Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
rokkiBalboa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:29:59 PM

Please give me the best reason why I should teach kids about bitcoin?

First, I am not favor on this. They must enjoy on what stage they are now because when they grow old they can never be like kids anymore unless they would stay as childish. There is a right time for that, kids should be in school and focus on their studies.

I agree with you. Children should not delve into the world of crypto currency. But if you really want to tell them about it, it's best to do it in the form of a game

Children need to show this in a playful way, so that they really like it. Then, in adulthood, they will have a real interest in investing and creating a good source of income. The school will not teach how to make money Smiley
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:21:05 AM

Regarding bitcoins,our kids dont have any psychological  barrier to digital money bitcoins.But our old aged people still think that the money they hold in their hands is real and they get confused about digital transactions.We could show them some animated videos about bitcoins so that they would easily understand.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:42:54 AM

Regarding bitcoins,our kids dont have any psychological  barrier to digital money bitcoins.But our old aged people still think that the money they hold in their hands is real and they get confused about digital transactions.We could show them some animated videos about bitcoins so that they would easily understand.
Consider the age or the maturity of the kids you are teaching, it will not be easy if kids are not matured yet as they have different focus.
Everything has a due time and wait for that time, for me I would only tech my kids once they are 18+ so it will be easy for them to comprehend.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:07:13 AM

Consider the age or the maturity of the kids you are teaching, it will not be easy if kids are not matured yet as they have different focus.
Everything has a due time and wait for that time, for me I would only tech my kids once they are 18+ so it will be easy for them to comprehend.
That is true. It will hard for the children to understand bitcoin if they are below 18 years old because bitcoin requires time and effort for a certain person to fully understand how it works because bitcoin is not an easy game because it do have a lot of complicated things to study and understand and only mature people will able to understand bitcoin because it will be very easy for them to understand since they have a lot of experience with technologies.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:20:24 AM

Kids are not that easy to teach because they only want is to have fun enjoying thier life as a kid. It would be much easier to teach if he/she came to a poor family and that kid iknows what is life  and openinded on his state of living.
I do agreed that teaching kids is that easy, because their mind and understanding is not prepared in this kind of a matter. so the easiest thing we can do for them is lets show the benefits and usage of bitcoin for the start.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:52:46 AM

Kids are not that easy to teach because they only want is to have fun enjoying thier life as a kid. It would be much easier to teach if he/she came to a poor family and that kid iknows what is life  and openinded on his state of living.
I do agreed that teaching kids is that easy, because their mind and understanding is not prepared in this kind of a matter. so the easiest thing we can do for them is lets show the benefits and usage of bitcoin for the start.

I think bitcoin can definitely wait til kids grow up. Money and economic matters are not meant for kids. Kids need to learn basic things first and have to be given time to play and enjoy their childhood instead of forcing kind of intricate matters such as bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:58:38 AM

But I don't think there are animated videos about bitcoin in youtube. There might be animated but that include tutorials but it's not a total animation but if you really want to teach your kids with bitcoin. Letting them watch videos about bitcoin with graphical content is going to be the most effective one because it can easily attract them,

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:54:07 PM

Today's generation of kids are technically advanced and so,they would not feel any difficulty in learning about bitcoins.We could show them some animated videos which explains about bitcoin.We could ask them to visit some faucet sites which pays bitcoins for it.Since,bitcoin is considered as future of the economy,it would be helpful for them when they grow up.

They know how to use a tablet or even a computer but that doesn't mean they will have the knowledge to understand how bitcoins work. Maybe they can understand that bitcoin is a currency of the Internet but any one can understand that. Nothing special about kids being able to use technology. To understand what bitcoin is, it will still require some basic education.

No one's considering bitcoin as the future of economy except for the people that use it and are knowledgeable about it. Thinking about all the advantage you get from using bitcoins, you will really get that idea but in reality? I think it's the opposite. Economy will always be built by money issued by the government also known as fiat.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 04:10:52 PM

Today's generation of kids are technically advanced and so,they would not feel any difficulty in learning about bitcoins.We could show them some animated videos which explains about bitcoin.We could ask them to visit some faucet sites which pays bitcoins for it.Since,bitcoin is considered as future of the economy,it would be helpful for them when they grow up.

They know how to use a tablet or even a computer but that doesn't mean they will have the knowledge to understand how bitcoins work. Maybe they can understand that bitcoin is a currency of the Internet but any one can understand that. Nothing special about kids being able to use technology. To understand what bitcoin is, it will still require some basic education.

No one's considering bitcoin as the future of economy except for the people that use it and are knowledgeable about it. Thinking about all the advantage you get from using bitcoins, you will really get that idea but in reality? I think it's the opposite. Economy will always be built by money issued by the government also known as fiat

I don't think that you need plenty of eduction to learn how to use Bitcoin

At least, apart from what you need to know how to use money at large, but kids surely know how to use money. They might not know how to use it with caution and reservation but this has nothing to do with money in general and Bitcoin in particular. In any case, during their school years they will have enough time to learn anything if they feel really interested in that, and money is such an object which interests quite a lot of kids once they find out it can open many if not all doors

suredoood

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:34:22 PM

Honestly you don't really need to teach them super early, just inform them about it in high school. My economics teacher in my school briefly mentioned bitcoin and I got super excited and talked about it for a bit and how it related to what we were talking about at the time (the global economy).

hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:43:27 PM

maybe children who like to be in front of a computer which has a lifespan of 10 years or more have be invited to learn to look for bitcoin. Well, maybe they'll like how to find such bitcoin faucet, or the kind of game that could result in bitcoin. well, but I guess it will not be easy to make them feel at home to look for bitcoin.
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 02:39:28 AM

the system teach to kids not diference another people is same
the first learn about bitcoin wallet, make bitcoin addres, safe addres and more
is about wallet addres is known, so learn about find bitcoin

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:03:25 PM

And then what? That's just the creation of the bitcoin wallet and nothing else. That's a tiny bit of knowledge that you can get from bitcoins. Literally every bitcoin users know how to do that. There are sites (aka online wallets) that even allow you to register using your e-mail, verify it, and then that's it. You're good to go. I'd say that's just the step one of learning about bitcoins.

I find this very interesting, as I am a 'kid' myself, at the age of 12 years old. I started using Bitcoin about 6 months ago. The best way to teach a child something is to let them learn it themselves. I had to file a tax return last your for the capital gains i made just off of the stock market...
I taught myself the way to invest at the age of 8, and with a little bit of help, i made over 2000 dollars off of the stock market last year. I taught myself investing, and thats the way bitcoin should be shown to children. Thanks,
Jack
PS- I prefer ripple and other alts over btc, but my .5 btc is in it for the long run.

And you learned trolling like, 2 months ago? Obvious troll is obvious.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

jackisme123

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 04:52:44 PM

And then what? That's just the creation of the bitcoin wallet and nothing else. That's a tiny bit of knowledge that you can get from bitcoins. Literally every bitcoin users know how to do that. There are sites (aka online wallets) that even allow you to register using your e-mail, verify it, and then that's it. You're good to go. I'd say that's just the step one of learning about bitcoins.

I find this very interesting, as I am a 'kid' myself, at the age of 12 years old. I started using Bitcoin about 6 months ago. The best way to teach a child something is to let them learn it themselves. I had to file a tax return last your for the capital gains i made just off of the stock market...
I taught myself the way to invest at the age of 8, and with a little bit of help, i made over 2000 dollars off of the stock market last year. I taught myself investing, and thats the way bitcoin should be shown to children. Thanks,
Jack
PS- I prefer ripple and other alts over btc, but my .5 btc is in it for the long run.

And you learned trolling like, 2 months ago? Obvious troll is obvious.
Im not trolling lol. I can prove my age if you want... Im no dumbass
DimidoffVany

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:34:55 PM

I do not think that it will be interesting for children to learn such things. That they wanted to learn something they need to be very interested. And I do not think that children will be interested in blockchain
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:25:28 PM

No the kids do not need to learn all of these it will make them confuse and kids are not able to work much so it will be good that you only tell them about transacting bitcoins and the easiest will be that if you take the start for them with an online wallet.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:21:17 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
From what age of the kids you are talking about? if this form 7-12 yrs.old it would be a hard to start to teach them about it. This age is more on focus in playing and gamings.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
From what age of the kids you are talking about? if this form 7-12 yrs.old it would be a hard to start to teach them about it. This age is more on focus in playing and gamings.
But you may know that at that stage kids also like to have money from their parents or any other relative. If they will know that bitcoin is also a form of money and with bitcoin they can buy what they want then they will also like to have bitcoin for their needs.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:07:30 PM

I do not think that it will be interesting for children to learn such things. That they wanted to learn something they need to be very interested. And I do not think that children will be interested in blockchain

Me too, I don't think that you can teach a children such boring terms ( for the kids ) about bitcoin. They will be just giving you a face frowned not knowing what you are saying or either llaying while you are telling them which is a sign of they do not care. If you really want the kids to learn them, try to introduce them to a faucet game which will they enjoy. Games like the blockchain game and the Alien run is popular on android, they will be asking questions about it when the time comes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:13:01 PM

Me too, I don't think that you can teach a children such boring terms ( for the kids ) about bitcoin. They will be just giving you a face frowned not knowing what you are saying or either llaying while you are telling them which is a sign of they do not care. If you really want the kids to learn them, try to introduce them to a faucet game which will they enjoy. Games like the blockchain game and the Alien run is popular on android, they will be asking questions about it when the time comes.
I have to disagree with you because if you inplement the same system to kids as adults are using it they will absolutely won't learn anything. For example how about you are teaching college algebra to kids would you think they would absorb anything after that? Of course not you have to teach the basics first before you enter rhe hard lessons especially money (Bitcoin included).

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: