correct? So should i put this in the flags: -v -f75 -w 128  or -v -f75 -w128 there is a space difference.

-w 128 Smiley

Hardware Expert / WinXP, Win7 Expert

1J5oPkyGVdb4mv44KGZQYsHS2ch6e1t4rc
PLaci1982

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:33:21 PM

Does this look right?

The setup looks good, look at the bottom of the right column @ Deepbit, you can see there your average daily gain of BTC Smiley

tman540

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:35:45 PM

ok so ive got guiminer running and bitcoin, im signed in with guiminer too, i can refresh balance to, but its at 0.00 blahblah..

Exactly the reason why you must make sure you're mining in a pool with the best benefits. Anything over 1% fee is too much IMO. Most pools don't have any jackpots. When you're only mining around 200 M/hs, every .001 really counts. Considering joining triplemining if you get tired of your current pool.
djdynamite123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:37:48 PM

Does this look right?

The setup looks good, look at the bottom of the right column @ Deepbit, you can see there your average daily gain of BTC Smiley
Fantastic, i appreciate your help. By the way how does the pay out service go about when i get a certain amount clocked up?
So do you think i'm best off just sticking to deepbit server?
tman540

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:39:29 PM

Does this look right?

Fantastic, i appreciate your help. By the way how does the pay out service go about when i get a certain amount clocked up?

It'll automatically send payments to your e-wallet once it's reaches the amount you've entered. I usually do .5 BTC payouts
djdynamite123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:41:59 PM

tman540 then what do i do with this e-wallet? do request it be sent to your paypal or something?
tman540

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:43:16 PM

tman540 then what do i do with this e-wallet? do request it be sent to your paypal or something?
The bitcoin client is your e-wallet. Once you've received your payment, you are free to do w/e you wish with the coin. Most people sell it on a trading website.
djdynamite123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:46:17 PM

The bitcoin client is your e-wallet. Once you've received your payment, you are free to do w/e you wish with the coin. Most people sell it on a trading website.
Ohhright, what do you do? can i not send it into my paypal?
tman540

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:47:18 PM

You can't directly send the BTC to your paypal, but you can sell the BTC and have them transfer USD to your paypal.
djdynamite123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:49:24 PM

You can't directly send the BTC to your paypal, but you can sell the BTC and have them transfer USD to your paypal.
Ahhh right ok, where is the best place to sell the BTC?
PLaci1982

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:54:30 PM

You can exchange Bitcoin at multiple websites, like https://mtgox.com/.

djdynamite123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:57:38 PM

thanx, does the BTC have the same value no matter where you selling it?
tman540

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:00:07 PM

The value of a BTC is exactly whatever someone is willing to pay.
PLaci1982

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:01:35 PM

At 1st I tried BTC Guild, but someone did a huge DDoS attack on them, so I use Deepbit atm.

You can set automatic payout @ "Minimum value for automatic payment:", and you can request payout clicking on the link of "payment".
Deepbit do pay up to 2 digits, from 0.125456 you get a payout of 0.12, the 0.005456 remains at your account.
BTC Guild do have full precision payouts.

PLaci1982

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:06:01 PM

Bitcoin does not have a fix exchange rate, once it was below 1 USD, once it was above 30 USD, in the last 48 hours it did run between 13.740 and 14.720 USD...

alans

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:10:34 PM

Does this look right?

If you go to www.deepbit.net/stats there is a "reward estimation" calculator in the right-hand column.  Enter your mhash rate there and it will indicate how many btc/day you can expect to generate.  It also lists the the current price/btc for the two most popular exchanges Tradehill and Mtgox.  I don't think either of those sites will pay directly to paypal.  I use Dwolla.com as the link between the exchange where I sell my BTC and my bank account.

To break it down...

Guiminer or whatever mining app you've got installed gets work from the pool and returns results to the pool.
The pool takes your results and solves blocks/earns bitcoins.
The pool calculate each miners reward based on various methods (per share, proportional, lottery, whatever - it varies by pool).
The pool then send the BTC you've earned to your wallet/bitcoin client.

Congratulations, at this point you've turned electricity into heat and bitcoins.

You can spend your bitcoins online through the retailers that take them, give them to helpful folks you meet on these forums, that kind of thing.  But, it sounds like you want to turn them into US Dollars.  So, you have sell your bitcoins.

Go to an exchange and setup an account.  They will have a variety of ways to get USD in and out of your account as well as a way to get bitcoins in and out of your account.  Once you're exchange account is setup you will send your btc to it using your bitcoin client.  Once your BTC's are in your exchange account you can sell them on the exchange.  (FYI, an exchange will usually give you a private address to send bitcoins to your account.  There's nothing that says you can't point your pool rewards at your exchange account, saving yourself the step of receiving and then sending the btc from the pool to the exchange).

Once you sell the bitcoins on the exchange you will have a USD balance from the sale.

Different exchanges use different methods to transport their USD as I mentioned above.  I use Dwolla with mtgox or tradehill.  Setup a dwolla account and associate it with your bank account or a credit card.  From the exchange site send the USD from the exchange to your dwolla account.

Use your dwolla account to send the USD from your dwolla account to your bank account or credit card.

I know, it seems like a shell game, lots of moving parts and shuffling.  Lots of different methods and payouts.  Lots of hoop jumping and fine print to read.  I found it very rewarding the first time I made 1.0BTC, sold it and actually turned it into USD.  Once the accounts are setup it's pretty straight forward.  Lots of people have lots of opinions about which pools, exchanges, payment handlers are superior, more efficient or just plain bad.  Like the windows vs mac vs linux debate you will find a million different opinions so there is no cut and dry "how to turn btc into usd" guide.  Do a little research, pick the service providers YOU think are the best and good luck!
PLaci1982

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:15:08 PM

Paypal? That's not easy, but not impossible! (Mt. Gox can send your USD to your bank account.)

For that you need one another exchange site: https://www.virwox.com/
That site can exchange your Bitcoin (BTC) into Linden Dollar (SLL, the money of Second Life), then the SLL to USD, and the site has Paypal as redeem option for USD...

djdynamite123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 07:30:55 PM

thanx everyone, id prefer it to be either sent into my bank account or paypal. Most likely paypal. What methods are to be taken for me to do this from when i get enough BTC to sell?
PLaci1982

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 08:13:42 PM

thanx everyone, id prefer it to be either sent into my bank account or paypal. Most likely paypal. What methods are to be taken for me to do this from when i get enough BTC to sell?

Lol, I just told you...

Paypal? That's not easy, but not impossible! (Mt. Gox can send your USD to your bank account.)

For that you need one another exchange site: https://www.virwox.com/
That site can exchange your Bitcoin (BTC) into Linden Dollar (SLL, the money of Second Life), then the SLL to USD, and the site has Paypal as redeem option for USD...

1st: Deposit
At Mt. Gox or Virwox you can deposit 1.00 BTC (or more, but allways xx.00 I think).

2nd: Exchange BTC
At Mt. Gox you can exchange BTC directly to USD, at Virwox you have to exchange it 1st to SLL, then the SLL to USD or EUR.
SLL's exchange rate does fluctuates like BTC.

3rd: Withdraw
At Mt. Gox you can withdraw directly to your bank account.
At Virwox you can also withdraw to Paypal.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: