Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
???
March 19, 2018, 10:38:52 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 04:15:39 PM by jackisme123
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Huh?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Near28

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:48:20 PM

How strong is your password? Or how strong are your passwords usually? how long? Do you have any idea what the password can be?

Which script did you use to extract the "hash"? BTCRecover, Hashcat or John?

Near28

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:26:53 PM

BTCRecover extract the "mkey" or "hash" as you call it.
https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/docs/Extract_Scripts.md#usage-for-bitcoin-unlimitedclassicxtcore

Works for Hashcat and JTR:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/bleeding-jumbo/run/bitcoin2john.py

but anyway

How strong is my password? Not very. With my limited memory, 7-8 characters with two numbers in it?

Crack it yourself, you do not need a high-end computer, if it does not work, extract the hash with bitcoin2john.py and send it to me, if the password is really just 7-8 chars, i crack it for free.  Wink

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:46:10 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

The more details you are 100% certain about, the easier it will be for someone to crack this for you.

Examples:
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password is longer than 1 character?  2 characters? 3? 4? 5? What's the ABSOLUTE shortest that it could POSSIBLY be?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password is shorter than 50 characters?  20 characters? 15? 12? What's the ABSOLUTE longest that it could POSSIBLY be?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has less than 10 UPPERCASE letters? less than 5? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE maximum number of UPPERCASE letters that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has at least 1 UPPERCASE letter? At least 2? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE minimum number of UPPERCASE letters that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has less than 10 lowercase letters? less than 5? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE maximum number of lowercase letters that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has at least 1 lowercase letter? At least 2? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE minimum number of lowercase letters that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has less than 10 numeric digits? less than 5? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE maximum number of numeric digits that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has at least 1 numeric digit? At least 2? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE minimum number of numeric digits that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has less than 10 punctuation/special characters? less than 5? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE maximum number of punctuation/special characters that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has at least 1 punctuation/special character? At least 2? 3? What's the ABSOLUTE minimum number of punctuation/special characters that it could possibly contain?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has at least 1 real english word or name embedded in it? What's the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM number of real english words or names that it has?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the password has less less than 5 real english words or names embedded in it? What's the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM number of real english words or names that it has?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the FIRST character of the password is any particular character type (UPPER, lower, numeric, punctuation/special)?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the FIRST character of the password is NOT any particular character type (UPPER, lower, numeric, punctuation/special)?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the LAST character of the password is any particular character type (UPPER, lower, numeric, punctuation/special)?
  • Can you say with 100% certainty that the LAST character of the password is NOT any particular character type (UPPER, lower, numeric, punctuation/special)?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 05:43:38 PM

Ah... unfortunately I can't take my merit back but there is an interesting backstory:

I find this very interesting, as I am a 'kid' myself, at the age of 12 years old. I started using Bitcoin about 6 months ago. The best way to teach a child something is to let them learn it themselves. I had to file a tax return last your for the capital gains i made just off of the stock market...
I taught myself the way to invest at the age of 8, and with a little bit of help, i made over 2000 dollars off of the stock market last year. I taught myself investing, and thats the way bitcoin should be shown to children. Thanks,
Jack
PS- I prefer ripple and other alts over btc, but my .5 btc is in it for the long run.

So... we're cracking a wallet of a 13-year-old who has an ex, a car, and 0.5 BTC "in it for the long run". I have a faint feeling that something's off here.
jackisme123 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:39:59 PM

trolling lmao
akes2090

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:24:23 AM

trolling lmao

I wouldn't say that's trolling dude. He has a valid point.
Where does a 13 year old kid get so many BTC to offer a reward of 2 ??!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: