Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:12:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: remote control kncminer jupiter  (Read 2689 times)
Zaghomat (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:09:31 PM

How could i setup a remote control trough the internet for my knc miner? it's setup in a switch connected to a router with dynamic ip.
chrono030

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:31:05 AM

How could i setup a remote control trough the internet for my knc miner? it's setup in a switch connected to a router with dynamic ip.

I would suggest using microsoft remote desktop along with putty or a web browser.  I typically remote desktop in using my IP address directly.  Dynamic DNS is a cool tool you can use if your IP address changes frequently.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 10:33:47 AM

just use logmein or join.me to use a free service that does this if you don't feel like spending the extra time/effort to set this up manually.

DigginDeep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:52:57 AM

All i did was set up static ip address for my miner,  Then on the router set up port forwarding for the miners IP address.    Set External port to what ever you want, Example 5000  then set internal port to 80,  Then to access miner page from the internet.  Just   inter your home ip address in the web browser followed by the external port number you  have chosen  xxx.xx.xx.xx:5000    and it should log right in.  I log in from my cell phone while at work,  Have even done firmware upgrades over my cell phone while at work.  
Also if you like connecting with putty remotely you can do that to.  Do it the same way but instead of 80 for internal port you use 22 for your internal port.   I have JuiceSSH on my android phone and i can connect the same way i do at home with putty.
Takes all about 10 mins to do.. 
Zaghomat (OP)

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:05:22 PM

sounds good but my router has a dynamic IP...
stefffe

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:09:25 PM

Use a router with built-in support for dyndns?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
DigginDeep

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:04:32 AM

Remote setup is pretty bad ass once its set up if you ask me its worth doing.  Have total control of my miner from my cell phone at any given time. 
https://i.imgur.com/Bbz8tHL.png
https://i.imgur.com/MoWODKa.png
burlow

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:50:40 AM

All i did was set up static ip address for my miner,  Then on the router set up port forwarding for the miners IP address.    Set External port to what ever you want, Example 5000  then set internal port to 80,  Then to access miner page from the internet.  Just   inter your home ip address in the web browser followed by the external port number you  have chosen  xxx.xx.xx.xx:5000    and it should log right in.  I log in from my cell phone while at work,  Have even done firmware upgrades over my cell phone while at work.  
Also if you like connecting with putty remotely you can do that to.  Do it the same way but instead of 80 for internal port you use 22 for your internal port.   I have JuiceSSH on my android phone and i can connect the same way i do at home with putty.

I did this (say, external port 5000 internal 80) but it's still not connecting over the internet. any idea why? I have a webcam on a custom internal port, and can view that (same internal/external ports for the camera, maybe that's why?)

I've tried different ports, made sure nothing is conflicting.
burlow

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:03:46 AM

I did this (say, external port 5000 internal 80) but it's still not connecting over the internet. any idea why? I have a webcam on a custom internal port, and can view that (same internal/external ports for the camera, maybe that's why?)

I've tried different ports, made sure nothing is conflicting.

wow figured it out. I had my "source", "destination" and "forward to" mixed up. working great now.
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:53:09 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 08:53:14 AM by giletto

Hm...i try it but dosn't work. If i use the :80 port, i can access one of the miner, but all other ports are closed. How i must setup the lan internal port to 80?

I guess is not 80 so i can't access. I use a cisco router, and there is no option to change the lan port.  Any other suggestion?

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:20:08 PM

Hm...i try it but dosn't work. If i use the :80 port, i can access one of the miner, but all other ports are closed. How i must setup the lan internal port to 80?

I guess is not 80 so i can't access. I use a cisco router, and there is no option to change the lan port.  Any other suggestion?

If the jupiter runs some kind of linux... and it allows you to ssh in, you could change the port in whatever webserver is in it. If you cant edit webserver config then try to setup local port forwarding..  You could set it to forward 5000 to 80, or you could set it on some other machine...

JeffZwolle

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:46:10 PM

You do not want to do this!

FYI:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392166.0

If you want to connect to it from the internet, do the following:
Every piece of equipment behind a router.
Forward a port on your router to a pc/laptop which is secured with good access-security.
Connect from the internet to that laptop
Connect from that laptop to your Jupiter.

Donations are always welcome :-)
1C447F2zd9KdoRCpi8mMAYNiLqqh3JDsiY
giletto

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:32:02 AM

With a good PW can't be hacked.

@turtle83 thanks, i will try when i am back home.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 08:52:55 AM

No, JeffZwolle is very correct. Please dont do this. I personally use the method JeffZwolle mentioned. i.e. i have a computer within the network i ssh into, and use that computer as a jumpbox to talk to everything else on my lan.

If you communicate to your miners unencrypted, anyone upstream(network admin, isp, government, etc...) can easily sniff your password, and then set the miner to mine for their pools. In fact if u use unsecured wifi, or public hotspot, anyone in the area can sniff your passwords from the air without even specifically targeting you.

giletto

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:59:27 AM

No, JeffZwolle is very correct. Please dont do this. I personally use the method JeffZwolle mentioned. i.e. i have a computer within the network i ssh into, and use that computer as a jumpbox to talk to everything else on my lan.

If you communicate to your miners unencrypted, anyone upstream(network admin, isp, government, etc...) can easily sniff your password, and then set the miner to mine for their pools. In fact if u use unsecured wifi, or public hotspot, anyone in the area can sniff your passwords from the air without even specifically targeting you.
So in that scenario will a Teamviewer notebook within my lan has the same effect, right? I could access via TV tunnel and change every settings which i want...

I was searching for another idea, because i want avoid that another computer need to run 24h and consume electricity. :/

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 09:06:37 AM

So in that scenario will a Teamviewer notebook within my lan has the same effect, right? I could access via TV tunnel and change every settings which i want...

I was searching for another idea, because i want avoid that another computer need to run 24h and consume electricity. :/

No idea how Teamviewer works or how secure it is...

Just buy a raspberry pi and stick it in to use as ssh tunnel. Its only like 2 watts or smthn.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: